Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
    Jesus Christ... who cares? It's just some random friendly game. Jonas played his first bball game after the playoffs with a bunch of role players that are trying to crack the final team Lithuania roster against a team that hasn't been in Eurobasket for the last 30 or 40 years. You're all overanalysing the hell out of that pic.
    It's still way better than anything going on in the DD thread. Analyze away boys.

Comment

• He should have forced the guard to shoot but the perimeter guy is completely at fault, why take the screen to the middle when the other half of the court is wide open

Comment

• Jakob Poeltl scored 27 points on 11/15 shooting on JV in 28 minutes
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Jakob Poeltl scored 27 points on 11/15 shooting on JV in 28 minutes
          Well JV played 19minutes, and guarded other players most of the time, but whatever...

Comment

• Vykis wrote: View Post
            Well JV played 19minutes, and guarded other players most of the time, but whatever...
            Why wouldn't he guard the other teams best C.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Why wouldn't he guard the other teams best C.
              Because Poeltl played PF, and there was another a lot bulkier guy playing center. Which Sabonis and other undersized Pfs wouldnt have been able to guard

Comment

• Vykis wrote: View Post
                Because Poeltl played PF, and there was another a lot bulkier guy playing center. Which Sabonis and other undersized Pfs wouldnt have been able to guard
                Thanks for clearing that up. All I had was this to base it off. A this tweet from draftexpress

27 points (11/15 FG) in 28 minutes for Jakob Poeltl in a friendly vs a Lithuanian national team including Jonas Valanciunas. (h/t @Urbodo)
                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Aug 12, 2015, 04:27 PM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. All I had was this to base it off. A this tweet from draftexpress

27 points (11/15 FG) in 28 minutes for Jakob Poeltl in a friendly vs a Lithuanian national team including Jonas Valanciunas. (h/t @Urbodo)
                  So of course the logical and only explanation from that tweet is, "JVs fault!!!"

That is a pretty damn fine lesson in how not to be objective.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote:
                    I'm just use to it. He gets pretty emotional when it comes to JV.
                    For the record I completely disagree with you on your analysis of JV as well but his comment/meme was completely out of line.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote:
                      Just figured JV would guard the other teams best post player. I guess he just wasn't up for the task.
                      Wow, and you're the guy that defends Derozan tooth and nail. JV played 19 minutes, it was a friendly, and he guarded the opposing teams center. There's nothing to criticize JV on here.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        Bandit is Dwane?
                        Shhhhhhh...

Comment

• What was I thinking critiquing JV. Wont happen again.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

What was I thinking critiquing JV. Wont happen again.
                            You were making a completely ridiculous statement. You were criticizing him without full info for a player he wasn't guarding having a good game. Then making the excuse that he "wasn't up to the task to guard the other team's best post player".

This is why people call you names, because making statements like the ones you made on this issue, you either have to be intentionally trolling, or you know so little about basketball that it's embarrassing....frankly for all of us.

Comment

What was I thinking critiquing JV. Wont happen again.
                              I don't think the issue is critiquing JV.

The issue in this particular case was you doing it based on nothing of substance. Then when you were corrected, you attempted to move the metaphorical goal posts in order to justify your original critic which (once more) wasn't based on anything of substance other than a player scored 27 points (11/15 FG) in 28 minutes against a team that featured JV.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with critiquing any player. All you have to be able to do is be able to back your point if questioned and then be able to support it in some way. If you're wrong, own up to it, just don't move the goal posts.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                You were making a completely ridiculous statement. You were criticizing him without full info for a player he wasn't guarding having a good game. Then making the excuse that he "wasn't up to the task to guard the other team's best post player".

This is why people call you names, because making statements like the ones you made on this issue, you either have to be intentionally trolling, or you know so little about basketball that it's embarrassing....frankly for all of us.
                                Stop already I said it wont happen again lol
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X