Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Especially when said all star was nowhere fucking close to making the all star team this past season. It's not like Lowry who played at all-star level the past two years, and only missed the game in 2013-14 because coaches did a coin flip between him and Derozan making the team when they both had great seasons.
    Would have been damn close if he hadn't gotten injured. He started the season shooting like crap, but the team was winning so much that the coaches probably would have selected a 2nd Raptor.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Would have been damn close if he hadn't gotten injured. He started the season shooting like crap, but the team was winning so much that the coaches probably would have selected a 2nd Raptor.
      With the way he started, All-Star selection would have been incredibly difficult. He's not going to get a rep call spot (ala Joe Johnson over Lowry) so it would really be based on production and he didn't have it.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Yes. Otherwise you're a former Allstar.
        Are you trying to tell me that Jameer Nelson, Danny Granger & Mo Williams aren't All-Stars anymore?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          In truth object don't so much enter a black hole and disappear but circle the event horizon. Hence calling JV a black hole isn't completely accurate
          Someone's been watching Cosmos eh

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Are you trying to tell me that Jameer Nelson, Danny Granger & Mo Williams aren't All-Stars anymore?
            Sadly, yes.

Jamaal, too.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              Someone's been watching Cosmos eh
              Futurama

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Is it just me that doesn't mind my C being a black hole on offense? I mean, he's a C, it's not his job to be playmaking. It would be like complaining about lowry not being a good post defender. (All of this is assuming JV isn't THE MAN on offense, which I don't think he'll ever be)
                Yeah, it puts a low ceiling on how much he can be used within the offense, especially in the playoffs. Good defenses will always take advantage of it. It's kind of like how Artis Gilmore used to be, a great player on paper, but he couldn't pass out of double teams, and good playoff defenses used to make him far less relevant and pick his team apart because of that. Today's defenses are much better, smarter, plus rules are tougher for post scorers.

At 16 mil a year, with cap going up, he could be worth his money anyway. But if we expect bigger things from him and for him to be all star and part of the core, he needs to become a much better passer.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, it puts a low ceiling on how much he can be used within the offense, especially in the playoffs. Good defenses will always take advantage of it. It's kind of like how Artis Gilmore used to be, a great player on paper, but he couldn't pass out of double teams, and good playoff defenses used to make him far less relevant and pick his team apart because of that. Today's defenses are much better, smarter, plus rules are tougher for post scorers.

At 16 mil a year, with cap going up, he could be worth his money anyway. But if we expect bigger things from him and for him to be all star and part of the core, he needs to become a much better passer.
                  As long as JV keeps TO low passing isn't a priority. If Raptors change the offense it might be an issue. Black hole PF are more limiting

Comment

• For anyone wondering what impact Casey and his system have on passing from centres, I would suggest heading on over to basketball reference and exploring Tyler Hansbrough's assist percentage numbers before and after joining the Raptors.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      For anyone wondering what impact Casey and his system have on passing from centres, I would suggest heading on over to basketball reference and exploring Tyler Hansbrough's assist percentage numbers before and after joining the Raptors.
                      The Asst% drop is bad but playing a guy who is barely hanging on at PF as a C is worse. Then ISO the poor bastard.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        For anyone wondering what impact Casey and his system have on passing from centres, I would suggest heading on over to basketball reference and exploring Tyler Hansbrough's assist percentage numbers before and after joining the Raptors.
                        He was 2.7% and 2.8% in Toronto the past two seasons and 3.5% and 4.4% in Indiana the two years prior (on much higher usage). Enlighten me.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                          He was 2.7% and 2.8% in Toronto the past two seasons and 3.5% and 4.4% in Indiana the two years prior (on much higher usage). Enlighten me.
                          Everybody on the Raptors dropped by almost half in Asst%. Lou went from a career 22% to about 13%. Lou was a ball hog before yet got even more chucky

Comment

• Jonas with 13 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals in overtime win against Czech Republic. He played just after his sickness that he had on Tuesday and Wednesday. Great game for him, both on D and O. Stopped Vesely, made a mid range jumpshot. Poor fella, after the game he said that he didn't eat for two days, had fever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                              Jonas with 13 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals in overtime win against Czech Republic. He played just after his sickness that he had on Tuesday and Wednesday. Great game for him, both on D and O. Stopped Vesely, made a mid range jumpshot. Poor fella, after the game he said that he didn't eat for two days, had fever.

Food poisoning?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Food poisoning?
                                Yup. If it weren't for him, Lithuania would've lost. Great game for him overall. Next game on Sunday vs Georgia (not the state, lol, like G. Bush once asked). Shangelia and Pachulia plays for them, so Jonas will have a tough match up.

MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Working...
                                X