X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game just started: http://www.gofeed2all.eu/watch/36798...s-ukraine.html

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Isn't the author of this piece related to Nick Nurse? Inside info?

Comment

• Listening to Jarod Greenberg on Sirius XM Sept 4 he explained that the reason DC doesn't play JV in the fourth is because he is a defensive liability. If this is in fact DC's rationale then it could explain why he usually goes 'small' at the end of games. The big problem with going small is that the scramble defense results in offensive rebounds for the opposing team. With that rationale GV should have been played more sparingly at the end of games. Perhaps that is why MU dumped JV. Nevertheless DC continues to confuse me on what he is doing and why he is doing it. If he would just give logical rationale for his approach I would be far less concerned with him being retained this off-season.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Listening to Jarod Greenberg on Sirius XM Sept 4 he explained that the reason DC doesn't play JV in the fourth is because he is a defensive liability. If this is in fact DC's rationale then it could explain why he usually goes 'small' at the end of games. The big problem with going small is that the scramble defense results in offensive rebounds for the opposing team. With that rationale GV should have been played more sparingly at the end of games. Perhaps that is why MU dumped JV. Nevertheless DC continues to confuse me on what he is doing and why he is doing it. If he would just give logical rationale for his approach I would be far less concerned with him being retained this off-season.
          They've always said it was JV's D. Then they'd have Lou and/or GV playing late in the 4th instead. It never made sense...
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Anyone watching the Lithuania game right now against Ukraine? Word on the streets (aka Twitter) is that JV hasn't looked like he's improved this summer. Still has cement feet and no improved post moves.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
              Anyone watching the Lithuania game right now against Ukraine? Word on the streets (aka Twitter) is that JV hasn't looked like he's improved this summer. Still has cement feet and no improved post moves.
              I was just about to say this. One of the lithuanian guys are roasting JV hard. He pretty much said this ever improving post moves they try to feed into our heads about JV every summer is just false. Also they said his defense is still bad. :/
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• And supposedly Lithuania keeps and kept him on the bench to end the game tonight because of defensive reasons, so it's not just Casey
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                  Anyone watching the Lithuania game right now against Ukraine? Word on the streets (aka Twitter) is that JV hasn't looked like he's improved this summer. Still has cement feet and no improved post moves.
                  He looked alright, I guess what made him look not very good is the fact that he missed a lot of shots he usually makes.

Anyway, JV finished with 19pts and 11rbs. He played against Fesenko who's very strong and has maybe 20-30 pounds on JV. Game was also very physical and the overall offense really sucked on both sides. It was pretty awful to watch, but it's pretty normal for the very first game of a championship.

We'll see a couple games into the championship...

Comment

• Jonas had 19 points and 11 rebounds in the first game in European championship.

Here are the stats:
                    http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game....D=69745&lng=en

Guess who was benched at the end of the game late in the 4th q because of his defense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                      Jonas had 19 points and 11 rebounds in the first game in European championship.

Here are the stats:

Guess who was benched at the end of the game late in the 4th q because of his defense?

Jonas! And if he can't keep up in Europe he can't keep up in the NBA. We will see what a slightly new defense does for him if that rumour is even true. But we all have to at least be able to admit that if another team goes small Jonas just can't keep up defensively. He's just not good enough yet.

Comment

• I really hope this stuff about his defense isn't true. I'd hate to bench him for something like that, especially since he's more than capable of putting up good numbers.
                        OG is our king

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                          Jonas had 19 points and 11 rebounds in the first game in European championship.

Here are the stats:

I didn't watch. So in your eyes if he made the shots he missed do you think his post moves look improved?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            And supposedly Lithuania keeps and kept him on the bench to end the game tonight because of defensive reasons, so it's not just Casey
                            Indeed, they took JV out of the game. JV fouled out Fesenko. Ukrain coach took a risk and put 5 3-point shoooters on the floor and it payed off. Lithuanian caoch had to adjust and took JV out. Ukraine still made a run and missed couple of open 3 in the last minute. Lituanian coach got lucky again, after he decided not to call a time-out when Lithuania had their last possession of the game. Ukrain had another 4 seconds for a win. But Lithuania pulled it out eventually.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              I didn't watch. So in your eyes if he made the shots he missed do you think his post moves look improved?
                              No, I don't think so. I do think that he is slightly quicker though.

MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                                Indeed, they took JV out of the game. JV fouled out Fesenko. Ukrain coach took a risk and put 5 3-point shoooters on the floor and it payed off. Lithuanian caoch had to adjust and took JV out. Ukraine still made a run and missed couple of open 3 in the last minute. Lituanian coach got lucky again, after he decided not to call a time-out when Lithuania had their last possession of the game. Ukrain had another 4 seconds for a win. But Lithuania pulled it out eventually.
                                Thanks for this. Context is so damn important. JV getting benched because the other team put in 5 3-point shooters makes sense and shouldn't be an indictment on JV's defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X