Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post

DD adds no skills to improve upon JVs offense.

Hahaha

Do you maintain a straight face when you type stuff like this?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Hahaha

demar getting to the line improves JV?

Or his stellar floor spacing give JV room to operate in the post?

Im actually not slaggin DD here, just stating what I firmly believe

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Hahaha

Hahaha

Do you?

What could you possibly see in Demar's game that helps JV?

Comment

• Comment

• Can anyone confirm the following?

"There's been a lot made about JV finishing games," Casey said at media day. "Well, he's getting to the point of his career, with the experience, that he should be able to do that. I noticed they didn't use him as much in Europe at the end of games, but we plan to use him, especially offensively, down the stretch.

"Father time is a great teacher and developer of those kind of situations," Casey added.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...fourth-quarter
            I didn't watch any of his FIBA games. Just saw highlights and boxscores.

Comment

• They used him plenty at the the end of games. There was one game where he was subbed on and off defence-offence, and a couple others he missed entirely due to the flu, but in the key games, especially the elimination rounds, he was a key cog to the offence, including at the end of the 4th and in OT.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• he played 54 fourth-quarter minutes in 8 games.

~6.75 minutes p/g

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  They used him plenty at the the end of games. There was one game where he was subbed on and off defence-offence, and a couple others he missed entirely due to the flu, but in the key games, especially the elimination rounds, he was a key cog to the offence, including at the end of the 4th and in OT.
                  Well I'm much more likely to take your word than Casey's.

Every time I think he has reached bottom with me, he manages to dig deep to find another new sub level.

Yet another example of his passive aggressiveness and arrogance. This is another Dallas championship ring-like event, in my opinion.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    Hahaha

Do you?

What could you possibly see in Demar's game that helps JV?
                    Demar averages over 4 assists per game, I suppose none of those go to JV?
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      The highest he has averaged in regular season is 4.0 in 2013-14.

Last year he averaged 3.5.

For his career he averages 2.4.

Then when I look at his assist opportunities per game I see just 7.9 last season.

For a guy with a 28% usage rate, that doesn't seem right.

Then when you look at his assists per game at 3.5, you see that players capitalize on well less than 50% of his assist opportunities. Why is that? Lowry, Lou, GV (i.e. the other dominant ball handlers) all had higher than 50% assist rate on opportunities. My opinion: for all the time the ball is in his hands, he quite often does nothing with it. He is not giving the ball to players in position to easily score. It is more of a last second or last option "I got nothing - here you go" delivery.

I readily admit I'm biased. Can't stand DeMar's game. Hope the talk about ball movement in practice isn't sugar coated bull shit. Can't wait for the games.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        He averaged that for one season, and it was exactly 4 assists, not over. Worth noting it was partly because of minutes (his per36 apg was 3.7 that season, 3.6 this past season). He is not a great passer. Not bad, but not great. And JV might be the guy he most frequently looks off relative to opportunity to feed him the ball.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          The highest he has averaged in regular season is 4.0 in 2013-14.

Last year he averaged 3.5.

For his career he averages 2.4.

Then when I look at his assist opportunities per game I see just 7.9 last season.

For a guy with a 28% usage rate, that doesn't seem right.

Then when you look at his assists per game at 3.5, you see that players capitalize on well less than 50% of his assist opportunities. Why is that? Lowry, Lou, GV (i.e. the other dominant ball handlers) all had higher than 50% assist rate on opportunities. My opinion: for all the time the ball is in his hands, he quite often does nothing with it. He is not giving the ball to players in position to easily score. It is more of a last second or last option "I got nothing - here you go" delivery.

I readily admit I'm biased. Can't stand DeMar's game. Hope the talk about ball movement in practice isn't sugar coated bull shit. Can't wait for the games.
                          You may be biased, but I don't think you're wrong.

When you watch DeMar play, it seems like he doesn't make as many passes as he could with the opportunities available. When you watch him play, it feels like a lot of passes are fallback options after his attempt to score fails. To a certain extent that's understandable, especially from score-first players, but he could easily put up more assists, even in the iso-heavy offence we ran last year.

Comment

• DeMar passes the ball to Jonas 3 times per game. Jonas passes the ball to DD 3 times per game. Considering how much each has the ball...

In any case, of DD's 3.6 assists per game, 0.4 go to Jonas. Only 9% of his passes go to Jonas; he passes more to every other starter, plus Vasquez and Patterson.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              You may be biased, but I don't think you're wrong.

When you watch DeMar play, it seems like he doesn't make as many passes as he could with the opportunities available. When you watch him play, it feels like a lot of passes are fallback options after his attempt to score fails. To a certain extent that's understandable, especially from score-first players, but he could easily put up more assists, even in the iso-heavy offence we ran last year.
                              I think it's important to recognize that the entire team seemed coached to get the shot up if you're in the lane. You knew that GV was always going to launch the floater and never the oop to JV. JV and Amir knew to attack the backboard over expecting the pass.

Hopefully it's a trend that is reversed with DeMar, Lowry, and the entire team this year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                They used him plenty at the the end of games. There was one game where he was subbed on and off defence-offence, and a couple others he missed entirely due to the flu, but in the key games, especially the elimination rounds, he was a key cog to the offence, including at the end of the 4th and in OT.
                                so, once again, casey is a liar and/or a fucking moron.

#FireCasey

Comment

Working...
                                X