No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suspect it is more wanting him to be a quick C than a 4.

But this is a very good sign. Hopefully he can keep the muscle he put on while slimming down the extra mass - strong enough to post up and quick enough to PnR and defend it, while possessing a jumper? Hoo boy.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Sounds like their trying to move him to the 4 to me. Hope so Biyombo would make a way better defensive anchor
      Yes, it looks like it. I find it very unlikely to happen, though. First, he's the best rebounder in the team. Chasing stretch 4s won't help to solve rebounding problems. Second, no way he'll be able to keep up with speed and athleticism that a lot of starting 4s have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Good video.

JV is basically saying, "Everything Casey told me to do for my first 3 years is now being undone."

A faster JV with a jumpshot while still staying true to his inside game will be veeeeeeeeeeeery intersting.
        I love when poor English-speaking foreign players start sounding a little bit hip-hop.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• He doesn't want to be a 4. He just doesn't want to be on a bench when they go small ball.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I still never understood why they never let him take midrange shots. The guy is an 80% free throw shooter.
            Mack, when we're in a game we want to keep things simple. We want to simplify things and play our game. Now, I know the advanced stats are saying that JV's shooting 80% or whatever from the line, but there are some things that we see that you guys don't see, let me just put it like that. And we want our guys to focus on what they do best to help us win ball games. Now this past season, the past three seasons, we've been telling Jonas to do what he does best, simple as that. Go down on the block. Get deep post position. Get looked off. Give us defence. Give us toughness. Sit on the bench in the 4th. Rebound. Protect the basket by using verticality. These are the things he's been best at for us so far.
            We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
              Mack, when we're in a game we want to keep things simple. We want to simplify things and play our game. Now, I know the advanced stats are saying that JV's shooting 80% or whatever from the line, but there are some things that we see that you guys don't see, let me just put it like that. And we want our guys to focus on what they do best to help us win ball games. Now this past season, the past three seasons, we've been telling Jonas to do what he does best, simple as that. Go down on the block. Get deep post position. Get looked off. Give us defence. Give us toughness. Sit on the bench in the 4th. Rebound. Protect the basket by using verticality. These are the things he's been best at for us so far.
              gotta admit, his 4th quarter bench sitting is spectacular

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                gotta admit, his 4th quarter bench sitting is spectacular
                Because we've been working on it. He's put the time in, and we're seeing that pay off.
                We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  He doesn't want to be a 4. He just doesn't want to be on a bench when they go small ball.
                  That was my first thought.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    He doesn't want to be a 4. He just doesn't want to be on a bench when they go small ball.
                    This is bang on the money. Jonas has to prove that he can be a guy you can keep on the court 36 minutes, whether the game goes small or not.

Comment

• I still don't understand why Jonas was made to beef up after being drafted. This obsession that some NBA teams/fans have with forcing 19 and 20 year old boys to put on weight and muscle is ridiculous. These guys, for the most part, will naturally fill out as they age. Instead of being patient with Jonas, we fucked his physical development up. One of his main advantages was the fact that he was a 7-footer that wasn't a lumbering oaf (like most 7-foot human beings).

Comment

• OMG.

This has to stop.

Its professional sports, its the nba. Jonas was not made to get fat. He is a center, he needs to be strong, and he needs to be big. Thats his job. He was scrawny when he came in. It absolutely is wrong, and basically stupid for people argue this. Look at almost every single NBA player, ever in the last 20 years that has gone on to be anything but a piner.... look at their body when they came in, and then what it was in their prime.

Every single player.

JV was asked to get in fucking shape. Thats it.

ARRRRGH!

Comment

• ^Angry much? :P.

I'm excited to see Jonas' work pay off in a real game. The pump fakes and hesitation when he could have taken the shot annoyed the hell out of me. Hopefully we'll see less of it and more confidence this year.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            OMG.

This has to stop.

Its professional sports, its the nba. Jonas was not made to get fat. He is a center, he needs to be strong, and he needs to be big. Thats his job. He was scrawny when he came in. It absolutely is wrong, and basically stupid for people argue this. Look at almost every single NBA player, ever in the last 20 years that has gone on to be anything but a piner.... look at their body when they came in, and then what it was in their prime.

Every single player.

ARRRRGH!
                            Bravo. Thank you.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Good video.

JV is basically saying, "Everything Casey told me to do for my first 3 years is now being undone."

A faster JV with a jumpshot while still staying true to his inside game will be veeeeeeeeeeeery intersting.
                              He shot a lot more of them as a rookie and I remember him nailing a high percentage of them.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                OMG.

This has to stop.

Every single player.

ARRRRGH!
                                man, what the fuck is your problem?

everyone here knows that he needs to be both strong and get quicker.

the question at issue is why this team in particular hasn't figured out how to set up a training system that allows guys to gain strength without losing speed. looking around the league it is clearly possible.

Do we have a personnel issue? are our staff incompetent? are expectations not being communicated clearly? etc etc.
                                this has now been an issue for multiple players on this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X