Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal wrote: View Post
    Here is a nice video of skinny JV (no beard) and all LTU National Team working with Sabonis in 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=28&v=nPmuOI456jA

Not sure how much do they work together now. But Sabonis is always somewhere close to the court.
    Arvydas' son Domantas is on the Lithuania national roster. He's just 19 years old.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      Arvydas' son Domantas is on the Lithuania national roster. He's just 19 years old.
      True. He will be sophomore this year with Gonzaga. Already there are some flashes of brilliance in Domantas game. He will be very good one day. I am following Domantas game since he was 16. In couple years the frontcourt of Valanciunas, Motiejunas and Sabonis will be something special to watch in international basketball.

Comment

• Uh... Weren't the EuroBasket finals today?

Y'know with Lithuania and Spain.

Heard that Jonas was leading the team in assists through 2 quarters, not sure what happened after that other than that Spain won.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          Uh... Weren't the EuroBasket finals today?

Y'know with Lithuania and Spain.

Heard that Jonas was leading the team in assists through 2 quarters, not sure what happened after that other than that Spain won.
          http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/gam...66-78-A-1.html

Seems to be (judging by the stats) that P.Gasol schooled Jonas.

Comment

• Looks like Jonas fouled out in 26 minutes of play. He shot 5/10 from the field for 10 points and added 9 rebounds. No blocks or steals but had 2 assists and only 1 turnover. Pau Gasol drew 10 fouls in the game and finished with 25 and 12 on 9/18 from the field.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/gam...66-78-A-1.html

Seems to be (judging by the stats) that P.Gasol schooled Jonas.
              From what I have been reading Pau Gasol has been given the superstar whistle all tournament, drew 10 fouls this game and averaged 9.3 free throws per game.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                From what I have been reading Pau Gasol has been given the superstar whistle all tournament, drew 10 fouls this game and averaged 9.3 free throws per game.
                Well it is Pau Gasol after all and in this Euro tournament he is a superstar.

Comment

• JV played a major role on the Lithuanian squad that got to the finals...
                  Pretty good tourney for him... 16pts...8.5 rebs 1.5 blocks per game along with hitting 24 of 28 FT's
                  Hope this success carries over into the regular season...
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Well it is Pau Gasol after all and in this Euro tournament he is a superstar.
                    Pau is in the conversation for top 10 FIBA greatest of all time.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Pau is in the conversation for top 10 FIBA greatest of all time.
                      True. Jonas played ok vs. Spain. Pau was just too much for him. Keep in mind that Pau scored 40 against Gobert in a semi final vs. France, he was unstoppable through out entire tournament. But Jonas had a great tournament overall. Was a leader of his team, won a silver medal + qualified for the Olympics + he was selected for the all-tournament team (youngest among selected players). I'd say that's pretty good for a 23 year old kid. Poor guy was very disappointed though.
                      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                        True. Jonas played ok vs. Spain. Pau was just too much for him. Keep in mind that Pau scored 40 against Gobert in a semi final vs. France, he was unstoppable through out entire tournament. But Jonas had a great tournament overall. Was a leader of his team, won a silver medal + qualified for the Olympics + he was selected for the all-tournament team (youngest among selected players). I'd say that's pretty good for a 23 year old kid. Poor guy was very disappointed though.
                        Hopefully he uses the disappointment as motivation. Great play hopefully transfers into the season.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• He shouldn't be disappointed. I watched several Lithuania games and I can't believe they actually made the finals tbh. They looked really bad. I'm just happy we'll not face this team in qualifying tournament, cuz I bet they'll play much better next year.

Anyway, congrats Jonas on great tournament. Time to start the NBA season!!!

Comment

• Hopefully he can carry over his success to the Raptors. I'm pumped for the season!
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              He shouldn't be disappointed. I watched several Lithuania games and I can't believe they actually made the finals tbh. They looked really bad. I'm just happy we'll not face this team in qualifying tournament, cuz I bet they'll play much better next year.

Really bad and second in Europe? I know what you mean though. The guards are horrible. Defense was the key to their success. Tbh, I'm a bit surprised that you guys aren't that excited about your national team. I would be thrilled to have such a young, talented team. With good coaching Canada could be among the top teams in the world.
                              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                He shouldn't be disappointed. I watched several Lithuania games and I can't believe they actually made the finals tbh. They looked really bad. I'm just happy we'll not face this team in qualifying tournament, cuz I bet they'll play much better next year.

From what I hear, LTU was basically carried by their bigs and Kalnietis. Is that correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X