Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    People should tune in to the opposition broadcast whenever possible. Just about every opposing team broadcasters speak incredulously about the lack of 4th Q playing time for JV and the style of play/shot selection from the team.
    This is true. I feel like it's a regular question they ask : "JV is killing us, why aren't they letting him continue to kill us"

Comment

• any word on what had JV feeling under the weather and if he's a go for tonight?

Comment

• This team needs a lot more help than just a more involved JV, but that seems like such an immediate and obvious next step at this point...
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• when he starts shooting that 15 footer that we know he can make he will be unstopable
          you jump, he can blow by
          in the post his counter to the running hook being taken away has been looking better with that little hook
          by the time hes 25 he'll be one of the best bigs in the league

which is why if someone like newyorks pick is available this year, we trade lowry, ross and whatever else they want to get it(mudiay)
          Last edited by draps; Fri Mar 20, 2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Sigh.

Who the fuck is comparing Lowry and DeRozan to Kobe, Stockton, Isiah etc? huh? Some of you here needs to learn how to read(yeah i'm talking to you hotfuzz). Instead of dick riding some of the posters here about post your own opinion?

Anyhow, DanH said that JV is a GREAT low post player already. I ONLY mentioned guys like EWING, OLAJUWON, DUNCAN etc...because those guys IMO are the true definition of a GREAT low post player. Is JV in that level? fuck no. It's not even close.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Pretty sure he's one of the best league at points per possession while posting up
              I'm still waiting for an answer hotfuzz.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ciunas/page237
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Sigh.

Who the fuck is comparing Lowry and DeRozan to Kobe, Stockton, Isiah etc? huh? Some of you here needs to learn how to read(yeah i'm talking to you hotfuzz). Instead of dick riding some of the posters here about post your own opinion?

Anyhow, DanH said that JV is a GREAT low post player already. I ONLY mentioned guys like EWING, OLAJUWON, DUNCAN etc...because those guys IMO are the true definition of a GREAT low post player. Is JV in that level? fuck no. It's not even close.
                Well, DanH certainly wasn't comparing JV to Ewing et al., - for some reason you jumped to that conclusion...
                Last edited by JimiCliff; Fri Mar 20, 2015, 02:12 PM.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Well, DanH certainly wasn't comparing JV to Ewing et al., - for some reason you jumped to that conclusion...
                  Man, things are getting a bit testy around here. lol. I guess we need to starting clarifying the meaning of great, all-time-great, and greatest-of-all-time.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    When he said GREAT low post player. Those are the first guys that i think of.

"Developing" i thin is a better word than "great" because that's what JV is right now. A developing low post big man. I know this forum overrates him a lot but there is nothing great about him.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      When he said GREAT low post player. Those are the first guys that i think of.

"Developing" i thin is a better word than "great" because that's what JV is right now. A developing low post big man. I know this forum overrates him a lot but there is nothing great about him.
                      You need to calm down and understand the whole point of discussing opinions. You are allowed "to think" something and other people can "think" something else. Don't get testy when someone brings out numbers that make what you "think" seem less valid.

What you seem to "know" depends a lot on what you seem to "think" and as such seems less of a fact and more of an opinion.

If you want to argue about how you define a word then fine, but that make the center piece of the conversation. "Great" in my eyes defines how someone stacks up against the rest in the league. JV following that definition is great. When you compare him against a "Legend" then all of sudden he's less great, but how many legends are in the league right now?

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                        You need to calm down and understand the whole point of discussing opinions. You are allowed "to think" something and other people can "think" something else. Don't get testy when someone brings out numbers that make what you "think" seem less valid.

What you seem to "know" depends a lot on what you seem to "think" and as such seems less of a fact and more of an opinion.

If you want to argue about how you define a word then fine, but that make the center piece of the conversation. "Great" in my eyes defines how someone stacks up against the rest in the league. JV following that definition is great. When you compare him against a "Legend" then all of sudden he's less great, but how many legends are in the league right now?
                        One for sure.

Comment

• Dude, where did you get that?
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            Dude, where did you get that?
                            Bedroom wall.

My wife likes it.

Comment

• Where did you pull that from?

That's just amazing