Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    no he hasnt.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• yes, him too

Comment

• "Jonas was blocked three times in the first quarter…two by Drew Gooden. I felt like crying. He was abused all night by Gortat and looked two steps slow on all of his rotations. Huge disappointment."

Damn !!! Damn !!! Damn ...

Comment

• We should listen to offers for him too. I'm all ready to go all sixers on this bitch.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            We should listen to offers for him too. I'm all ready to go all sixers on this bitch.
            lol i dont think anyone should be excited to be the Sixers 2.0

That said, count me in.

Comment

• JV is a RFA next year, if i were him i would get the biggest contract possible, it's much more likely to be taken seriously by an organization when youre paid 15mil a year

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                "Jonas was blocked three times in the first quarter…two by Drew Gooden. I felt like crying. He was abused all night by Gortat and looked two steps slow on all of his rotations. Huge disappointment."

Damn !!! Damn !!! Damn ...
                Are people FINALLY seeing what i've been seeing for over a year now??! wow!

JV is just too slow, very robotic. He whines A LOT whenever he gets called for a foul. Not sure about his basketball IQ either, but i'm pretty sure its higher than Ross but that's not saying much.

Defensively, again he's too slow, he's always a step late. Basically he's a mess.

Offensively, i see improvements in his post up game, its not great but not bad either. Just one thing, he needs to ask for the ball NEAR the rim, you know in the painted area. That's where he should be posting up. For some reason this guy always ask for the ball in the Dirk Nowitzki spot, you know close to 3pt line
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Vykis wrote: View Post
                  JV is a RFA next year, if i were him i would get the biggest contract possible, it's much more likely to be taken seriously by an organization when youre paid 15mil a year
                  Raps will not match any contract I think.. unless it's financially healthy, but I just don't see it. They had three good years to develop to his kid, but it felt like every year they used different development system. Every year they wanted something different from this kid.

Comment

• Hakeem's been scamming the kid.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

JV is just too slow, very robotic. He whines A LOT whenever he gets called for a foul. Not sure about his basketball IQ either, but i'm pretty sure its higher than Ross but that's not saying much.

Defensively, again he's too slow, he's always a step late. Basically he's a mess.

Offensively, i see improvements in his post up game, its not great but not bad either. Just one thing, he needs to ask for the ball NEAR the rim, you know in the painted area. That's where he should be posting up. For some reason this guy always ask for the ball in the Dirk Nowitzki spot, you know close to 3pt line
                      Every time he has deep position the guards never get him the ball on time, then he goes out to the mid-post or beyond and they throw it in to him. This is far from being all on JV.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

you wouldn't be confused if you were paying attention. guys don't give him the ball in deep position.

I agree he is too slow on defense, but that is exacerbated by the defensive system being a total clusterfuck that only "works" when playing small.

Three seasons in and there's a major disconnect between what he has been doing on the player development side and what the coach wants from him in game. you don't get to have great strength as well as great agility and speed unless you're Lebron.

Guy is 22 years old, and he's shown a lot of promise. If this organization figures their shit out this summer and defines what kind of player they want him to be, then he'll excel. otherwise he won't.

Comment

I love that one of the few posters that have agreed with you fairly consistently agrees with you and you think the board has come to some sort of ridiculous epiphany. Nothing has changed. The team still doesn't prioritize JV's offence nor put him in a position to succeed offensively. And the defence is still probably the worst possible defensive system for a true centre to exist in (nevermind all the other deficiencies of the system outside of JV).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Very poor game on offence for JV last night. Decent game defensively, especially cleaning up the boards.

Most troubling for me were his emotional displays/general disposition. While he definitely got completely hosed on a few calls, you can't let that affect you in must win game. Now, some might chalk this up to immaturity, he's only 22, etc. I'm not so sure about that. I'm not ready to give up on him, but this series hasn't done anything to improve my opinion of him.

What he desperately needs is a coach who makes it clear, in no uncertain terms, that his moping is unacceptable.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Very poor game on offence for JV last night. Decent game defensively, especially cleaning up the boards.

Most troubling for me were his emotional displays/general disposition. While he definitely got completely hosed on a few calls, you can't let that affect you in must win game. Now, some might chalk this up to immaturity, he's only 22, etc. I'm not so sure about that. I'm not ready to give up on him, but this series hasn't done anything to improve my opinion of him.

What he desperately needs is a coach who makes it clear, in no uncertain terms, that his moping is unacceptable.

While I agree that he should stop moping and complaining, how would you feel watching your guards chuck up shot after shot, bricking them all and you are runnnig baseline to baseline and not getting any touches? The coach needs to figure that part of the game out first before he can get on JV about his attitude.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

The problem with Raptor fans is that they tend to make a STAR of their young players who have potentials and blame the older players in the team for the bad plays of these young guys.

They did during the Bosh vs AB era. They did during AB vs DD era and they are doing it now for DD/KL vs JV era. It is pattern and I think the reason is that thinking more highly of the potential of the young player, gives them hope of better days in future.

The reality is if you had a poll on this board about a 3 weeks ago and would ask, who would play better in a series between Washington and Raptors, Gortat or JV , almost 95% of the board would have voted for JV despite our guard plays or our coach.

However, in this series, Gortat has destroyed JV. JV is a good player but one thing is for sure, his potentials are not one of a super star and maybe even an All star. He has a lot to learn and he needs to make changes and our fans should realize that.

Comment

Working...
                                X