Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
    Jonas with 13 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals in overtime win against Czech Republic. He played just after his sickness that he had on Tuesday and Wednesday. Great game for him, both on D and O. Stopped Vesely, made a mid range jumpshot. Poor fella, after the game he said that he didn't eat for two days, had fever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Shit, I tuned in at the start and didn't see him on the court so turned it off. Oh well.

Comment

• I couldn't play basketball with rotavirus. Oh no, no, no.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Everybody on the Raptors dropped by almost half in Asst%. Lou went from a career 22% to about 13%. Lou was a ball hog before yet got even more chucky
        I'm not sure why I'm bothering to respond to this because I feel like your schtick is that you say stupid things on purpose but this statement is just plain wrong.

Forget about "everybody on the Raptors" experiencing a 50% drop in assist percentage… Derozan, Lowry, Ross, Patterson, Hayes (a centre!!!!!!!!!) and James Johnson all had assist percentages last season that exceeded their career averages. That's 6 of their top 11 rotation. And Amir was about 1.5% down from his career mark.

And if you think Hansbrough dropping from 4.4 AST% his last season in Indiana to a 2.7 AST% mark his first season in Toronto is a meaningful decline, then I'm pretty sure you don't even know what the stat means.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
          Jonas with 13 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals in overtime win against Czech Republic. He played just after his sickness that he had on Tuesday and Wednesday. Great game for him, both on D and O. Stopped Vesely, made a mid range jumpshot. Poor fella, after the game he said that he didn't eat for two days, had fever.

What about assists?

He didn't have at least 5 assists?

What a bum.
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Sep 10, 2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Jonas Valanciunas after BIG game: 'I didn't eat for two days. I had rotavirus. How do I feel? I want to go to 'that' room' #Eurobasket2015— Donatas Urbonas (@Urbodo) September 10, 2015

I couldn't play basketball with rotavirus. Oh no, no, no.
            Jordan had a flu game. Jonas had a rotavirus game

MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              What about assists?

What a bum.
              Why do you get so sensitive about these things? I don't think anyone is saying that Jonas isn't a good young player who's still very far from reaching finished product status. However his playmaking was some of the least effective in the entire league last season… some of it due to the style of play of the team, some of it due to his teammates and a LOT of it because JV lacks awareness and feel offensively. It's not an indictment of the guy's entire career… just a legit criticism backed up by a lot of data. It's like you can't just have a balanced conversation about anything… everything has to be one extreme of the other.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                I'm not sure why I'm bothering to respond to this because I feel like your schtick is that you say stupid things on purpose but this statement is just plain wrong.

Forget about "everybody on the Raptors" experiencing a 50% drop in assist percentage… Derozan, Lowry, Ross, Patterson, Hayes (a centre!!!!!!!!!) and James Johnson all had assist percentages last season that exceeded their career averages. That's 6 of their top 11 rotation. And Amir was about 1.5% down from his career mark.

And if you think Hansbrough dropping from 4.4 AST% his last season in Indiana to a 2.7 AST% mark his first season in Toronto is a meaningful decline, then I'm pretty sure you don't even know what the stat means.
                Not on my desktop but Demar,Ross never played anywhere else and 2Pats only has rookie and injury years to compare. Dumbass they were in the bottom in assists with the same roster. Year 2 year assists fell

Comment

What about assists?

What a bum.
                  He got one assist though. That assist led to three pointer! Hey!

Comment

Why do you get so sensitive about these things? I don't think anyone is saying that Jonas isn't a good young player who's still very far from reaching finished product status. However his playmaking was some of the least effective in the entire league last season… some of it due to the style of play of the team, some of it due to his teammates and a LOT of it because JV lacks awareness and feel offensively. It's not an indictment of the guy's entire career… just a legit criticism backed up by a lot of data. It's like you can't just have a balanced conversation about anything… everything has to be one extreme of the other.
                    I'm sorry.

I should have pink fonted that.

Your critiques of me are tiring though.

Follow forum rules, please, and keep the personal references out of your posts.

Thanks.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Unless JV is passing to good shooters on the perimeter it really makes no sense for him to be passing. He shot at a really high rate and only 3 pt shots at better than league avg could result in more points.

Comment

He was 2.7% and 2.8% in Toronto the past two seasons and 3.5% and 4.4% in Indiana the two years prior (on much higher usage). Enlighten me.
                          Uh, exactly? Centres don't get the usage here (and type of usage) that allows for assist rates they would see elsewhere. They get the ball at the very end of the play, on put backs, or on post ups where no one else moves at all. Very little chance to get assists.

Hansbrough's AST% was about half his career value, precisely because of the way C's are utilized (or the lack thereof) in this offence. This is the context under which JV's assist numbers have existed his entire career. Hard to develop a passing game when you are in a system that suppresses opportunity for C's to get assists.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Uh, exactly? Centres don't get the usage here (and type of usage) that allows for assist rates they would see elsewhere. They get the ball at the very end of the play, on put backs, or on post ups where no one else moves at all. Very little chance to get assists.

Hansbrough's AST% was about half his career value, precisely because of the way C's are utilized (or the lack thereof) in this offence. This is the context under which JV's assist numbers have existed his entire career. Hard to develop a passing game when you are in a system that suppresses opportunity for C's to get assists.
                            Not arguing but Vogel used TH as a PF and used the hi-lo pass and mid-range with TH, West and Scola. If TH asst% fell so will Scola's

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Unless JV is passing to good shooters on the perimeter it really makes no sense for him to be passing. He shot at a really high rate and only 3 pt shots at better than league avg could result in more points.
                              And that is the ridiculousness of the criticism.

He doesn't turn the ball over. It was an issue earlier in career but each year turnovers have decreased which most tend to forget/ignore.

He is elite on points per post up at 1.02 - 88th percentile.

Meanwhile he only takes 8 shots per game with roughly 4.5 being actual post ups where he is likely to have an opportunity to create an assist opportunity.

Does he have work to do? Absolutely - especially if he desires to be more of a focus in the offense.

However as has been pointed out in the style of play and his teammates did little to promote opportunities and he is just turned 23.

Nevermind the fact he is a C!

This is like crapping on a SG who can't shoot.... actually, no wait.... that is totally different.

This is like crapping on an athletic wing who can't keep his man in front of him on D..... actually, no wait.... that is totally different too.

Oh never mind. This is just ridiculous.

Comment

And that is the ridiculousness of the criticism.

He doesn't turn the ball over. It was an issue earlier in career but each year turnovers have decreased which most tend to forget/ignore.

He is elite on points per post up at 1.02 - 88th percentile.

Meanwhile he only takes 8 shots per game with roughly 4.5 being actual post ups where he is likely to have an opportunity to create an assist opportunity.

Does he have work to do? Absolutely - especially if he desires to be more of a focus in the offense.

However as has been pointed out in the style of play and his teammates did little to promote opportunities and he is just turned 23.

Nevermind the fact he is a C!

This is like crapping on a SG who can't shoot.... actually, no wait.... that is totally different.

This is like crapping on an athletic wing who can't keep his man in front of him on D..... actually, no wait.... that is totally different too.

Oh never mind. This is just ridiculous.
                                I know the shooting guard who can shoot is DD lol. But who is the athletic wing who can't keep anyone infront of them? Terrence Ross? lol. I'm really hoping the injury is what caused his decline defensively because he showed so much promise defensively the year before.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X