No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No wonder why Bargnani looked like a pussy on the floor for the Raptors. His coach think refs must act like bodyguards.

These peeps in FIBA, NBA got to stop making this game so soft.
    Last edited by rocwell; Wed Sep 16, 2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Screen and roll is another animal in FIBA ball. Much more contact is forgiven and the screener is allowed to be moving more often than not. A profound elbow to the neck or solid hip check may get a call but officials are inconsistent on this.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        Screen and roll is another animal in FIBA ball. Much more contact is forgiven and the screener is allowed to be moving more often than not. A profound elbow to the neck or solid hip check may get a call but officials are inconsistent on this.
        Officiating in FIBA games is very confusing. I've been following Euroleague(not closely.. was using just stats-based databases and platforms.) for three years and I was unable to obtain any "consistent ref statistics" which I could use for betting. Different story w/ NBA though.

Comment

• Discuss

Comment

• JV's stats are impressive in Eurobasket outside of assists. .5 assists per game is right at his NBA level. No need to pass when you make 11 of 13 shots.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post

Discuss
              His personal awareness is lower than average. Do people really expect him to become Pau Gasol in couple years?

Comment

• Passing of the dribble is no easy task. Jonas can't just learn it by practising over and over again.

Anyway. Jonas will have to deal with it. He'll have to find a way how to pass of the dribble. You can bet kid is pissed with all turnovers cuz of freaking dribble traps and loose balls.
                Last edited by rocwell; Wed Sep 16, 2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Discuss
                  Three points:

1. That's an Insider article and I can only read the intro.
                  2. Tim Chisholm is one step away from the dog house I have Tim W. and Doug Smith in.
                  3. I hate "it's this season or bust!" ultimatums from writers and fans. Makes for a nice article, doesn't mean jack in the real world. Jonas just signed a new deal and is a year away from the first year of that deal - this is not a make or break season by any stretch. Jonas does need to show progress and the Raptors do really want him to become a top-3 core player on a very successful team for them, but everything else is hyperbole. In the long run if Jonas takes a big step next year instead of this year, no one will care. The only time there's really a performance ultimatum is in a contract year. Or if a guy is on the brink of being moved anyway. But not because a random journalist has decided this year is "the year."

The assists issue had several pages devoted to it in this thread just a few days ago...
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Discuss
                    he's not a good passer, everyone knows that already.

Here's the "writer" Tim Chisholm trying to stir the pot again. guy's a joke.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Ah, probably just pulling a Kleiza.
                      He is good but you are forgetting Denver doesn't have a PG right now.

Comment

• jv killed it tonight. 26 and 15
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Tim Chisholm is an official troll.

I guess since the quality writing angle hasn't worked for him, he is going the Broussard route of outlandish claims and pot stirring to get back to national level.

Good luck, Tim.

Comment

• What a damning summer for JV, overall:

STATISTICAL RANKINGS
                            Ranks #6 in Blocked Shots (1.2)
                            Ranks #2 in 2 Pts Field Goals Made (7.0)
                            Ranks #11 in Field Goals Attempted (12.0)
                            Ranks #6 in Free Throws Percentage (86.4%)
                            Ranks #1 in Double-Doubles (4)
                            Ranks #9 in 2 Pts Field Goal Percentage (58.3%)
                            Ranks #2 in Total Rebounds (9.2)
                            Ranks #5 in Offensive Rebounds (2.8)
                            Ranks #6 in Field Goal Percentage (58.3%)
                            Ranks #4 in Field Goals Made (7.0)
                            Ranks #3 in 2 Pts Field Goals Attempted (12.0)
                            Ranks #17 in Free Throws Made (3.2)
                            Ranks #6 in Defensive Rebounds (6.3)
                            Ranks #5 in Points Per Game (17.2)

http://www.fibaeurope.com/redirect.a...a2&season=2015

His passing is a work in progress and needs improvement as well as opportunity.

Comment

Discuss
                              Discuss?

How about this: don't click on that stupid fucking link; that troll doesn't deserve the traffic.

Edit: just realized Chisholm didn't write the article because I somehow accidentally clicked on the link. So, it doesn't matter.
                              Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Sep 17, 2015, 07:40 AM.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Sabonis' reactions during the game last night

Comment

Working...
                                X