Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Like how Bosh was stealing Bargnani's rebounds, so Bargs could never develop his rebounding skills?
    After the past few years its hard to believe there was a time that Bargs was our premier talent, and that he was referred to as Il Mago.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Do you really think defense are more worried about AJ making a jumper over Scola?
      If he's behind the line, they should be.

Comment

Like how Bosh was stealing Bargnani's rebounds, so Bargs could never develop his rebounding skills?
        I think he meant that Scola is a post-up/face-up scorer, and there's only one ball to go around.

Comment

um, no?

Scolas is good at passing from the high post, why wouldnt you take advantage of that? and that is exactly what we want JV to develop.

So JV should be doing it as it is far more important to get our 16 million dollar 23 year old center good at it than it is to milk a 30 year old 1 year contract vet.

Comment

• Play who ever best helps you win. This isn't Philly were playing to win.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Good read on how JV/PP is a terrible pairing

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...medium=twitter
              I happen to think it is a terrible read. The entire premise is that Patterson should open the floor for JV to operate inside. But in last year's offence, "operating inside" meant getting an offensive rebound off a guard's terrible jumper and getting the putback. We don't really have a sample of JV next to PP where JV is getting a steady stream of offence run through him. So concluding that PP's floor spreading doesn't help him is kind of misleading.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JV and Patterson are both at the stage of their careers where an extra year of experience makes for a massive increase in ability, so it doesn't makes sense to project what they did last year onto what they might do this year. Scola's at the stage in his career where he's old and slow and will have a tough time matching up against starting calibre players.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JV to Lowry pass, the first and hopefully not the last:

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• JV always looks for that pass when the feeder cuts. It's just not often available, usually due to a lazy and half hearted cut. Lowry went hard as soon as his defender followed the entry pass, so JV hit him.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                      JV to Lowry pass, the first and hopefully not the last:

This is what I've been saying for a long time now - it's not that JV can't pass, it's that there's never a decent target. This is literally the first time in his career that I've seen a guard make a hard, determined cut to the basket while he's setting up in the post.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        This is what I've been saying for a long time now - it's not that JV can't pass, it's that there's never a decent target. This is literally the first time in his career that I've seen a guard make a hard, determined cut to the basket while he's setting up in the post.

Yup.

You can't expect a post to make plays with guys standing and watching.

With a double team at the post, 3 defenders can easily guard 4 offensive players standing still.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Yup.

You can't expect a post to make plays with guys standing and watching.

With a double team at the post, 3 defenders can easily guard 4 offensive players standing still.
                          What do you think about our offense so far mcHAPPY? Personally I think it's much improved from last season. We aren't the Spurs or even the Hawks but I find the ball is moving much better and guys aren't standing around nearly as much. Also I find there aren't as many quick shots or ISO shots. Just wanted to get your take on it. Impressed or is it more of the same to you?
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• the only difference in the offesnse so far this year is that Ppats shots are going to JV and Carroll.

other than that, all of Demars plays are the same shit.

Comment

• PP has looked terrible in preseason so far. Nowhere to be found on defense and hesitant to take an open shot. He's putting up more pump fakes than JV and DeMar combined.

JV needs better help on defense that PP, so I hope PP goes back to the second unit. Plus it might help PP, to loosen up on offence if he doesn't have as much responsibility on defense.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                YOU'RE WRONG

Lol Landry Fields did once too while JV was being double teamed. He was pretty good at cutting. And his wife was nice
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X