Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Well, it really depends on what we gettin back for him. And I have a feeling Jonas will be traded if Casey stays on as a head coach.
    If any part of that happen #FireMU

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
      Anyone read the article about trading JV on TriangleOffense? (I for one would be totally against it)
      Depends on the return. If he can help us get a superstar, then I might pull the trigger. The article mentions trading him for draft picks. That would be completely idiotic. Also, it's not like it's it's impossible to have success with a lumbering C. Indiana have gone on to the ECF last 2 years and have the least mobile C in the league. Another problem is that there are only a handful of Cs capable of executing Casey's retarded system. I also don't remember Jonas' mobility being such an issue last season.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        Depends on the return. If he can help us get a superstar, then I might pull the trigger. The article mentions trading him for draft picks. That would be completely idiotic. Also, it's not like it's it's impossible to have success with a lumbering C. Indiana have gone on to the ECF last 2 years and have the least mobile C in the league. Another problem is that there are only a handful of Cs capable of executing Casey's retarded system. I also don't remember Jonas' mobility being such an issue last season.
        Casey himself said that even guys like chandler, who is a highly mobile top defensive center, would most likely fail in what he is asking of jonas.

Casey wants a small forward as a center, a small forwaed and a power forward, demar as a sg, vasquez as a small forward and lowry as pg. With all shots comong from lowly, dd and gv

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
          Casey himself said that even guys like chandler, who is a highly mobile top defensive center, would most likely fail in what he is asking of jonas.
          source?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            source?
            It was post-game maybe a month or two ago. Jonas had been benched in crunch time after, if I remember right, he'd played very well.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              Oh, now there i'll agree with you. Great demonstration.
              Burn.
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I remember that too, Casey did say that or something in that same line.

KHD wrote: View Post
                source?

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post

Casey wants a small forward as a center, a small forwaed and a power forward, demar as a sg, vasquez as a small forward and lowry as pg. With all shots comong from lowly, dd and gv
                  KHD wrote: View Post
                  source?
                  JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  It was post-game maybe a month or two ago. Jonas had been benched in crunch time after, if I remember right, he'd played very well.
                  It was indeed post game, but it's hard to find the interview...So I found this random one instead also from a couple of months ago but not relating to a specific game, and saying exactly the same thing.

“He’s better this year than last year. Is this where he’s going to be? No. But that’s where fans are impatient. My job is to be patient. I know everybody wants him to play the whole fourth quarter. He’s not ready for that. And when teams go small, you’re putting that young man at a disadvantage, the same disadvantage guys like (Roy) Hibbert and Tyson Chandler face regularly.
                  http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/12...g-with-winning

Basically Casey feels he can't play a C when teams go small.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 14, 2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Oh, found it...It was after a Milwaukee game. Thought so.

“Usually if we’re scrambling, double-teaming, trying to get back defensively, trying to play fast, in those situations JV is not in the game,” Casey said after practice on Tuesday, asked about his preference to sit Valanciunas in crunch time. “Last night we gave up a couple of threes because we were slow from one of our bigs to rotate. And they’re playing [Jared] Dudley, who is usually a three-man at the four, in that situation.”

“We needed to get faster in our rotations, and we did that with Tyler [Hansbrough] and [Patrick Patterson]. No disrespect to JV.”

And furthermore..

“If I had Tyson Chandler, he probably wouldn’t be in the game," Casey added.
                    http://raptorswatch.com/dwane-casey-...eeds-to-leave/

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Oh, found it...It was after a Milwaukee game. Thought so.

good find.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

omg that was against Milwaukee? 23rd in 3PM and 26th in 3PA Milwaukee? That Milwuakee? You sit a promising young center who definitely has All-Star potential because you're worried about rotating out to 3PA against a team that is bottom 5 in the entire league for attempting this particular shot??? I guess Casey really does make adjustments...
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

interesting

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          omg that was against Milwaukee? 23rd in 3PM and 26th in 3PA Milwaukee? That Milwuakee? You sit a promising young center who definitely has All-Star potential because you're worried about rotating out to 3PA against a team that is bottom 5 in the entire league for attempting this particular shot??? I guess Casey really does make adjustments...

yikes...

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            I guess he's been pounding the rock with his head too hard.
                            OG is our king

Comment

The lack of sound tactical adjustments is perfect for playoff basketball.

Comment

Best franchise record.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X