Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    *JV launches a three from half court while fading to his left* "That's a shot he usually makes!" *Rest of team turns around, sighs, and runs back on D*
    I think that shot is the Lou Williams special. He'll need to Konami code to unlock that.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Of course. He's got the size to throw entry passes. So we can run our O through him at the point and post up guys like Lowry and Lou.
      I would honestly enjoy a game if he just snapped and took the ball from our guards and waved them off like they do to him. Casey would flip but I would be cheering for JV all the way.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Exactly. Maybe with enough conditioning and quickness, we'll be able to play JV at the PG and he'll finally see the ball.
        I heard that Lou is teaching him how to shoot 3s as well. JV's development is in good hands.
        OG is our king

Comment

Of course. He's got the size to throw entry passes. So we can run our O through him at the point and post up guys like Lowry and Lou.
          Lmao I'm reminded of when he fed Vasquez in the post once.
          OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
            Lmao I'm reminded of when he fed Vasquez in the post once.
            What's sad is that our bigs probably are better at feeding the post. Feel like Amir and Pat give much better entry passes than our guards.

Pat especially understands simple things like shifting his defender to open the passing lane instead of forcing JV to come all the way out to grab it. He'll just take on dribble to his side to open it up so he can deliver.

Comment

• Rick Carlisle and Rajon Rondo got into a sideline yelling match over play calling responsibilities mid-game vs the Raptors. So Carlisle sat four time all-star Rajon Rondo for the entire fourth quarter. For the record, a point guard with a championship ring who has twice as many all-star appearances as Lowry + DD, who was also a major mid-season acquisition by his GM, was just benched for an entire 4th quarter as a disciplinary measure. Dwayne Casey, are you reading this?
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

What's sad is that our bigs probably are better at feeding the post. Feel like Amir and Pat give much better entry passes than our guards.

Pat especially understands simple things like shifting his defender to open the passing lane instead of forcing JV to come all the way out to grab it. He'll just take on dribble to his side to open it up so he can deliver.
                I've always felt that the high-low feeds between our bigs are really good and very under-utilized.

Comment

• The only way JV will get touches is if he starts chucking 3s and long 2s. Coach Casey doesn't like it when players deviate from the plan.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    The only way JV will get touches is if he starts chucking 3s and long 2s. Coach Casey doesn't like it when players deviate from the plan.
                    That is tough.

He is going to have to get the offensive rebound and then dribbles out 22+ feet to get a shot off?

Luckily he'll be fading away so that should help get the shot off before 20 seconds flashes on the shot clock.

I'm sure Casey will be impressed with his dedication to follow the team leadership and culture of get yours first, second, and third.

This might even open up minutes in the middle of the 4th Q.

He is still a long ways from finishing a game though....let's not get too insane here.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      That is tough.

He is going to have to get the offensive rebound and then dribbles out 22+ feet to get a shot off?

Luckily he'll be fading away so that should help get the shot off before 20 seconds flashes on the shot clock.

I'm sure Casey will be impressed with his dedication to follow the team leadership and culture of get yours first, second, and third.

This might even open up minutes in the middle of the 4th Q.

He is still a long ways from finishing a game though....let's not get too insane here.
                      He should also refrain from playing any defense, just ask James Johnson you might just randomly lose a spot in the rotation for a month.

Comment

• I am officially beginning to dislike Casey. The way he has managed JV, JJ, and Lou has been horrible.

Lou ISO is not a real NBA play.
                        JV is your most efficient player; lets sit his ass down.
                        JJ is shutting down the opposing teams best player? Bench him.

I also blame his horrible plays on Ross' decline.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Lou ISO is NOT talked about enough. It's getting stupid and definitely costs us a few points game after game.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Rick Carlisle and Rajon Rondo got into a sideline yelling match over play calling responsibilities mid-game vs the Raptors. So Carlisle sat four time all-star Rajon Rondo for the entire fourth quarter. For the record, a point guard with a championship ring who has twice as many all-star appearances as Lowry + DD, who was also a major mid-season acquisition by his GM, was just benched for an entire 4th quarter as a disciplinary measure. Dwayne Casey, are you reading this?
                            To be fair to Casey, Rick has a name in the league and is well respected. He also has job security. Casey has none of these things.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              To be fair to Casey, Rick has a name in the league and is well respected. He also has job security. Casey has none of these things.
                              Casey is definitely well respected among the NBA coaching fraternity. And would not get fired by benching Demar for a 4th quarter. He just has no cajones
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Lou ISO is NOT talked about enough. It's getting stupid and definitely costs us a few points game after game.
                                No point in talking about something that won't change. There's like 30 games left, Casey will not change the Lou Iso's

Comment

Working...
                                X