Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    [/B]

While I agree that he should stop moping and complaining, how would you feel watching your guards chuck up shot after shot, bricking them all and you are runnnig baseline to baseline and not getting any touches? The coach needs to figure that part of the game out first before he can get on JV about his attitude.
    I dont disagree, that's hard on a guys morale. I was hoping to see JV step up though, rise to the occasion and play at a next gear.

Last night was a stinker for sure. What kills me is when Devlin made a comment about how hard he was struggling when he was 3-8, and doesn't say anything when a guard Is shooting 20% but he normally makes those

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      [/B]

While I agree that he should stop moping and complaining, how would you feel watching your guards chuck up shot after shot, bricking them all and you are runnnig baseline to baseline and not getting any touches? The coach needs to figure that part of the game out first before he can get on JV about his attitude.
      Well, the reality is that's how this team plays, and even if you don't like it, you have to find a way to maximize your effectiveness in that system.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
        I dont disagree, that's hard on a guys morale. I was hoping to see JV step up though, rise to the occasion and play at a next gear.

Last night was a stinker for sure. What kills me is when Devlin made a comment about how hard he was struggling when he was 3-8, and doesn't say anything when a guard Is shooting 20% but he normally makes those
        Lol come on, you should have learned awhile ago to ignore all of Devlin's analysis
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post

i found jack's comment about the "number of minutes invested into his development" and how he needed to be better to be worse.

Sure, he needed to be better, but speaking from experience, a big isn't going to develop simply by running back and forth after guards throw up iso jumpshits for 25 minutes a game. To me the fact that JV has actually shown improvement this season is kind of incredible and in spite of the system / coaching.

Comment

• The thing about the moping from JV is it is pretty clear where he picked it up from - the leaders if the team. Lowry and DeRozan are two of the worst whiners in the league, though JV is quickly catching them (such a quick learner!).

I agree he needs an attitude adjustment. But even with his struggles he played a huge role in the solid third Q play from the Raps, so my thoughts were that I really look forward to a 25 year old JV when he has some more maturity (and vet sneakiness so he doesn't get called for so many fouls in the first place).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              i found jack's comment about the "number of minutes invested into his development" and how he needed to be better to be worse.

Sure, he needed to be better, but speaking from experience, a big isn't going to develop simply by running back and forth after guards throw up iso jumpshits for 25 minutes a game. To me the fact that JV has actually shown improvement this season is kind of incredible and in spite of the system / coaching.
              I don't know if that was intentional, but I applaud you nonetheless.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I don't know if that was intentional, but I applaud you nonetheless.
                the first time I made that typo it was unintentional, every time since it has been deliberate haha.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

I was so annoyed by Jack and Matt last night that I switched to the ESPN feed.

And immediately heard the announcers talking about how the Raptors don't pass ball.
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    I was so annoyed by Jack and Matt last night that I switched to the ESPN feed.

And immediately heard the announcers talking about how the Raptors don't pass ball.
                    If you had the option why would you even listen to them in the first place? lol
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• I can't remember if I've posted this before or not but here goes:

JV needed to get STRONGER, not heavier. I don't think that distinction was made to him by the developmental/coaching staff. JV seemed much lighter on his feet and less likely to get winded his rookie year, but he did get pushed around. There is a way to train so he could hold his own with strength but not lose (or possibly could even gain) some explosiveness and foot speed. That needs to happen.

...Along with a nice 15 foot jumper

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                        I can't remember if I've posted this before or not but here goes:

JV needed to get STRONGER, not heavier. I don't think that distinction was made to him by the developmental/coaching staff. JV seemed much lighter on his feet and less likely to get winded his rookie year, but he did get pushed around. There is a way to train so he could hold his own with strength but not lose (or possibly could even gain) some explosiveness and foot speed. That needs to happen.

I wouldn't mind him losing some upper body weight, and focussing on mobility, agility, and stamina, as well as strengthening his core.

It would probably be much better for him and the team.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. I have Ballstreams and never, ever listen to the Raps commenters in the playoffs. A lot of times I'll listen to the opposing side in the regular season too, so long as they aren't too terrible (if I'm going to listen to terrible announcers, might as well listen to ours - unless it's Leo).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Habit I guess haha.

There's something cool about listening to the local guys call playoffs games, because they have so much invested in these teams. It adds a little something extra to the games.

But Devlin is quickly becoming unbearable to me. More and more, I'm switching feeds to get away.
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Actually.... I like Jack

[drops mic, runs off stage]

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                                I can't remember if I've posted this before or not but here goes:

I always thought Gortat had the body he should strive for actually, pure lean muscle.

Comment

Working...
                                X