Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whizzy wrote: View Post
    The Interview where he's talking about improving his mobility and speed was great, but I'm still sceptical because of his movement on offense. He needs to stop his offensive fouls and stupid fouls on defense as well. Also he needs to show more on offense than just 2 or 3 moves and a ok mid range jumper.

Will I keep him - clearly yes, but two thinks need to be fixed for that: his fouls and his production on the glass. Also the price must be right, otherwise I would let him play this year and then show what he can do right now.

What he needs to add to his game are passes out of the post and out of double teams. Maybe he can work with arvydas on this.

Whizzy
    His production on the glass?

Being top 10 in TRB% in the league or averaging 12rebs per 36 isn't good enough?

The 2 things JV needs to fix is his defense and controlling his emotions. He's a strong rebounder so I have zero idea where you got this idea that he needs to work on it.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Production on the glass I don't mean his rebounding numbers, what I mean is his box-out style, his presence. We allowed way to many off rebounds especially in the playoffs against Washington.

I think he can do better not his rebounding numbers, but on helpding getting the rebounds in the first place

Hope you now see what I was meaning.

Whizzy

Comment

Production on the glass I don't mean his rebounding numbers, what I mean is his box-out style, his presence. We allowed way to many off rebounds especially in the playoffs against Washington.

I think he can do better not his rebounding numbers, but on helpding getting the rebounds in the first place

Whizzy
        Tough to get a rebound when you're contesting corner 3s

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          That is absolutely wrong.
          why?

cause you said so?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            why?

cause you said so?
            No, because he's fucking right. Jonas is probably not worth his ACTUAL max.

Tone it down with the hostility good grace.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              No, because he's fucking right. Jonas is probably not worth his ACTUAL max.

Tone it down with the hostility good grace.
              lol, wow tough guy, SJ can hold his own.

Comment

Production on the glass I don't mean his rebounding numbers, what I mean is his box-out style, his presence. We allowed way to many off rebounds especially in the playoffs against Washington.

Whizzy
                we allowed way too many offensive rebounds because amir johnson, patrick patterson, and everyone else was fucking trash at boxing out.

the image that was repeatedly burned into my brain was that of an opposing guard sneaking in from the perimeter for a rebound. but yeah, clearly JV's fault....

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Tough to get a rebound when you're contesting corner 3s
                  JV contesting corner 3s? lol. Damn you small ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Footwork and ridiculous offensive versatility here we come bitches.

Comment

• Sikma was a pretty good post player back in the day. Made the all-star game 7 times.. good coach for JV.

Comment

• Valanciunas doesn’t believe his weight has changed from the 255 pounds he came in at last season, but his face is notably leaner and he seems thicker through the shoulders than he had been.

Valanciunas credits a change in diet.

“I’m eating healthy now,” he says with a frown. “It doesn’t always taste good but I have to do this.”
                          Lean is good!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Lean is good!
                            Diet is so important.

Last fall I stopped eating as much processed and sugar as possible....not perfect or clean but scattered indulgence is good. No bread.

I was working out but was 262lbs (keep in mind I'm around 6'7"/6'8"). The change in diet led me to 231 right now.

And I eat a lot. Carbs are evil unless pure like oatmeal or from fruits and veggies. I eat a lot of red meat and meat in general. Everyone said I should not but guess what? Blood work came back even better than from check up a year ago.

Glad to hear JV is eating better. It will do wonders.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Sikma was a pretty good post player back in the day. Made the all-star game 7 times.. good coach for JV.
                              He was who rockets had working with Capela last season. Capela got a lot better last year. Big part was playing actual game mins but in sure Sikma helped too

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                He was who rockets had working with Capela last season. Capela got a lot better last year. Big part was playing actual game mins but in sure Sikma helped too
                                The funny thing about this is Sikma is who Casey compared JV to a bit after his first season....because of his ability to pick n pop and make a move off the pump fake. In other words having better face up tools than back down tools.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X