X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    KD has the skill set to play SG.

He would be a matchup nightmare.

Carroll would guard opposing team's best wing.

I can actually convince myself he will be a Raptor with very little effort
    iirc Seattle gave KD a lot of SG minutes during his rookie season because everybody thought he was too weak to play SF, and it didn't go all that well. Shifted him to SF his second year and never looked back.

Does he guard SG's often now? I don't even know - haven't really followed OKC lately. One + is SG is a lot thinner league-wide than it used to be - that's rarely the key matchup.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      Horford at pf is miles better than Millsap at pf

JV is less than Horford at center but not by miles

Carroll is Carroll

Ross is not as good as Korver, Korver is awesome

Lowry is better than Teague.

And our bench is ALOT better.

Cujo is better than Schroeder
      a top 10 pick is better than none
      Ppat/Scola/Bebe/Biyombo is better than Antic/Scott/Muscala?Brand?
      JJ=Thabo

Bazermore?
      Lowry/Ross/Carroll/Horford/JV is not a championship team. Unless JV becomes a top 10 player in the league over the next few seasons I don't see how that team wins the title.

Like can we just be honest with ourselves here? You basically need a top 10 player in the league to win the championship (top 5 if you don't have a very strong roster from top to bottom). The only exception to this might be a team like Boston in 2008 that had 3 top 20 players (and tbh factoring in both sides of the ball, KG was probably a top 10 player that year) or Detroit in 2004 which is essentially a huge aberration in a different era (and would've lost to the Lakers if Kobe wasn't so intent on getting FMVP).

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        iirc Seattle gave KD a lot of SG minutes during his rookie season because everybody thought he was too weak to play SF, and it didn't go all that well. Shifted him to SF his second year and never looked back.

Does he guard SG's often now? I don't even know - haven't really followed OKC lately. One + is SG is a lot thinner league-wide than it used to be - that's rarely the key matchup.
        That was KD's rookie year...

I don't see why KD couldn't guard SGs. I mean when it's Harden, Klay, Wade or Butler you'd put KD on Ariza, Barnes, Deng or Dunleavy instead for example, but most SGs nowadays are just spot up shooters.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          That was KD's rookie year...

I don't see why KD couldn't guard SGs. I mean when it's Harden, Klay, Wade or Butler you'd put KD on Ariza, Barnes, Deng or Dunleavy instead for example, but most SGs nowadays are just spot up shooters.
          Wade, VC, Kobe-type SG's are nearly a thing of the past and probably the ones that would give him trouble. He could handle the shooters just fine.

Comment

Wade, VC, Kobe-type SG's are nearly a thing of the past and probably the ones that would give him trouble. He could handle the shooters just fine.
            Yeah I think in that case you would put Carroll on the SG defensively.

I can't think of a team in the NBA that actually has 2 starting wings that can really make things happen off the dribble.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              Horford at pf is miles better than Millsap at pf

JV is less than Horford at center but not by miles

Carroll is Carroll

Ross is not as good as Korver, Korver is awesome

Lowry is better than Teague.

And our bench is ALOT better.

Cujo is better than Schroeder
              a top 10 pick is better than none
              Ppat/Scola/Bebe/Biyombo is better than Antic/Scott/Muscala?Brand?
              JJ=Thabo

Bazermore?
              You're certain that Lowry is better than Teague and that Cojo is better than Schroeder? Wonder what fans outside of Toronto would say about that certainty.

Your point about starting Ross at 2 has no basis in fact. You're suggesting he be our starting 2, that that would be a good idea and would provide a solid / Nay contending starting lineup. There is no basis for that.

Comment

• As a friendly reminder, this it the Valanciunas thread. Please take the KD/Horford fantasies, Lowry VS Teague and Ross debates elsewhere.

Comment

That was 8 years ago. KD and his game have evolved.

I would think being able to guard weaker wing would be a selling point to KD especially with his foot troubles. DC can guard whoever.

Comment

DC could guard those.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      As a friendly reminder, this it the Valanciunas thread. Please take the KD/Horford fantasies, Lowry VS Teague and Ross debates elsewhere.
                      Whoooops.

Comment

• MU on TSN/1050 radio, talking about the Valanciunas signing: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...etter-1.348510

He also touches on:
                        - Lowry's commitment this offseason to winning next season
                        - league trend of playing small ball
                        - his trip to Africa

It's a pretty good listen, about 15 minutes in total. JV stuff is right at the start.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Aug 21, 2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

MU on TSN/1050 radio, talking about the Valanciunas signing: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...etter-1.348510

He also touches on:
                          - Lowry's commitment this offseason to winning next season
                          - league trend of playing small ball
                          - his trip to Africa

It's a pretty good listen, about 15 minutes in total. JV stuff is right at the start.
                          That was a very rambling non-answer Masai gave to the small ball question.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            That was a very rambling non-answer Masai gave to the small ball question.
                            He trusts Casey. As long as he stays quiet the world never sees whatever Casey has on him

Comment

As a friendly reminder, this it the Valanciunas thread. Please take the KD/Horford fantasies, Lowry VS Teague and Ross debates elsewhere.
                              I thought thead was the buzzkill?

Comment

I thought thead was the buzzkill?
                                Don't let thead's swollen ankle avatar hear you say that, it's been known to appear and bring terror whenever thead is crossed.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X