No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think JV could be an average PnR defender if we ICE'd the PnR and just lived with the mid ranged shot.

Realistically we can't expect JV to cover both the interior and the perimeter so if we ICE and take away the three and live and die by the long two I'll be happy as a coach if teams shoot that.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      We've seen him get plenty of blocks, but most were of the post-player-underestimating-him-and-shooting-into-his-hand variety. He actually looks to be moving pretty well there. How's he playing on the tournament?
      Haven't seen Italy but Bargs has been pretty bad so far. I've been watching Lithuania games, also watched a bit of Spain, France, Croatia and Greece. I especially enjoyed watching Po (the Greek freak) and Hezonja. Po is amazing and for a white Euro kid Hezonja is crazy athletic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        I think JV could be an average PnR defender if we ICE'd the PnR and just lived with the mid ranged shot.

Realistically we can't expect JV to cover both the interior and the perimeter so if we ICE and take away the three and live and die by the long two I'll be happy as a coach if teams shoot that.
        I think that Jonas is not the only problem on D for the Raptors. Perimeter D was awful last season. Like seriously one of the worst in the league. DD, Lowry and most importantly Lou and GV had serious issues maintaining players and allowed them to drive way too easy. 3pt defense was bad as well. This "I'm the man" bullshit mentality on O and lazy D killed Raptors. Some people talk about CoJo like he's worse then GV but if he can defend and do some playmaking and scoring that already would be a huge upgrade + Lowry in his best shape + Carroll. These guys just might be able to hide DD's weak defense. Then Jonas wouldn't look that bad on D himself. Having said that, he needs to improve as well.

MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
          Haven't seen Italy but Bargs has been pretty bad so far. I've been watching Lithuania games, also watched a bit of Spain, France, Croatia and Greece. I especially enjoyed watching Po (the Greek freak) and Hezonja. Po is amazing and for a white Euro kid Hezonja is crazy athletic.

Why many Raptors fans have and continue to have an unfounded bias towards JV.

He is a white Euro... people need to get over it.

But he is also a white Euro who is a hell of a basketball player.

He has improving to do - yes, yes he does.

But the perimeter D and system has been absolutely awful and that has left him out to dry much, much more than his own abilities - even at the NBA level with the crazy black athleticism.

Comment

• Interesting thought, i wonder if jv staying close to the basket wasn't just him not wanting to commit, but being told to focus on defensive rebounding because we're were week rebounding at the 3&4. With Carroll there instead of Ross he may be able to commit a little more without giving it up on the glass

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
              Kalnietis shot way to early!

lol, judging from the 'dislike' counter - Lithuanians are pissed. somebody send a cookie to Jv.
              Last edited by rocwell; Mon Sep 7, 2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                But playing bad D. Offense and rebounds don't mean much to me because he's always been good at that when given touches.
                I think systems come into play mostly for 5 men. JV is good in enough areas to make me think that in the right system he'd be solid. Plus he's still young, we know big men take a long time to develop, especially on D.

The fact that he's putting up stats is a development and in the 1st week of September I'll take it.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• He looks quicker imo. Bank shot is new
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He looks quicker imo. Bank shot is new
                    one thing i notice that didnt see last season....when he posts up...he gets the fn ball.

Comment

2:06 Karate kick rebound
                      OG is our king

Comment

Nice to see him getting some end of shot clock possessions to help develop in crunch time.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nice to see him set up on the right block

Comment

NICE MOVE at 1:20. damn

offence looks gr8
                            Last edited by yabadabayolo; Mon Sep 7, 2015, 10:18 PM.
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

It's like he discovered there's a backboard. You're right....I don't remember seeing much of that last year.

Comment

• Is he slipping the screen too early on the PnR too often? Seems like the opposing guard got around him fairly easily, but its a small sample I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X