• Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Series Stat:

Gortat : 48 pts and 29 rebounds
    Nene: 24 pts and 24 rebounds

Big Val:29 puts and 28 rebounds.
    Injured Amir: 42 pts and 25 rebounds

Again, lets face it, Gortat and Nene has not been a dominating big men this season and we still can not match up with them.

As I said in another thread, if 3 weeks ago, we had a poll on how Big Val will do against these guys 95% of you would have voted that he will dominate them and now you are looking for excuse trying to hide his short comings and weak play in the play offs.
    Kinda stupid to do this without taking into account minutes and shots taken. We all know why raptors struggled this series and even an idiot can see it. They can't contain dribble penetration which means our bigs collapse and no one rotates over to their man. EVERY BIG HAS STRUGGLED DEFENSIVELY THIS SERIES.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Yes, Ryan Wolstat, Holly M., Chris Black, Bruce Arthur and almost 90% of Toronto sport media are trolling
      Yes, you are right.
      I wasn't saying anything about those journalist, and the arguments you're making aren't represented by those stand alone tweets. But another nice deflection

And once again: this series has been defined by awful guard/wing defence, not big defence.
      Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Apr 25, 2015, 01:47 PM.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

And once again: this series has been defined by awful guard/wing defence, not big defence.
        more like this season...

Comment

• the guards set jv up for failure on defence. He's a total scape goat on this team it seems.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            the guards set jv up for failure on defence. He's a total scape goat on this team it seems.
            Clearly the guards don't help, but JV really isn't a good defender especially in terms of help (Which is really important as a centre)

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
              Clearly the guards don't help, but JV really isn't a good defender especially in terms of help (Which is really important as a centre)
              Bingo.

Watch Gortat play D and then watch JV. Night and day. Gortat's help D in this series has been SUPERB. He's very quick.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Bingo.

Watch Gortat play D and then watch JV. Night and day. Gortat's help D in this series has been SUPERB. He's very quick.
                it is easy to play good help defence against guards who never ever ever pass, just so you know.

but gortat does seem to be the right combination of speed and strength that we should hope JV can achieve someday.

Comment

• Mc"Realist" and his prodigy TRex united... makes me regret I registered here. What the fuck I am reading... They are feasting on his poor performance and making it sound like it's the view of majority...
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Series Stat:

Gortat : 48 pts and 29 rebounds
                    Nene: 24 pts and 24 rebounds

Big Val:29 puts and 28 rebounds.
                    Injured Amir: 42 pts and 25 rebounds

Again, lets face it, Gortat and Nene has not been a dominating big men this season and we still can not match up with them.

As I said in another thread, if 3 weeks ago, we had a poll on how Big Val will do against these guys 95% of you would have voted that he will dominate them and now you are looking for excuse trying to hide his short comings and weak play in the play offs.
                    Wiz probably have one of the better starting front courts. Those stats are surprising actually. If those are accurate, the rebounding is equal and their bigs have scored 1 extra point. So our 4/5 guys are matching their 4/5 guys and we are down 3-0. What's the conclusion? JV is the biggest problem?

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                      And why doesn't anyone ever rotate to cover his man when he has to step out of the paint to help with the blow by? There's blame to go all around when it comes to the defence.
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Well well well guess who's #2 on the team in +/- during playoffs?
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Bingo.

Hahaha. Yeah, let's compare veterans to 3rd year players. Everyone knows centres are the fastest position to develop.

Come on. Gortat wasn't even in the league at Jonas' age. He entered the league with more experience than JV has right now, and if you go back and watch his defence then, I doubt you are quite so impressed.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Well well well guess who's #2 on the team in +/- during playoffs?
                            Yep, #2 in net rating, #3 in on-court DRTG, #1 in on-court ORTG.

Absolutely killed us.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              [/B]

While I agree that he should stop moping and complaining, how would you feel watching your guards chuck up shot after shot, bricking them all and you are runnnig baseline to baseline and not getting any touches? The coach needs to figure that part of the game out first before he can get on JV about his attitude.
                              Been saying this all year. Perfect way to ruin a guys willingness to play for his teammates.

Comment

• Hilarious. This team got 99 problems but JV ain't one. He's one of only a couple players I'd really like to keep moving forward.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X