Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    What do you think about our offense so far mcHAPPY? Personally I think it's much improved from last season. We aren't the Spurs or even the Hawks but I find the ball is moving much better and guys aren't standing around nearly as much. Also I find there aren't as many quick shots or ISO shots. Just wanted to get your take on it. Impressed or is it more of the same to you?
    I haven't had a chance to watch yet which is why I haven't commented on many things.

NBA League pass has blacked out numerous games for 48 hours and I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch. Then the west coast games are too late for me.

I hope to get through the games this weekend. Think my wife is going out Saturday night so that works good for me

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Play who ever best helps you win. This isn't Philly were playing to win.
      Oh boy

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I haven't had a chance to watch yet which is why I haven't commented on many things.

NBA League pass has blacked out numerous games for 48 hours and I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch. Then the west coast games are too late for me.

I hope to get through the games this weekend. Think my wife is going out Saturday night so that works good for me
        Yea I've been wondering why you haven't been commenting. I don't think they play on the weekend. They play on Monday next which is thanksgiving. Hopefully you catch that game
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
          YOU'RE WRONG

Lol Landry Fields did once too while JV was being double teamed. He was pretty good at cutting. And his wife was nice
          Actually, moderately often during the season last year after a feed into the high post for JV, DD or Lowry would cut along the baseline under the rim, and on the occasion that their man got stuck on JV or his defender, JV would find them under the basket. The difference this time is Lowry cut through the paint right down the lane instead. It would be nice to see a variety of cuts and off ball movement.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JV is in ESPN's top 60 player rankings. Maybe today is the day when we get the exact number. I am a little surprised that it is that high.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13723434/team-team

X. Kyle Lowry
            X. DeMar DeRozan
            X. Jonas Valanciunas
            61. DeMarre Carroll
            157. Patrick Patterson
            169. Terrence Ross
            200. Cory Joseph
            215. Luis Scola
            254. James Johnson
            257. Bismack Biyombo
            263. Anthony Bennett
            314. Delon Wright
            400. Lucas Nogueira
            Last edited by stretch; Tue Oct 13, 2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Looks a little slow/fatigued at the moment, which is to be expected coming from FIBA Europe tourney straight into a grueling camp. Hopefully he's back looking spry for game 1.

Comment

• Oh man.

Every year, since the first this kid has been in the NBA, people use the old "he's a little tired from his offseason schedule" excuse for JV's obvious lack of speed, both mentally and physically. As the year goes on, of course it changes to "Casey has no idea how to use/ develop JV".

Its NEVER, maybe JV isn't all that great.
                And it should be. Because;

1. His off season regimen is normal for a kid his age. If he is tired, then he is out of shape.
                2. He has been given every opportunity to develop slowly. Contrary to what is said here, his teammates ignore him because he rarely comes through, not the other way around.

JV's success or failure will be on him, and him only. Im cheering for him, I want him to succeed, but damn, lets stop making excuses all the time.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  JV is in ESPN's top 60 player rankings. Maybe today is the day when we get the exact number. I am a little surprised that it is that high.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13723434/team-team

X. Kyle Lowry
                  X. DeMar DeRozan
                  X. Jonas Valanciunas
                  61. DeMarre Carroll
                  157. Patrick Patterson
                  169. Terrence Ross
                  200. Cory Joseph
                  215. Luis Scola
                  254. James Johnson
                  257. Bismack Biyombo
                  263. Anthony Bennett
                  314. Delon Wright
                  400. Lucas Nogueira
                  By the end of the year both Scola and Joseph will pass Ross and Patterson.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Oh man.

Every year, since the first this kid has been in the NBA, people use the old "he's a little tired from his offseason schedule" excuse for JV's obvious lack of speed, both mentally and physically. As the year goes on, of course it changes to "Casey has no idea how to use/ develop JV".

Its NEVER, maybe JV isn't all that great.
                    And it should be. Because;

1. His off season regimen is normal for a kid his age. If he is tired, then he is out of shape.
                    2. He has been given every opportunity to develop slowly. Contrary to what is said here, his teammates ignore him because he rarely comes through, not the other way around.

JV's success or failure will be on him, and him only. Im cheering for him, I want him to succeed, but damn, lets stop making excuses all the time.
                    He has played a lot more basketball than a normal big his age - , more professional minutes, more NBA minutes, more international minutes. The result is that he is in shape (he pretty much has to be with that much basketball played), but it's understandable for him to be worn down, perhaps with some minor injuries that he's able to play through.

Let's not forget that he's actually producing, and winning at a good clip, and has for pretty much every single team he's been a part of. There's nothing to excuse except for a slight lack of explosiveness.

He looked nice and mobile starting things off for LTH this summer. So you limit his preseason minutes and hope he can start the real season with some bounce in his step. No reason to be concerned at this point.

Comment

• I'm with you there, intelligent rest makes sense. But I think you know what I mean about the being in shape thing. He's a young baller...he's not worn out just yet.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        I'm with you there, intelligent rest makes sense. But I think you know what I mean about the being in shape thing. He's a young baller...he's not worn out just yet.
                        People always say/assume that youngsters can play for days, but it's often the savvy vet that is better conditioned and better prepared to do battle night in and night out. Some young players just aren't as prone to aches and pains, but then you look at the rookie class of last year and realize that they're actually pretty injury prone overall.

I just hope JV doesn't have any nagging injuries. Otherwise he should be fine.

Comment

• I agree the kid will be making 65 mil soon. The excuses have to stop. He should be held responsible for his production or lack of production. Lets stop pointing the finger at everyone else.
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Oct 13, 2015, 04:47 PM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I agree the kid will be making 65 mil soon. The excuses have to stop. He should be held responsible for his production or lack of production. Lets stop pointing the finger at everyone else.
                            Well, he has been productive even with the lowly usage rates he's been given under Casey.

I just want him to be a solid part of the offense, instead of a last resort is all. He's already been productive, as Skywalker has said, throughout his career, wherever he's been. He was LTH's best player, and they just won the silver medal in Eurobasket. He just needs more opportunity.

Comment

I agree the kid will be making 65 mil soon. The excuses have to stop. He should be held responsible for his production or lack of production. Lets stop pointing the finger at everyone else.
                              I don't think there is anyone on this team who gets held responsible for his production or lack of production (and lack of production by everyone else) more than Valanciunas, by this coaching staff.

I wish we could see even half of that level of accountability applied to certain other players on this team.

Comment

Nicely Said. His production has been miserable so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X