Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote:
    Well if people can't judge him, or hold him accountable like a 27 year old then you guys need to stop fucking talking about him like he is. THATS my issue.

If people point out obvious things, you all get irate and loose your minds.

so lets all get on the same page.
    I guess we all have issues....some more than others.

My issue is when people post calling him a scrub, denying the positive impact he has on the game, or ignoring he is far from a finished product.

He should be held accountable and called out but that goes for every player...especially players who peaked and have since regressed.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I might not even disagree that he is being held... i just disagree as to whether or not its a good idea.

They are taking time with this guy. he needs to be stronger upstairs and he knows it. They don't want him to be average, or just above, they want him to learn to be a star.... I actually think he can do it.
      I might even be able to subscribe to this logic except that Casey loves to make jabs at JV in the media.

Perhaps Masai is letting Casey take the hard line on JV to ensure no bad habits are formed but I'm fairly confident that if that is Masai's master plan, Casey isn't fully in on it. Casey has proven that he loves a flawed player, as long as they are a trigger happy guard with no defence (and that isn't a jab at DD, but Casey's love affair with GV and Lou).
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        He should be held accountable and called out but that goes for every player...especially players who peaked and have since regressed.
        Every player needs to be held accountable, and that simple fact has eluded Casey during his tenure.

If I had to choose rank all of Casey's flaws that are detrimental to this team, I would probably put that as number 1.

Making all players accountable on both ends of the court would improve many things about this team. Sadly, that was one of the things Casey was expected to bring to the job. Casey seemed exactly the right fit for a young team (defence first, disciplinarian, champ experience) but sadly the only thing he brought to Toronto was his flashy ring and a big rock.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Love this psuedo coaching "held accountable" bs. Players are held accountable by coaches for lack of effort. Haven't seen that from either JV or DD.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Love this psuedo coaching "held accountable" bs. Players are held accountable by coaches for lack of effort. Haven't seen that from either JV or DD.
            Coaches also are supposed to hold players accountable for bad decisions.

We've seen lots of bad decisions on the court.

Comment

• Not going to deny there were times with lack of effort, but most of the problems were lack of ability on the defensive end.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Coaches also are supposed to hold players accountable for bad decisions.

We've seen lots of bad decisions on the court.
                Every player makes bad decisions. Who makes up these coaching rules?

Comment

Not going to deny there were times with lack of effort, but most of the problems were lack of ability on the defensive end.
                  Yet better defensive options were on the bench. And smarter offensive decisions would have benefitted the defence and overall bottom line.

Either way, accountability has been a double standard for JV vs guys like Lou, GV, or DD.

Comment

Every player makes bad decisions. Who makes up these coaching rules?
                    Yeah but if a player is making the same bad decisions over and over again, how is it not the coaches job to step in?

No coaching rule, just proven by success in history. If you want to try and argue that then you're on your own. Not wasting my time with something so obvious.

Comment

Yeah but if a player is making the same bad decisions over and over again, how is it not the coaches job to step in?

No coaching rule, just proven by success in history. If you want to try and argue that then you're on your own. Not wasting my time with something so obvious.
                      This is different from simply making bad decisions, and yeah it is the coaches job.

Comment

This is different from simply making bad decisions, and yeah it is the coaches job.
                        I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make. I've re-read all the posts in order, and it doesn't seem to make sense to me. Bad decisions (shot selection for example) is absolutely within the coaches role to try and prevent. So if they are happening and coach does nothing (repeatedly), then what exactly is the coach doing?

Comment

• The issue isn't JV.

The issue is Caseys ability, or lack thereof, to maximize the talent he has been given.

That and selective accountability are my two biggest gripes. A close third would be his in game decisions.

The great thing is with the talent masai is amassing the next coah will hopefully have a Steve Kerr like impact.

Comment

The issue isn't JV.

The issue is Caseys ability, or lack thereof, to maximize the talent he has been given.

That and selective accountability are my two biggest gripes. A close third would be his in game decisions.

The great thing is with the talent masai is amassing the next coah will hopefully have a Steve Kerr like impact.
                            so uh, what's actually left after that?

#FireCasey

Comment

I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make. I've re-read all the posts in order, and it doesn't seem to make sense to me. Bad decisions (shot selection for example) is absolutely within the coaches role to try and prevent. So if they are happening and coach does nothing (repeatedly), then what exactly is the coach doing?
                              Except we don't know what the coach is doing, for the most part. We see benchings, we don't hear what is being said to players.

Comment

The issue isn't JV.

I would argue he did a pretty good job of maximizing talent. The teams record was far better than the talent on the roster. Casey's biggest problems are poor in game decision making and a lack of offensive creativity.

And yeah, Masai is weeding out the issues, and yeah, I hope he can find the next Steve Kerr/Brad Stevens.

Comment

Working...
                                X