No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he gets consistent minutes and touches, he will be an all-star next year.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      If he gets consistent minutes and touches, he will be an all-star next year.
      Casey just read your post and wondered aloud: "Hmmm. Where is the pink font?"

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        If he gets consistent minutes and touches, he will be an all-star next year.
        20/10 next season with the occasional 30/15 game is not a stretch of the imagination at all...

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          20/10 next season with the occasional 30/15 game is not a stretch of the imagination at all...
          Casey apologists beg to differ
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JV is capable of those numbers. I just wonder what it will mean for the team. The last time we had a 20/10 guy on our roster we were not able to convert it into any playoff success. Actually we could barely get into the playoffs all those years Bosh was putting up 20/10

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              JV is capable of those numbers. I just wonder what it will mean for the team. The last time we had a 20/10 guy on our roster we were not able to convert it into any playoff success. Actually we could barely get into the playoffs all those years Bosh was putting up 20/10
              Don't know until you try, but it's hard to compare the situation to Bosh's time here. Pretty different players playing different positions, to start with. Also, Bosh's teams were mostly poorly built around him as the centrepiece. There's no telling if that's how they'd choose to build if they got Jonas more involved. I don't think they'd make him the centrepiece in the sense of having disproportionately high usage.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                I am not to concern about the actual numbers and I think he will be fine offensively. What I like to see are the following:

1) Ability to pass from the double team

2) Bring down the number os Turn overs

3) Be a True defensive anchor and force inside in the defensive game. ( T.C. Style)

Big Val does those things better, I can leave with 15-10.

Comment

• 30/15 huh. That's Shaq like numbers. And how many players this season are averaging 20/10? Cousins? who else?

So according to most of you here, JV has the potential to be an ELITE center, a FRANCHISE center. I think you all need to calm down lol. He had a great game last night, relax and enjoy it. Stop overreacting.

I'll be happy if he can average 15/10 lol. And McRealistic pretty much pointed out everything that i want to see from JV the rest of the way/following years.

2) Bring down the number of turnovers

3) Be a TRUE defensive anchor and force inside in the defensive game

AND

POST UP GAME NEEDS TO BE BETTER.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Thu Mar 19, 2015, 03:32 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Don't know until you try, but it's hard to compare the situation to Bosh's time here. Pretty different players playing different positions, to start with. Also, Bosh's teams were mostly poorly built around him as the centrepiece. There's no telling if that's how they'd choose to build if they got Jonas more involved. I don't think they'd make him the centrepiece in the sense of having disproportionately high usage.
                    Agree with the bold. It's just a matter of using him a little more, while utilizing him far more effectively.

With consistent 32 mpg and even a couple plays run for him, 18-20/10 seems quite easy.

He's putting up 12/9 in 26 mpg, averaging just 8 shots per game, with little more than 2-3 plays actually drawn up for him.
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Mar 19, 2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      30/15 huh. That's Shaq like numbers. And how many players this season are averaging 20/10? Cousins? who else?

So according to most of you here, JV has the potential to be an ELITE center? i think you all need to calm down lol. He had a great game last night, relax and enjoy it. Stop overreacting.

I'll be happy if he can average 15/10 lol. And McRealistic pretty much pointed out everything that i want to see from JV the rest of the way/following years.

AND

Cousins 23.7pts 12.3reb
                      Davis 24.6pts 10.4reb
                      Aldridge 23.5pts 10.5reb
                      Vucevic 19.3pts 11.2reb

Gotta figure if Vucevic can do it JV could too. Difference is Vucevic averages 34.3 minutes and 16.1 FGA per game, and JV averages 26.2 minutes and 8.1 FGA per game.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        So Jonas puts up 15 & 15 on 7/9 shooting in 24 minutes when he's sick. Seriously, no wonder this guy's minutes are down from last year and he rarely plays in the 4th quarter. What a pain in the ass - he completely disrupts the scramble unit's ability to shoot very low percentages and not rebound the basketball. /sarcasm
                        You talk like he plays like that every game.

I just want to remind everyone who the Raps played last night. The Minnesota freakin Timberwolves. Who did JV matched up against? Gorgei Dieng. A backup C at best. I mean, c'mon man.

JV played great last night but let's stop acting like he's the second coming of Shaq or something.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Thu Mar 19, 2015, 03:59 PM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Anyone want to guess who is 4th in the league in FG% and tied for 3rd in points per shot?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Anyone want to guess who is 4th in the league in FG% and tied for 3rd in points per shot?

Anyone?

Anyone?
                            Oh I think his name starts with a J and he's Lithuanian
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              30/15 huh. That's Shaq like numbers. And how many players this season are averaging 20/10? Cousins? who else?

So according to most of you here, JV has the potential to be an ELITE center, a FRANCHISE center. I think you all need to calm down lol. He had a great game last night, relax and enjoy it. Stop overreacting.

AND

Bold 1 : He can definitely be an elite offensive talent with great rebounding ability... this does not a franchise player make...

Bold 2 : When he is involved in the offense I believe he handles double teams better than demar/Ross/Lou does. JV has shown some pretty good court awareness when he isn't trying to score everything he touches because he gets 5 touches a game.

Bold 3 : Turnovers aren't that bad, they really aren't. If you want to cut down on turnovers then teach players how/where to feed him the ball so he doesn't have to move 15 feet to get on the block. Teach them to respect his space and not cut through when he is making a move. And don't use him as a last resort dumping ground when you're drive fails so that its a scramble and goes out off his hands (I'm looking at you on this one Demar)

Bold 4 : Give him a defensive scheme where he is put to decent use and can use his strengths, bet you will be shocked by his ability to be an anchor. He isn't going to be TC or AD type anchor but why not Marc Gasol? Again not that talent level but that style. Bet he could Anchor a top 10 defense.

Bold 5 : His post up game is GETTING BETTER, and it is GETTING BETTER rather quickly. I mean every 10 games I feel like there is visible progression. He is using his body, reading angles, better on his feet and at managing his balance. He looks more decisive and has some quick moves to offset his strong moves. His post game is not an issue at 22 years old. Once he can learn to ignore the refs and just finish strong on a consistent basis he will be a force on the block.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Oh I think his name starts with a J and he's Lithuanian
                                Ooooh yer good!

Next question!

Who is third on the team in both OffRtg and DefRtg?

Comment

Working...
                                X