Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    No point in talking about something that won't change. There's like 30 games left, Casey will not change the Lou Iso's
    I don't mind a little Lou ISO.

He can get a shot off versus anyone.

The problem is the volume of situations in addition to the amount of ISO in the entire backcourt.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      To be fair to Casey, Rick has a name in the league and is well respected. He also has job security. Casey has none of these things.
      Rick also has a couple of other All Stars to fall back on.

Comment

• My name is Dwayne Casey, and I love Jonas Valanciunas

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I don't mind a little Lou ISO.

He can get a shot off versus anyone.

The problem is the volume of situations in addition to the amount of ISO in the entire backcourt.
          I dont even think its his ability to get a shot off against anyone that is being mismanaged. Its his ability to draw fouls against anyone that isn't being utilized enough. I would rather see him have an iso play designed to get top defenders in foul trouble versus killing the clock, same thing with derozan and lowry. An iso should be more about targeting a single defender than trying to get 2 points.

If you want 2 points you run a damn play that has been practiced to death and has multiple options, a play you only pull out when you need 2 points. Casey should watch semi-pro lol

Comment

• What do y'all think JV's numbers would like like if he was the #1 guy on offence, and Lowry and DeRozan took a back seat to him, somewhat like Gasol, Conley, and Green over in Memphis (yes, I understand JV is no Gasol but I just want to see what everyone thinks), as well as how do you think the team would perform with such roles?

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
              What do y'all think JV's numbers would like like if he was the #1 guy on offence, and Lowry and DeRozan took a back seat to him, somewhat like Gasol, Conley, and Green over in Memphis (yes, I understand JV is no Gasol but I just want to see what everyone thinks), as well as how do you think the team would perform with such roles?
              I'm the biggest JV fan and even I don't think he's ready to be the number 1 option on a playoff team.....yet. He should obviously be getting more touches though.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• It says so much about this team, that in the midst of that second half dominance from JV, and with him sitting on 5 fouls and liable to foul out any second, the team STILL went away from him! Like, actively looking off his post ups. It's completely beyond me how that could happen.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That was some block by Lou A on Big Val today!!!!

Comment

• Just a quick update on our awesome young big man.

25th in WS at 6.1 (2nd on team, behind Lowry)
                    12th in WS/48 at .192 (1st on team)
                    27th in PER amongst all players at 20.3 (1st) 8th amongst centers.
                    10th in TS% at .617 (1st)

*all players qualified for MP/G leaderboard.

Comment

• In other news, why didn't we trade JV for Harden again? geez. Anyone watching this Rockets/Cavs game?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        In other news, why didn't we trade JV for Harden again? geez. Anyone watching this Rockets/Cavs game?
                        OT! Awesome game.

Comment

• Did I hear right? LBJ took 46 shots?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Did I hear right? LBJ took 46 shots?
                            Forget how many he took, look at how many he missed! Not to mention the missed free throws at the end. Dayum.

Comment

• I gave him a B

Yes he needs more touches, but, it drives me up the walls when he gets the rebound, brings it down and gets stripped, he also needs to give his teammates an earful if they are not giving him touches. They're not here to be friends.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                                I gave him a B

Yes he needs more touches, but, it drives me up the walls when he gets the rebound, brings it down and gets stripped, he also needs to give his teammates an earful if they are not giving him touches. They're not here to be friends.
                                Pretty sure the poll's from his rookie season.

Comment

Working...
                                X