Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    bigs take time, yada yada yada but who knows how much his size gain contributed to his lack of injuries and strength gain. now he can work on his skills and speed with a larger frame. AD is great but hes still skinny and injury prone.
    there's a happy medium. also, though i don't have the numbers for this, it seems to me that big guys get injured and break down under their own weight, guys who have slimmed down to avoid injury have had success.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Good video.

JV is basically saying, "Everything Casey told me to do for my first 3 years is now being undone."

A faster JV with a jumpshot while still staying true to his inside game will be veeeeeeeeeeeery intersting.
      A faster JV with a jumpshot is an all-star.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        A faster JV with a jumpshot is an all-star.
        Will also ensure we don't have a "is JV worth the max?" thread.

Comment

bigs take time, yada yada yada but who knows how much his size gain contributed to his lack of injuries and strength gain. now he can work on his skills and speed with a larger frame. AD is great but hes still skinny and injury prone.
          Interesting point. Do we know anything about his injuries pre-Raptors? I mean he played professionally for quite some time before signing with us..

Comment

• Well, you have to remember that he was very skinny in his first season. He couldn't guard centers at all, he didn't have enough strength. But then he got fat and his quickness went out the window. I don't think he's going to be quick and athletic enough to play as a power forward but I like this new direction.
            I believe it's hard to gain weight and to balance it. To balance it in a way that he could have enough strength to defend centers and score at the low post against them while at the same time have good quickness and mobility. I think it takes time, although these changes should've happened a year ago.
            And the mid range jump shot - that's just great, it's there. I believe it, he just has to work on it and unleash it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              there's a happy medium. also, though i don't have the numbers for this, it seems to me that big guys get injured and break down under their own weight, guys who have slimmed down to avoid injury have had success.
              its harder to bulk up then slim down. the lack of injuries when JV was moving more weight means no foot problems and with a clean diet like what Lowry did he'll be healthier long term imho. Marc Gasol was a fat ass and just recently slimmed down. imho slimming down is more important as players get older and the problem early isnt foot speed but stupidity now that he know where to go he can get there faster.

Comment

• He's just adding to his game, and working on his quicks because he was getting slaughtered in Casey's defense. It's what players do.

I expect him to come in chiseled like Javtokas
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Jul 8, 2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

yeah good point. One thing we take for granted is health.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    He's just adding to his game, and working on his quicks because he was getting slaughtered in Casey's defense. It's what players do.
                    hes adding a midrange face up game if hes trying the 4 as well as running on breaks. it could be his agent talking as well

Comment

hes adding a midrange face up game if hes trying the 4 as well as running on breaks. it could be his agent talking as well
                      He's always had that in his game, it just wasn't to the level it needed to be, and got bogged down with the pump fakes. I'd love to see him expand his O to the point where he and Biyombo can be effective together.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        He's always had that in his game, it just wasn't to the level it needed to be, and got bogged down with the pump fakes. I'd love to see him expand his O to the point where he and Biyombo can be effective together.
                        he made it to his extension without any major injuries playing good minutes in the NBA and with the league getting smaller he can easily slim down to be a bigger part of the team. it will probably add to his endurance if he lost some weight.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Now this is the new vogue in the NBA ...a mobile outside shooting big that can play with 4-5 skills (Duncan has been doing this for years)....so back to the drawing board...poor guy.
                          We seem to be forever playing follow the leader.

Would be hilarious if San Antonio won by going big this season and Casey changed his mind again... "Jonas, I need you to add back that 15 pounds I told you to lose last year"

Comment

• Sounds like their trying to move him to the 4 to me. Hope so Biyombo would make a way better defensive anchor
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Sounds like their trying to move him to the 4 to me. Hope so Biyombo would make a way better defensive anchor
                              well Raptor do have all those plays they ran for Amir that will go to waste without a 4

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Sounds like their trying to move him to the 4 to me. Hope so Biyombo would make a way better defensive anchor
                                He specifcally said they had absolutely no conversations about him playing PF. He just thinks he can play there too if he gets fast enough.

Biyombo is not a starting C. He's barely a backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X