Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    You know what stat passes the smell test much better than RPM? Win Shares. Here's the top 10 centers from last year by win share.

1. DeAndre Jordan 12.8
    2. Tyson Chandler 10.3
    3. Marc Gasol 10.2
    4. Rudy Gobert 9.3
    5. Al Horford 8.7
    6. Marcin Gortat 8.6
    7. Jonas Valanciunas 8.2
    8. Andre Drummond 7.7
    9. Brook Lopez 7
    10. Nikola Vucevic 7

JV is a very good center and has an excellent chance to move into the top 5 this year with more minutes and touches.

Also of note, I wish we had Gobert. How stupid was Denver to trade him on draft night? Extremely stupid. They got the 46th pick, Erick Green, and cash in return.
    Gobert was picked after Bebe, so here's hoping for Bebe to explode onto the scene too.

Two impact centers would certainly force teams to plan for our size.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Gobert was picked after Bebe, so here's hoping for Bebe to explode onto the scene too.

Two impact centers would certainly force teams to plan for our size.
      Biyombo has potential to be a high win share guy too with his defense. Just look at the top of the list, all great defenders.

Bebe just needs to get healthy and on the court.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I don't think you're understanding the stat.

Go back to DanH's post, #6725
        Good post! I read it. I understand the stat.

Comment

• JV has 1 Ast and 10 TO so far in preseason. This cant continue into the season. Biyombo has 3 ast and 4 TO just for comparison.
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Oct 17, 2015, 09:26 AM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            You know what stat passes the smell test much better than RPM? Win Shares. Here's the top 10 centers from last year by win share.

1. DeAndre Jordan 12.8
            2. Tyson Chandler 10.3
            3. Marc Gasol 10.2
            4. Rudy Gobert 9.3
            5. Al Horford 8.7
            6. Marcin Gortat 8.6
            7. Jonas Valanciunas 8.2
            8. Andre Drummond 7.7
            9. Brook Lopez 7
            10. Nikola Vucevic 7

JV is a very good center and has an excellent chance to move into the top 5 this year with more minutes and touches.

Also of note, I wish we had Gobert. How stupid was Denver to trade him on draft night? Extremely stupid. They got the 46th pick, Erick Green, and cash in return.
            nice to see jv ahead of drummond. their careers will be measured against each other in toronto for a while. still be nice to have drummond instead of ross though.(that's hindsight i was fine with the pick then and still have hope for ross)

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              JV has 1 Ast and 10 TO so far in preseason. This cant continue into the season. Biyombo has 3 ast and 4 TO just for comparison.
              10 turnovers over 5 games.... with 5 coming in the very first preseason game.

Yeah. Garbage.

It is a good thing JV is playing C and not PG, eh? Next thing you know we'll be judging shooting guards on shooting! Er, wait.

My bigger concern would be the FG% - 17/33 is not great for him. But he has still managed 1.42 points per shot.

Comment

JV has 1 Ast and 10 TO so far in preseason. This cant continue into the season. Biyombo has 3 ast and 4 TO just for comparison.
                I thought Pre-Season didn't matter?

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Yeah. Garbage.

It is a good thing JV is playing C and not PG, eh? Next thing you know we'll be judging shooting guards on shooting! Er, wait.

My bigger concern would be the FG% - 17/33 is not great for him. But he has still managed 1.42 points per shot.
                And this.

The first game pretty much was an outlier in terms of TO and that significantly affects the average in such a small game sample.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                nice to see jv ahead of drummond. their careers will be measured against each other in toronto for a while. still be nice to have drummond instead of ross though.(that's hindsight i was fine with the pick then and still have hope for ross)
                I'm still fine with the Ross pick (I wasn't at the time of the pick strictly because he was another SG and we might have been able to trade down for him). I do think it would have been nice to have also had Drummond as, if they couldn't co-exist on the court at the same time, either one would have made a great trade asset.
                Last edited by Just Is; Sat Oct 17, 2015, 10:14 AM.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

And this.

The first game pretty much was an outlier in terms of TO and that significantly affects the average in such a small game sample.
                  Its doesn't matter. That's why I said this cant continue into the regular season. JV is going to have a bigger role this year. I just hope he doesn't become turnover prone.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah. Garbage.

It wouldn't be a big deal if he wasn't one of our top 3 options. His going to get a lot more touches. He has to be strong and smart with the ball.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

And this.

I'm still fine with the Ross pick (I wasn't at the time of the pick strictly because he was another SG and we might have been able to trade down for him). I do think it would have been nice to have also had Drummond as, if they couldn't co-exist on the court at the same time, either one would have made a great trade asset.
                      Preseason matters selectively to guys like Christian. When Derozan plays like fucking trash, it doesnt matter. When he can use it to shit on the Derozan fanboys' favourite scapegoat, it does.

Comment

It wouldn't be a big deal if he wasn't one of our top 3 options. His going to get a lot more touches. He has to be strong and smart with the ball.
                        JV is not a primary ball handler.

He is an end of play option, not a starting one.

He should be good for 1.5 points per shot.

Assists don't matter for your C as long as he keeps the ball moving, does not hold it when the double comes, or try to go through the double.

He has 5 turnovers in his last 4 games.

Comment

JV is not a primary ball handler.

He is an end of play option, not a starting one.

He should be good for 1.5 points per shot.

Assists don't matter for your C as long as he keeps the ball moving, does not hold it when the double comes, or try to go through the double.

He has 5 turnovers in his last 4 games.
                          He got less touches in the last 4 games as well
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He got less touches in the last 4 games as well
                            So why are you shitting on his assists if his touches are decreasing?

Sounds like trolling to me.

Comment

So why are you shitting on his assists if his touches are decreasing?

Sounds like trolling to me.
                              I'm not hating on the assist it JV I don't except him to get assist his offensive awareness isn't good. I just want him to keep his turnovers down. They seem to rise with the more touches he gets. I hope that's not the case in the season cause it is only preseason
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm not hating on the assist it JV I don't except him to get assist his offensive awareness isn't good. I just want him to keep his turnovers down. They seem to rise with the more touches he gets. I hope that's not the case in the season cause it is only preseason
                                the bold is absolutely true and applies to literally every player in the world

Comment

Working...
                                X