Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see JJ used as first option off the bench, sometimes coming in for DD, sometimes Carroll, sometimes Patterson. I wouldn't be surprised is he beat out Ross for that role, who will really be made to work for his minutes in a RFA situation.
    he wont beat out ross.

Ross brings shooting and defense, JJ brings defense.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      he wont beat out ross.

Ross brings shooting and defense, JJ brings defense.
      In a way, Ross is up against Cory in that 6th man backcourt role, and JJ could be first off the bench for the frontcourt, unless Scola has something to say about that.

Comment

• JustPassingBy at realGM wrote:
        Here goes, first small interview with JV. Source: http://www.krepsinis.net/naujiena/j-...aujoves/252974

Sadly no pictures

Translation is mine, so bear with me I tried to translate not word-for-word to make it more fluent.

JV: It's great, guys are working hard. Everyone has great attitude, so it's a great feeling.

Journalist: : Do you feel like you are lagging behind the rest of the guys?

JV: I have to learn the plays. We will be polishing them during the evening practice. During the morning practice we were working on the technical aspects, so I didn't feel behind there.

Journalist: Will you play in the next friendly game?

JV: It depends on the coach. When I learn the plays, when I understand our defense, that's when we'll see.

Journalist: You spent a lot of summer training individually. What aspects of your game did you work on?

JV: I had some really good coaches. I wanted to introduce something new to my game. I wasn't only working on my post-up game, but also tried to improve my play further from the basket.

Journalist: Will we see these new aspects of your game in the European Championship?

JV: Basketball is the same everywhere - you have to put the basket through the hoop. So you will probably see it.

Journalist: What is your clubs opinion on you playing for LTU NT?

JV: They simply requested me to stay in Toronto for a bit and not join the NT right away, but now I'm finally here.

Journalist: How do you evaluate the changes to the Raptors roster this summer?

JV: I think we really got better. Demarre Carroll will definitely help a lot with his defensive play and his play from the perimeter.

Journalist: Everyone sees big changes in your body. Can you elaborate on them?

JV: Nothing major. It wasn't some sort of weight loss, simply taking care of my body.
        Jonas telling the weight-loss fanatics what's what.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Jonas telling the weight-loss fanatics what's what.
          It really is amazing what a teeak in diet can do....especially if you're putting time in strength and conditioning.

Looking forward to this season.

Comment

• has his body noticeably changed or something? I feel he looks the same
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              has his body noticeably changed or something? I feel he looks the same
              pics or get lost.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                Best thing that could happen to this team is the development of JV, Lowry looking great and the addition of Carrol.

That has the makings of a VERY EFFICIENT 3 man band, so to speak.

P&R Lowry and JV all damn day with Carrol on the wings waiting for a kickout.
                Lowry's not that great at running pnr though.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Raptors won 8 more regular season games than Milwaukee. Bulls with Thibs won 1 more game than the Raptors. Only 5 teams in the East won 45. 10 did not.
                  Raptors played in the historically (or should that be hysterically) bad Atlantic division. Any argument that uses Raptor win-loss record has to be adjusted for the un-balanced schedule that puts them at a distinct advantage.

Comment

• Here hoping the new diet helps with mobility
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Raptors played in the historically (or should that be hysterically) bad Atlantic division. Any argument that uses Raptor win-loss record has to be adjusted for the un-balanced schedule that puts them at a distinct advantage.
                      Actually our schedule wasn't overly easier than other teams' schedules. I actually went through it thoroughly before the season started.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ons&highlight=

And I know that the standings ended up being different than what I predicted but that was the consensus before the season started.

Comment

• JV dunks

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Some razzle-dazzle with some of those tomahawk one-handers.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            JV dunks

Jv is actually huge. I hope he didn't lose too much size. That was one of his strengths last year
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Apparently JV is playing somewhere:

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Apparently JV is playing somewhere:

Getting ready for FIBA Europe with the Lithuanian National Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X