No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's also hilarious Ewing got brought up. He was one of the ugliest post players ever to play the game (out of effective post players). The standard comment in Ewing's prime was "it sure isn't pretty, but few are better at scoring down low". If JV's game resembles any one of the greats, it's Ewing.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      He also finished less than a quarter of his FGMs on putbacks, and less than a 6th on dunks (which are spread out to different types of situations, including some probably in the post). Saying he got "most of his points on putbacks and dunks" is just an ignorant comment.
      I honestly don't know where he got putbacks and dunks from. Probably FG%, JV was second in the league in that category behind Deandre. Now he is the definition of "putbacks and dunks"

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        If you're not a good finisher, having a variety of post moves really isn't that helpful. So yeah, he may not have a lot of post moves, but he is effective, which matters most. If JV actually posted up as much as the other guys, his stats may go down though.
        That's what I mean. With more touches his not going to be as efficient as he currently is. People need to take that in consideration.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• People need to recognize who is posting when responding. Take that into consideration.

Comment

• I'm going to post this again, because it seems to have been missed (and what the heck, I'll add a bold, and an underline):

DanH wrote: View Post
            He finished a full third of his possessions last year in the post - among the highest in the league (17th highest proportion of shots IIRC). Over 300 possessions, or about 4 per game. And was the most efficient player in the league in the post (except a couople guys with WAY fewer post possessions).
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              I'm going to post this again, because it seems to have been missed (and what the heck, I'll add a bold, and an underline):
              What Chr1st1anL is trying to say is that JV isn't actually efficient because he doesn't get any style points....however if he were to take long turnaround fadeaway twos he would be leading the league in style points...actual points be damned.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                That's what I mean. With more touches his not going to be as efficient as he currently is. People need to take that in consideration.
                Do you also take into consideration that it's actually possible getting him more touches could actually improve his overall game? And that even with a slight hit to efficiency it could greatly benefit the team? Nevermind that his efficiency could take a hit and he could still easily be in the same ballpark as elite players.

And do you even realize he was used quite a bit in the post last year? It wasn't a small sample size. 15th in the league in FGAs in the post out of players who played at least 50 games. In the same ballpark as Tim Duncan, Kevin Love and Brook Lopez. Again, he could take a hit and still be among the most efficient post players.

Comment

Fair enough, but I was mainly disagreeing against TRex saying Jonas doesn't know what he is doing in the post, or at least he doesn't post up from the 3 point line as much. Which is FAR from true when you look at Jonas' stats.

Also we don't know if more possessions will make his efficiency go down. Its all speculation, his efficiency could stay the same or even go up with more possessions.
                  Last edited by A.I; Sat Oct 24, 2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

It's also hilarious Ewing got brought up. He was one of the ugliest post players ever to play the game (out of effective post players). The standard comment in Ewing's prime was "it sure isn't pretty, but few are better at scoring down low". If JV's game resembles any one of the greats, it's Ewing.
                    Yikes.

No comment.

JV is way too overrated on this board lol. Hilarious.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Do you guys think JV is a better post player than Scola?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Do you guys think JV is a better post player than Scola?
                        No.

Scola > JV. It's not close.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's also hilarious Ewing got brought up. He was one of the ugliest post players ever to play the game (out of effective post players). The standard comment in Ewing's prime was "it sure isn't pretty, but few are better at scoring down low". If JV's game resembles any one of the greats, it's Ewing.
                          How is his game resembling to Ewing?! not even close.

I think the best JV can be is a Joakim Noah in his prime and I would be pretty happy if he is able to be that.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            No.

Scola > JV.
                            fixed it.

Comment

• It's JV vs. Demar...you guys are just constantly antagonizing each other. Does anyone realize they are on the same team or what? Aren't you guys tired of this nonsense yet? Is there anything else to do where you guys are or what? It's crazy. Someone says something good about JV, and the Demar guys gotta come out against it. Someone says something good about Demar, and the anti-Demar guys gotta come out against it. It's like not a single fan can say anything good about either of these guys without someone piping in an attempt to tell them their opinions are bogus...grow up fools, you should be missionaries or something. None of you have anything useful to say, just the same old crap over and over, sweet jeebus just let it go already...bunch of trolls.

Once upon a time there was always something useful to read on this site, now it's just two factions preaching for supremacy and insulting each other. Maybe I've been here too long.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                No.

Scola > JV. It's not close.
                                Anyone know where Scola is ranked in that stat?
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X