No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting JV locked up now would be great especially if it's for anything less than the max.

Comment

• So I've checked five websites that reported about Jonas flying to Toronto to sign a new deal and only one of them speculated about 16 mil per. And they surely don't have credible information. My personal guess is that he's not getting the max, but will probably settle with a deal that Kanter signed (4/70).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
        So I've checked five websites that reported about Jonas flying to Toronto to sign a new deal and only one of them speculated about 16 mil per. And they surely don't have credible information. My personal guess is that he's not getting the max, but will probably settle with a deal that Kanter signed (4/70).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Yeah, Kanter + a couple mill is probably what we'll see.

Comment

• if you lock JV up for approximately Kanter money now, that would be a good deal. There will be a loss of about $6M in cap space (compared to his cap hold) next summer, but maybe you can make some other moves if you think you have a shot at a max level FA.

If this is true, the big thing to me is that I would hope to not see a player option. Unlikely, I know.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            if you lock JV up for approximately Kanter money now, that would be a good deal. There will be a loss of about $6M in cap space (compared to his cap hold) next summer, but maybe you can make some other moves if you think you have a shot at a max level FA.

If this is true, the big thing to me is that I would hope to not see a player option. Unlikely, I know.

Maybe Masai convinces him on benefits of a short term deal (2 years, player option on 3rd) with even a little less salary so he can take advantage of huge cap in 2 seasons and Raptors taking advantage of cap benefits. Risk for Raptors is him being UFA.

If he goes 2 years and opts out, he will be in line for a new contract at 25 years of age and then again at 30 years of age versus going for that final contract at 32 years of age.

Unlikely but a nice fantasy.\

And totally unrealistic.

4-6 years, which 2 would do, is only allowed 25% of cap. That 3rd year gets him to 7-9/30% max.

Oh well.....
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Aug 17, 2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• This points to the Raptors targeting 2017 rather than 2016 free agents as I speculated. Good news, even beyond the obvious good news of retaining JV long term.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• 60 mil thank god
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      This points to the Raptors targeting 2017 rather than 2016 free agents as I speculated. Good news, even beyond the obvious good news of retaining JV long term.
                      2017 UFA list is amazing.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Carrol like cash for JV is nothing.....
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          60 mil thank god
                          60 mil would be amazing. I'm hoping Stein is right. JV's camp got a case to ask max

Comment

• Wow.. only 60?

I really feel bad for this guy. DD owes JV half of his next contract.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              60 mil would be amazing. I'm hoping Stein is right. JV's camp got a case to ask max
                              Lets agree to disagree on the last part.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Lets agree to disagree on the last part.
                                You like to think outside the box pal, but you're wrong on this. Big bodies still get paid big $$ in todays NBA economy. Just don't get me wrong, Jonas doesn't deserve a max. NO. FUCKING. WAY.

It's just business.
                                Last edited by rocwell; Mon Aug 17, 2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X