Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    HOW TO POST UP.

JV should watch this clip. This is how you post up. Barkley obviously knows what he's talking about. He absolutely nailed it. You post up JUST ]OUTSIDE THE BOX NOT CLOSE TO THE 3PT LINE.

The Raps kept trying to post up JV in the 1st half last night, but he kept posting up near the 3pt line lol. What's the point? If i'm the Raps i wouldn't give him the ball unless he's deep in the paint.

JV is in his 4th season and he still doesn't know how to post up. It's absolutely mind boggling.

Why are you completing disregarding that when the team is ready to feed him the ball he has uad deep post amd then been moved out, or that is sometimea the play the team runs, it is for encouraging back cuts.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      Re: the bold. I'm pretty sure the raptors basically do the exact opposite.
      you say he posts up at the 3pt line, I say they ignore him in deep post position until his man finally pushes him out.

I mean, do you really think any big man in the league intentionally posts up way outside? Have you ever played in the post? Do you not realize that it's a battle for position well before the ball arrives, on every single play?
      He knows the difference, but jv has better advanced statistics than demar....so anything to knock him down a notch or two.

Biggest problem with demar fanboys is they have to try and tear down other player in order to elevate demar.

Comment

Huh? what are you even talking about?

I'm talking about where to post up. Watch the vid, that's what they're explaining here.

JV most of the time posts up near the 3pt line.
        Lol!

wow...lol

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Were not talking about last year
          Jvs posting ability was questioned based on a single game as used as a basis for his entire career.

So, naturally, when a baseless claim against a player who is being shit on to prop up demar is pushed away by logic and statistics...the goalposts will get moved....

Comment

HOW TO POST UP.

JV should watch this clip. This is how you post up. Barkley obviously knows what he's talking about. He absolutely nailed it. You post up JUST ]OUTSIDE THE BOX NOT CLOSE TO THE 3PT LINE.

The Raps kept trying to post up JV in the 1st half last night, but he kept posting up near the 3pt line lol. What's the point? If i'm the Raps i wouldn't give him the ball unless he's deep in the paint.

JV is in his 4th season and he still doesn't know how to post up. It's absolutely mind boggling.

Jonas certainly has trouble posting up sometimes, wouldn't mind him watching the video at all. Wouldn't say "he doesn't know how to post up" though, that's a pretty blatant exaggeration.

He's still one of the most efficient post-up players in the league, there's no denying that.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              Jonas certainly has trouble posting up sometimes, wouldn't mind him watching the video at all. Wouldn't say "he doesn't know how to post up" though, that's a pretty blatant exaggeration.

He's still one of the most efficient post-up players in the league, there's no denying that.
              You'd be surprised.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Anyways, back to the topic.

JV should watch this clip. This is how you post up. You post up just outside the box or the paint. Not close to the 3pt line.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Anyways, back to the topic.

JV should watch this clip. This is how you post up. You post up just outside the box or the paint. Not close to the 3pt line.

Would you seriously eff off?

You don't think JV knows where the ideal post position is?

You clearly have never played the post.

You clearly have never defended the post.

You clearly have no appreciation - on offense or defense - for the nuances of playing the post.

These types of videos are produced for the lowest common denominators - just like the NFL clips where they have stolen this concept from.

I can imagine the look JV would give anyone who says, "Hey JV! Dude! You post up on the block!"

No shit man.... its just that simple..... fack, why didn't I just do that?

As I stated earlier, he had a hard time vs. Boston because:
                  1) Zeller - long, wiry, mobile - couldn't pin him.
                  2) Sullinger - fat, strong brick shithouse - couldn't hold him.

No different than the 'Po's, Joe Johnson's, Porter's of the world taking DD out of his game.

Now if it continues, I'll be the first to rag on JV about it - much as I was in the game thread - but one game does not a trend make.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

You clearly have no appreciation - on offense or defense - for the nuances of playing the post.

These types of videos are produced for the lowest common denominators - just like the NFL clips where they have stolen this concept from.

I can imagine the look JV would give anyone who says, "Hey JV! Dude! You post up on the block!"

No different than the 'Po's, Joe Johnson's, Porter's of the world taking DD out of his game.

Now if it continues, I'll be the first to rag on JV about it - much as I was in the game thread - but one game does not a trend make.
                    Exactly.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• TRex wrote:
                      Calm down man. Relax. Chill.

Before you start yapping around. Look at KHD's previous post. He started it.

If you're going to be grammar police, at least get your own words right.
                      who is being the grammar police?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

single-game trends are the reason people think derozan is great.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Were not talking about last year
                          KHD wrote: View Post
                          "we're" not talking at all. Unless you and T-rex are the same person. which would explain a lot.
                          Cheers.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Cheers.
                            lol.

Actually i was highlighting the fact that Christian wasn't even in the discussion, unless he and you were the same person which would explain why you both relentlessly defend Derozan to the point of diminishing anyone else.

Cheers.

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

Back to the topic, in this vid, Barkley and Sahq were criticizing/talking about Blake and Dwight's post up game. I think both guys are GREAT post up players, they're not McHale or Olajuwon but they're really good. Now compare Blake and Dwight's post up game to JV. I don't think it's close.

Last edited by Axel; Sat Oct 31, 2015, 07:18 PM.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

One last thing before i go. I notice that people gets upset whenever someone say negative about JV. The topic always gets derailed. It's like you're not allowed say anything negative about him lol.

Back to the topic, in this vid, Barkley and Sahq were criticizing/talking about Blake and Dwight's post up game. I think both guys are GREAT post up players, they're not McHale or Olajuwon but they're really good. Now compare Blake and Dwight's post up game to JV. I don't think it's close.
                                if you think dwight is a great post up player, i don't know what to tell you man

Comment

Working...
                                X