X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV is a black hole on offense.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      JV is a black hole in the Raptors offense, as currently constructed.
      Fixed a lil typo for you there.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Haven't seen that mid-range shot in his game yet but his post game is coming along nicely.
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          JV is a black hole on offense.
          Never heard someone call a player with a usage rate of 19.1% (7th on the team) a black hole
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Never heard someone call a player with a usage rate of 19.1% (7th on the team) a black hole
            If you feel like it, you can make a valid argument that he's a black hole based on his passing numbers.
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              If you feel like it, you can make a valid argument that he's a black hole based on his passing numbers.
              In truth object don't so much enter a black hole and disappear but circle the event horizon. Hence calling JV a black hole isn't completely accurate

Comment

• Jerry = Lowry
                George = DD
                Kramer = JV
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Jerry = Lowry
                  George = DD
                  Kramer = JV
                  Haha, what episode was this again? I wanna watch it now. Someone needs to show this to DD.

Edit: NVM found it. It's Season 3 episode 17.
                  Last edited by BS10; Tue Sep 8, 2015, 08:39 PM.
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Google "jonas valanciunas black hole."

Comment

JV was one of the least prolific passers in all of basketball out of anyone who played regular minutes last season.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                        JV was one of the least prolific passers in all of basketball out of anyone who played regular minutes last season.
                        That "get mine" style of play is contagious.

Of course JV is the only one who can actually point to statistical proof, both simple and advanced, that shows he was consistently making the right play/decision.

Comment

• Does he not pass in Fiba as well?
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Sep 8, 2015, 08:43 PM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            That "get mine" style of play is contagious.

Of course JV is the only one who can actually point to statistical proof, both simple and advanced, that shows he was consistently making the right play/decision.
                            Of course there's some context warranted when looking at how dreadful JV's playmaking numbers are, but to absolve him of blame and once again circle around to making it DeRozan or whoever's fault? I don't really buy it. And it's not as if his passing numbers just left something to be desired, he was legitimately the worst passer/playmaker in the NBA last season for anyone who played significant minutes.

It's probably the biggest factor that holds me back from drinking the 'JV as a legit star' kool-aid; I've yet to see him exhibit a feel for the game on offence outside of scoring in his own little bubble in the post. And that's a worthwhile skill in itself, but when we talk about making him the focal point on offence I kind of cringe. As it stands now anyway. Here's hoping he shows some real development in that area this year.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Does not pass in Fiba as well?
                              No, "simple stats" are almost identical.

Comment

• so first iv is bashed about about his defense....and that is completely debunked....

and now a 7th highest usage but by far the most dominant offensive player should be passing the ball as opposed to scoring on 60% percent of his touches.....sigh.....

Comment

Working...
                                X