No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea he Jonas played really well despite how horrible their guards were. I'm super excited for this coming NBA season and I REALLY hope his play carries over. But most importantly I REALLY hope Casey is able to figure out how best to use him. Cause he needs to be more involved in our offense this season. They also NEED to change up our defensive schemes to best suit him, because this scramble defense and all this hedging only makes him look like a worse defender than he is.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      Uh... Weren't the EuroBasket finals today?

Y'know with Lithuania and Spain.

Heard that Jonas was leading the team in assists through 2 quarters, not sure what happened after that other than that Spain won.
      Right? Where is the passion? Looks like this place needs me (and a DD thread).

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        From what I hear, LTU was basically carried by their bigs and Kalnietis. Is that correct?
        Only if you consider Maciulis and Kusminskis (sp?) bigs. Seibutis contributed quite a bit as well.

Comment

• The Lithuanian guards are awful, you've got Kalneitis who either turns the ball over or takes a bad shot.

Seibutis is Meh and the rest are useless

Maciulis, Valanciunas, and Kuzminskas carried the team
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Should we be a little more worried about Pau Gasol, Jimmy Butler, and Derrick Rose?
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Should we be a little more worried about Pau Gasol, Jimmy Butler, and Derrick Rose?
              ... and a rested Noah + Mirotic's beard. And a Bulls front-office + coach that is finally aligned. Yeah, I think so.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                ... and a rested Noah + Mirotic's beard. And a Bulls front-office + coach that is finally aligned. Yeah, I think so.
                I love Mirotic.

Wish we had him.

Comment

• Pau sure doesn't look over the hill.

Comment

• Dont know if this has been mentioned yet:

JV and De Colo were named to the first team at Euro Basket with Pau Gasol as MVP.

Comment

• JV highlights.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

JV highlights.
                        Watching the first minute of that there are some really nice passes from pat to jv. That Lowry/pat pick and pop really pulls the defence out which could be very useful in helping jv get good post position. He will be really valuable in the starting lineup helping everyone to get more efficient shots, hopefully they can make it work on defence.
                        Carroll and ppat should be the perfect complimentary players to help demar and jv take steps in their games

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                          Watching the first minute of that there are some really nice passes from pat to jv. That Lowry/pat pick and pop really pulls the defence out which could be very useful in helping jv get good post position. He will be really valuable in the starting lineup helping everyone to get more efficient shots, hopefully they can make it work on defence.
                          Carroll and ppat should be the perfect complimentary players to help demar and jv take steps in their games
                          I remember thinking a few times last year that Pat was the best post feeder on the team. A pick and pop with him and lowry should allow for weekside action getting JV some decent post position for an easy feed. If teams worry about Pat then JV should be able to get good position. If they worry about JV then Pat should be able to get a shot up. If they cover them both then the weekside action should hopefully get a decent shot for Carroll on a swing. If they manage to get Carroll covered then there should be enough movement from the defense to allow for Derozan to come off a screen with action towards the hoop...

Interesting to see what they draw up this year.

Comment

• lool I forgot about the whole "Big Science" thing
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                              I remember thinking a few times last year that Pat was the best post feeder on the team. A pick and pop with him and lowry should allow for weekside action getting JV some decent post position for an easy feed. If teams worry about Pat then JV should be able to get good position. If they worry about JV then Pat should be able to get a shot up. If they cover them both then the weekside action should hopefully get a decent shot for Carroll on a swing. If they manage to get Carroll covered then there should be enough movement from the defense to allow for Derozan to come off a screen with action towards the hoop...

Interesting to see what they draw up this year.
                              I was thinking something pretty similar like this:
                              (hit show play to watch)
                              http://bball.sharetheplay.com/?coach...95G15000BDD073
                              with other options being kyle keep it instead depending on the coverage or go to demar for the shot/ dribble hand off
                              everyone in position to maximize their strengths

Comment

• For JV to truely take a step forward this team needs to move entirely away from Demar centric offense. Period.

DD adds no skills to improve upon JVs offense.

Lowry/Carroll/JV, right now, are the cogs to a legitamate, and sustainable, high ranking offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X