No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how both LBJ and Perkins use the passive aggressive taunt "oh, he probably just did that because he was tired of getting beat on the pick and roll all game". Try running past him to the rim on the first play of the next game and see what happens.

Comment

• Wait, you mean this Kendrick Perkins?

Fuck him.

Also, Lebron is only a King in terms of the ridiculous sense of entitlement he has. Fuck him too.

Comment

• so whats up with JV.

i know everyone harps on him not getting enough playing time / no 4th quarter minutes etc etc etc

but so far stats-wise isn't he something like the worst net negative of any active player on the team? i'm sure it has to do with our playstyle, blame-everything-on-casey etc story but he just doesn't seem as untouchable to me as he did last year.

then again, neither does any player on this roster right now.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          so whats up with JV.

i know everyone harps on him not getting enough playing time / no 4th quarter minutes etc etc etc

but so far stats-wise isn't he something like the worst net negative of any active player on the team? i'm sure it has to do with our playstyle, blame-everything-on-casey etc story but he just doesn't seem as untouchable to me as he did last year.

then again, neither does any player on this roster right now.
          Watch games. Stats are meaningless with Casey. Play with inefficient Chuckers and sit when Lou gets hot effects stats

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Yeah, rough game for him, even though he was pretty much the only guy playing hard for the first half of the game. Just too many breakdowns on the perimeter (though he still did a great job rotating, it was the next rotation that failed). And he was the only one crashing the offensive glass, while DD let Leonard waltz to the rim on the other end for easy boards.

He faded in the third, clearly burnt out after the first half, and Casey's small ball lineup worked for a stretch (combination of the guards getting hot and the Spurs letting off the gas and not playing transition D). Ended up with a brutal plus minus.

On the plus side, he has one of the best defensive ratings on the team over the past month.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sometimes I wonder if we botched JV's physical development.

Everybody's going gaga over The Stifle Tower, Rudy Gobert, who is rail thin and long, but more importantly, quick, agile, explosive and high motor. I could have sworn that was our first impression of JV in the months after draft night and early in his first year with the Raptors. And I'm pretty sure that Dwane Casey said JV reminded him of a young Tyson Chandler at the time.

Look at these quotes from NBAdraft.net and DraftExpress. It sounds completely different from the lumbering JV we see today.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jonas-valanciunas

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...anciunas-5622/

Very fluid athlete ... Runs the court well for a center ... Good quickness and solid explosiveness/leaping ability .

A good athlete who gets off the floor well and attacks the rim

Valanciunas' combination of size, skill and motor gives him a high amount of intrigue

Extremely fluid running the floor for a player his size

His terrific effort level and hands made him a terrific pick and roll finisher.

he scored on an absurd 73% of his possessions when catching the ball rolling to the rim

He runs the floor extremely well, is quick off his feet

Comment

• Well they wanted him to gain weight, so he gained weight. It's not too late to lean down though. Gasol leaned down at a much later age.

Comment

• Casey seems to be obsessed with guys gaining weight (Bargs, Rudy, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      Casey seems to be obsessed with guys gaining weight (Bargs, Rudy, etc.)

Which probably doesn't make sense for the type of high energy defensive system he wants them to play.

Comment

completely destroyed his athleticism. Lost all his quickness
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Don't forget Ross. That was supposed to be his big goal last summer.

Comment

Especially Rudy.

He has talked about that numerous times.

Casey has been obsessed with small ball.... yet getting smaller guys to get bigger to play smaller.... say what?!?!?!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Especially Rudy.

He has talked about that numerous times.

Casey has been obsessed with small ball.... yet getting smaller guys to get bigger to play smaller.... say what?!?!?!
                              Lol, JV gets bigger and Casey is unsatisfied with his ability to hedge and recover

Plays small and comments on the lack of rebounding

OG is our king

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Don't forget Ross. That was supposed to be his big goal last summer.
                                Guards also need to develop And1 mixtape / #handle4life dribbling skills, with front-court players bulking up and working with Hakeem on post-ups. It's all about the 1-on-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X