Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Okay, yup, you're clueless. Who else is going to be the 3rd option? Ross? Patterson? gimme a break.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      oh god

Comment

• distorsun wrote: View Post
        Casey coaches with complete disregard for basic statistics. I don't thing he's able to analyse a game from more than 1 dimension at a time.
        This dude is the SLOWEST GUY to call a time out, he always does it 2 or 3 min too late. It's almost as he has no idea what tactical changes the opposite coach just made and he's waiting it out to SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
        I disagree about the timeout thing.

I'm curious if there is a metric that measures it but I actually do find he is generally pretty timely with them.

Comment

• And they said he isn't ready to be the 3rd option

#ProveEm
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Game time for JV.

My hopes for the Playoffs, please NBA, please refs...don't just fuck JV for the sake of it, let him play.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Game time for JV.

My hopes for the Playoffs, please NBA, please refs...don't just fuck JV for the sake of it, let him play.
              This is a big matchup for him because there he gets to go head to head with Gortat/Nene and gets to likely play in 4th quarters.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                This is a big matchup for him because there he gets to go head to head with Gortat/Nene and gets to likely play in 4th quarters.
                He plays better against more traditional bigs - pounding inside clearly gets JV fired up. I'd like to see someone dare to bust out the old "Euros are soft" stereotype after 7 games of JV vs. Gortat.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I always feel that Gortat gives JV issues whenever they play against each other. I'm looking at JV's stats when they play the Wizards:

Nov. 7 - 9 pts, 9 rebs, 29 mins
                  Jan. 31 - 6 pts, 2 rebs, 17 mins - Fouled out
                  Feb. 11 - 6 pts, 5 rebs, 16 mins

To add, I've noticed that Casey likes to make our PF guard the other team's C, with our C on the PF. I never really understood this.
                  OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                    I always feel that Gortat gives JV issues whenever they play against each other. I'm looking at JV's stats when they play the Wizards:

To add, I've noticed that Casey likes to make our PF guard the other team's C, with our C on the PF. I never really understood this.
                    I only really notice Casey doing that against Memphis and he does it because Randolph struggles against length and Gasol plays more on the perimeter anyway. It usually works because we play well against Memphis. Also yea I don't know why people are so confident with JV going up against Gortat. He always struggles against Gortat mainly because Gortat is very physical, strong and he also is a very good post defender. JV struggles with his post moves when he plays Washington because he isn't able to back Gortat down enough, he's too strong. Gorat is also pretty smart too.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I always feel that Gortat gives JV issues whenever they play against each other. I'm looking at JV's stats when they play the Wizards:

GLF wrote: View Post
                      I only really notice Casey doing that against Memphis and he does it because Randolph struggles against length and Gasol plays more on the perimeter anyway. It usually works because we play well against Memphis. Also yea I don't know why people are so confident with JV going up against Gortat. He always struggles against Gortat mainly because Gortat is very physical, strong and he also is a very good post defender. JV struggles with his post moves when he plays Washington because he isn't able to back Gortat down enough, he's too strong. Gorat is also pretty smart too.
                      Don't know that I disagree that Gortat defends JV well, but those three stat lines are actually not bad at all and acceptable with the small sample size warning. He nearly had a double-double in the one full game he played, which is fine for a C in a guard-heavy system. He had foul trouble in one game which JV has every now and then regardless, and then he had 6 and 5 in 16 min which seems like a pretty run of the mill JV box score line under Casey

He hasn't had a great 20+10 game, but it's only three games, and JV rarely has the opportunity for 20 & 10 on this team anyway, regardless of the opponent.

JV can man up, he just has to stay out of foul trouble.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Don't know that I disagree that Gortat defends JV well, but those three stat lines are actually not bad at all and acceptable with the small sample size warning. He nearly had a double-double in the one full game he played, which is fine for a C in a guard-heavy system. He had foul trouble in one game which JV has every now and then regardless, and then he had 6 and 5 in 16 min which seems like a pretty run of the mill JV box score line under Casey

He hasn't had a great 20+10 game, but it's only three games, and JV rarely has the opportunity for 20 & 10 on this team anyway, regardless of the opponent.

I have faith in JV. Hopefully he figures it out. At least we one thing is he won't back down and JV's just as physical as Gortat. It's Casey that worries me. Thank God we are playing a team with a dumber coach than ours as everyone here has been saying.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Trying to understand Casey is like looking into a black hole. The brain will never fully comprehend what the hell is going on no matter how hard it tries.

Comment

It happens when the PF is more of a bully in the post and the C really isn't a much of a low-post/power player. The cross-matching benefits both Amir and JV on D. Gortat is more of an off-ball p'n'r guy. Nene is more of a power player who is iso'd a fair amount in the post.

I think the cross-matching is good whenever the C isn't really a bully down low. It's actually one of the things I have no beef with whatsoever.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I'd just like to add that Gortat hasn't exactly been great against us either. People seem to have that impression because he's had a couple of good games against us last season, including one monster 31 pt game (where all our bigs, and really the whole team, could not defend the Wall/Gortat p'n'r). Otherwise he's been a non-factor a lot of the time.

Comment

• no he hasnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X