No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The longer it takes for this to get done the more nervous I am that it's going to be a lot more than $60-$70 million...
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I bet Masai and JV are partying in Wasaga Beach right now. MASAI GOT NO LEAKS y'all

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Jv is close to the age where a lot of players make a significant leap in their game. It comes from being a certain age and having spent enough time in the nBA to realize that it is a business like any other. It calls for a methodical approach and a large effort to just stay in the game. The realization dawns that to move up, in terms of capability, respect and also income requires an intelligent, thought out and strategic effort. I think this is the summer for JV. The right age, the right exposure to the NBA, opportunities to see what has happened to other guys (thanks for this Ross) and finally an opportunity to secure his financial future. You could see it a little bit in the last quarter of the season. He was really starting to figure the game out. 2015/2016 is finally his breakout season.

As Matt would say, IMHO.
        A lot of JV's success on offence will come with coaches doing a better job of integrating his game into the system as well as Lowry and DD's willingness to rely on JV. He can control his own fate/progress on the defensive end, but how his game develops or is showcased on offence will rely heavily on willingness of the current alpha males to bring him into their circle.

Comment

• show me you can do something with the ball and I will pass it to you.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            show me you can do something with the ball and I will pass it to you.
            How about score it a hell of a lot more efficiently than the guy holding the ball.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

What more does the guy have to do than score 1.02 PPP good for the 88th percentile on 303 post ups?

I guess he could work on his passing but the team could also work on their moving without the ball.

Comment

Umm you might want to pass it then because Val is very good in the post lol.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  What more does the guy have to do than score 1.02 PPP good for the 88th percentile on 303 post ups?

I guess he could work on his passing but the team could also work on their moving without the ball.
                  His passing isn't the problem, its usually on point when he knows when and where it needs to go. But for whatever reason the team never seems to run anything set... Weird.

Although I guess we could ask him to improve his shot creating for others

Comment

• Iso-ball is tough for post players anyway. I mean when we did give Val the ball in the post last year, I think his "bad" passing might've had to do with the fact that there was very little movement happening off ball. Somebody's got to be cutting or trying to get open for a pass to happen.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      Iso-ball is tough for post players anyway. I mean when we did give Val the ball in the post last year, I think his "bad" passing might've had to do with the fact that there was very little movement happening off ball. Somebody's got to be cutting or trying to get open for a pass to happen.
                      Not only that, but its tough to watch the whole floor from the middle. It takes a truly great court awareness that most big men don't have to be able to do it.

When we ran a nice little play with a pindown or something and JV knew it was going to happen he would usually put the ball right where it needed to be. Just don't ask him to create from nothing, he isn't anywhere close to there yet

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                        His passing isn't the problem, its usually on point when he knows when and where it needs to go. But for whatever reason the team never seems to run anything set... Weird.

Although I guess we could ask him to improve his shot creating for others
                        Standing around and watching is a team wide epidemic the last year and a half.

Comment

• Standing around and watching is a integral part of the Dwane Casey offense
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Standing around and watching is a integral part of the Dwane Casey offense
                            How else would you have the energy to scramble right on D?
                            We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
                              How else would you have the energy to scramble right on D?
                              Tell em Dwane
                              OG is our king

Comment

• When it comes to JV passing out of the post, I'm sure hed be more inclined to if he received the ball more than 4 times a game. He's a professional that has to look out for himself just as much as demar certainly does, do we really think hed get a good contract offer if his ppg was in the single digits?

You giving a starving man an opportunty to eat a juicy hamburger and wonder why he doesn't pass it up to the rich fat guy stuffing his face with filet mignon?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X