Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    So its starting to look like Masai will have to pick between DD and JV.

Why do you guys think he'll pick JV? Instead of the guy who spent last night hanging out with Durant.
    The key will be having DD and Jonas at their reasonable cap-holds, and clearing space elsewhere, so we have room to sign Durant and then sign everyone - playing well above the cap. KD will only come aboard if we show we are willing to spend where OKC has not.

Have it all. Pay the tax. Win chips.

Comment

So its starting to look like Masai will have to pick between DD and JV.

Why do you guys think he'll pick JV? Instead of the guy who spent last night hanging out with Durant.
      Because JV is more talented?

It's pretty simple, Jonas is and will be more valuable than DeMar in this league, and I'm speaking as someone who doesn't feel the need to boot out DeMar.

If we can fit the both of them in and go for Horford/Durant, you do that. But that means one or both of them have to take less than the max. If both demand the max, then you choose Jonas and then go for Horford/Durant.

EDIT: If MLSE is willing, you can also sign both at the max (DeMar is not worth the max though) and have Masai yell "FUCK THE TAX" from the top of the CN Tower as Horford/Durant sign.
      Last edited by Mindlessness; Tue Aug 4, 2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post

It's pretty simple, Jonas is and will be more valuable than DeMar in this league, and I'm speaking as someone who doesn't feel the need to boot out DeMar.

If we can fit the both of them in and go for Horford/Durant, you do that. But that means one or both of them have to take less than the max. If both demand the max, then you choose Jonas and then go for Horford/Durant.

EDIT: If MLSE is willing, you can also sign both at the max (DeMar is not worth the max though) and have Masai yell "FUCK THE TAX" from the top of the CN Tower as Horford/Durant sign.
        JV is not more talented than DD...
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Cojo-wright
          DD-powell
          KD-bruno
          horford-bebe
          JV-bismack

Trade lowry, pat for picks and cap space
          sign horford, kd, dd, jv to max

wish the young backups are ready

dont trade 2pat if we dont have enough for horford. just start him and draft a backup big

keep in mind we also have the knicks pick next year
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

Cojo-wright
            DD-powell
            KD-bruno
            horford-bebe
            JV-bismack

Trade lowry, pat for picks and cap space
            sign horford, kd, dd, jv to max

wish the young backups are ready

dont trade 2pat if we dont have enough for horford. just start him and draft a backup big

keep in mind we also have the knicks pick next year
            That is a capspace impossiblility.

Trade Lowry, Demar, Ppat, Picks and ever cent of capspace then you maybe get that

Comment

Comment

• JV wants MAX money !!! Interesting !!!

Question that one has to ask himself is in a championship team, can JV be your first option ? The answer is NO.

He is a talented, young player with ton of potential but he is not a beast of offence, not a difference making force in defence, rebounding or blocks.

He is good on most categories but in none of them he is excellent, at least not yet !!

Comment

• If DeRozan/JV are getting in the way of signing KD and he legitimately wants to come here... obviously you let DD walk lol. That's not even a question.

But you don't trade him in ANTICIPATION of that, that would be stupid because there's so little chance of us actually getting KD.

Comment

JV is the better (more valuable) asset. How about that?

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post

LOL

JV more talented than DD? I think you meant taller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        LOL

JV more talented than DD? I think you meant taller

I'm a big DD fan, but I think it is quite obvious that JV has more talent than DD. Not really a knock on DD at all tbh, I think Jonas can be a top 5 center. DD is actually top 5 at SG also imo, but that's an easier position to be top 5 at as it's probably the weakest position in the league.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                          JV is the better (more valuable) asset. How about that?
                          That may or may not be true. Even if it was true, I think Masai lets someone else pay him 20+ million.

Why pay 20+ million for someone who sits most 4th quarters?

We've all seen that small ball takes JV out the game and he's not offensively dominant enough to punish teams that go small.

That being said, hopefully JV comes into the season a little quicker and trusts his shot more (he needs to take and make more 10-15 footers).... If so, he will get that max contract.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            I'm a big DD fan, but I think it is quite obvious that JV has more talent than DD. Not really a knock on DD at all tbh, I think Jonas can be a top 5 center. DD is actually top 5 at SG also imo, but that's an easier position to be top 5 at as it's probably the weakest position in the league.
                            DD is not a top 5 SG. He is below average defensively and isn't a good 3 point shooter.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                              DD is not a top 5 SG. He is below average defensively and isn't a good 3 point shooter.
                              He's not below average defensively, and there are a lot of things that he brings that most SGs are awful at.

Only SGs I take over DeRozan are Harden, Klay, Butler and Wade (for the time being). That's it.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                That may or may not be true. Even if it was true...
                                It's definitely true

Comment

Working...
                                X