X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I thought it was $7m

Bah

Unless you're getting him for like $5m, I'd wait to see what he is offered and what year 4 brings.
    I could be wrong I have no solid link for his cap hold
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      I could be wrong I have no solid link for his cap hold
      No you're right

Comment

• It's not 7M @Thead @McHappy

It's 8.8M. You can check DanH's thread to confirm or head to the CBA or Larry Coon's FAQ and do the math yourself if you want.

Comment

• Assuming what we've heard is remotely true, this is another value signing from Ujiri.

Depending on how the contract is structured and what the starting value is, my next move might be to offer Derozan a comparable contract to Valunciunas with a player opt-out after the first year. (Call it a renegotiation clause, if you like.)

If you're Ujiri, and you're looking at 2016 free agency with a starting line-up of Valanciunas/Carroll/Derozan/Lowry earning about 60 million per year (or maybe even a little under depending on how the numbers come in), and the possibility of keeping some nice, relatively inexpensive bench pieces around, your team start looking like a viable alternate landing spot for a Durant or a Horford if either of them have interest in moving to a new team.

Comment

• Addressed this scenario, already, including PPat (Morris), JV, Carroll, DD, KL for the 2015 year at almost $50 Million, and in 2016 if you resign DD at $20 Million for almost $70 Million with five # 1 Draft picks and 1 #2 Draft Picks and BB totaling another $ 10Million, plus Cory Joseph adding another $7.7 Million with cap holds for TRoss and JJ at $11 Million .

That does not allow any room for new free agents unless you drop DD entirely and waive your rights to Lou Scola or JJ and TRoss which would open approx. $22 Million of Cap Space if the salary cap is $90 Million , if the Salary Cap reaches $93, than you can keep either Scola or JJ.

Just does not make sense to dump DD, UNLESS YOU CAN GET AN UPGRADE.
            Last edited by Heatdreamer; Tue Aug 18, 2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• If JV makes the next step this year. This team is going to be tough to beat in the east.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                NBA writer Matt Moore says:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...lion-extension

But everyone here blames Casey. Though jack Armstrong (I believe) begs to differ. Anyone agree that the Raptors have been patient ... rather than that Casey has been incompetent (in this respect)?
                dont bother bud, most these guys have been listening to their own crap so ling the actually refer to it as fact.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  dont bother bud, most these guys have been listening to their own crap so ling the actually refer to it as fact.
                  So can I call you ... when I (inevitably) need some counselling?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    I am a big fan of this deal. Even if it creeps up to 70m... I thought Kanter had set the market for him but this will give us a lot of flexibility going forward

Heard there may be an extension for Ross as well...I'd rather ride out the year with him, or get a deal that's really under valued
                    Yes. It may be "buy low, sell high" now. Right now. If not, then it's a tough call. Or maybe not.

Comment

• You got no mortgages when living in a treehouse.

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                      Oh I don't know. Looks to me like the guy in your avatar is going to storm that tree-fort and kidnap Demar single-handedly.

Comment

• Did anyone else hear that JV had a hip flexor issue and is having it checked out here?

Heard it on sports radio banter this morning.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Did anyone else hear that JV had a hip flexor issue and is having it checked out here?

Heard it on sports radio banter this morning.
                          Yeah, that was from the injury he had a week ago or whatever, where he seemed to slip. At least as far as I know.

Anyway these checkups are routine with any new contract signing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, that was from the injury he had a week ago or whatever, where he seemed to slip. At least as far as I know.

Anyway these checkups are routine with any new contract signing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Hope it's not an issue with the signing....thought it would have been done by now...unless the Raps are trying to dissuade him from participating in the Euro tourney

Comment

• Jv is close to the age where a lot of players make a significant leap in their game. It comes from being a certain age and having spent enough time in the nBA to realize that it is a business like any other. It calls for a methodical approach and a large effort to just stay in the game. The realization dawns that to move up, in terms of capability, respect and also income requires an intelligent, thought out and strategic effort. I think this is the summer for JV. The right age, the right exposure to the NBA, opportunities to see what has happened to other guys (thanks for this Ross) and finally an opportunity to secure his financial future. You could see it a little bit in the last quarter of the season. He was really starting to figure the game out. 2015/2016 is finally his breakout season.

As Matt would say, IMHO.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X