Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    the bold is absolutely true and applies to literally every player in the world
    Yes, but just was already bad with TOs.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Yes, but just was already bad with TOs.
      No, actually.

His TO% has decreased every year in the league.

It was bad in his rookie season, no question.

But what you and a few other posters has done is not let that memory go - despite changing reality - and use a bad game as confirmation to your bias.

He had 12 games last season with more than 2 turnovers.
      He had 49 games of 1 or less turnovers.

Time to open that mind.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...rs/order/false

centers turnovers per game. no jv there. switched it to per 48 minutes also no jv there. some pretty good centers there. this actually makes it look like talking about his turnovers, i have, is moot

Comment

• I have no idea where this perception of JV being turnover prone has come from. Not a good passer doesn't mean turnover prone.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            I have no idea where this perception of JV being turnover prone has come from. Not a good passer doesn't mean turnover prone.
            Another stupid narrative
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              No, actually.

His TO% has decreased every year in the league.

It was bad in his rookie season, no question.

But what you and a few other posters has done is not let that memory go - despite changing reality - and use a bad game as confirmation to your bias.

He had 12 games last season with more than 2 turnovers.
              He had 49 games of 1 or less turnovers.

Time to open that mind.
              JV averaged 1.5 turnovers last year while having lowest usage of pretty much every starting Center in league. Now his usage is going to take a huge leap. Less hope he doesn't revert to his rookie turnover rate with all the responsibility his getting this year.

My bias isn't with JV its with the type of Center he is. I personally believe that defensive Centers have more value in today's games. All the top Centers in win share are defensive center.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Cause so far in his new role he leads are team in turnovers but, it just preseason. Nothing to worry about.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JV averaged 1.5 turnovers last year while having lowest usage of pretty much every starting Center in league. Now his usage is going to take a huge leap. Less hope he doesn't revert to his rookie turnover rate with all the responsibility his getting this year.

My bias isn't with JV its with the type of Center he is. I personally believe that defensive Centers have more value in today's games. All the top Centers in win share are defensive center.
                  You do realize that, taking the last two seasons in the NBA (2013/2014 and 2014/2015) into account, JV's 2014/2015 campaign puts him at 10th best centre via Win Share and 6th best via Win Share per 48?
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    You do realize that, taking the last two seasons in the NBA (2013/2014 and 2014/2015) into account, JV's 2014/2015 campaign puts him at 10th best centre via Win Share and 6th best via Win Share per 48?
                    Yes, in limited play. Just cause you play well in spurts doesn't mean you can do it with more minutes and more responsibility. That's why I'm not a fan of per48 stats.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lol honestly watching JV in the preseason games (from what I've seen) I get the feeling that he just wants the regular season to start

He seems happy to pop a few jumpers and post up a bit for practice but isn't really concerned with much else. I think the turnovers will be okay. One of them was when DeAndre stripped him while he was looking to pass to a teammate, and I remember another being him trying to hit CoJo on a cut to the basket but mistiming it. Not as many TOs from getting stripped by guards under the basket. I think he'll be okay. Guards probably don't want to try taking the ball from him anymore because of his vicious flying elbows from Hades
                      OG is our king

Comment

You should really do some independent fact checking before making statements. You've created a story in your imagination that just doesn't back up reality. He doesn't have the lowest usage of pretty much every starting C in the league.... nor does he have the highest TOV%.

The bold players are lower usage and higher TOV%.

Player USG% TOV%
                        Bogut 13.2 22.1
                        Noah 13.7 19.2
                        Dieng 15.0 16.9
                        Gobert 14.0 16.9
                        Biyombo 11.6 16.5
                        Cousins 34.1 16.3
                        Chandler 12.8 16.0
                        Asik 14.0 15.7
                        Len 13.7 15.7
                        Nene 21.8 15.2
                        Mosgov 16.9 14.9
                        Monroe 23.9 13.0
                        R. Lopez 15.5 12.9
                        Jordan 13.6 12.8
                        Valanciunas 19.1 12.4
                        Kanter 24.7 12.3
                        Duncan 22.2 12.2
                        M. Gasol 24.6 12.1
                        Hibbert 21.3 11.8
                        Pau Gasol 24.7 10.7
                        Gortat 17.6 10.5
                        Vucevic 26.0 10.2
                        JV has a ways to go to manage some of the usage and TO% as players such as Gasols, Horford, Brook Lopez, Jefferson but those are all seasoned veterans with a lot of experience. JV has 3 years under his belt.

The comparison of these 2 stats also neglects FGA versus FG% as shooting the ball is a great way to avoid turnovers but it is as good as a turnover if one is taking forced/bad shots or with a low FG%. When throwing in points per shot and points per possession on post ups it is important to note JV does both exceptionally well - elite in fact.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          ...When throwing in points per shot and points per possession on post ups it is important to note JV does both exceptionally well - elite in fact.
                          Yeah, but in limited usage. If he played an extra five minutes a game, those numbers would instantly turn to crap.

Comment

• JV is a 7 footer who scores at the rim. If his usage increase it shouldn't effect PPP unless defenses adjust which is what the Raptor should be trying to create. It isn't like Demars midrange which nosedives on usage

Comment

• This season is the time for Big Val to show up and be the difference maker. He got his money and now is the time to show up.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                This season is the time for Big Val to show up and be the difference maker. He got his money and now is the time to show up.
                                But but but he isn't being paid $16m this season. He should only be judged on the final year of his rookie deal.

Now where have I heard that before?

Comment

Working...
                                X