Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Don't see any pushing until JV starts his move in. And that push could easily be called a foul.

Again I think a lot of what isn't good here pretty clearly has to do with JV's ability from that side.
    Whether it's a foul or not. JV took a running hook from the FT line. JV is a monster he shouldnt be getting pushed out. If he took the push and went in at a better angle he likely scores and picks up the foul. Moving away he isn't getting the whistle and the shot get tougher

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Whether it's a foul or not. JV took a running hook from the FT line. JV is a monster he shouldnt be getting pushed out. If he took the push and went in at a better angle he likely scores and picks up the foul. Moving away he isn't getting the whistle and the shot get tougher
      He's fading away from Jason Smith

Comment

Yeah, it isn't a good look. I'm saying that it's pretty much the best you can hope for from JV on that side. *He was going to use his running hook, and he couldn't initiate it from where he caught the ball. The only way you usually get a better look from that side is if he's in a position to shoot off the catch. He still has really no post game from there, and hopefully this motivates him to make that his new priority. He's effective from the other side, and I think eventually his jumper will come around if he takes it more (so far he's looked a bit more comfortable taking it). It's not like they'd run plays to get him the ball there, but he still needs to be effective for random situations like what happened the other night.

For a broken play, this still could've ended up with a worse look. Honestly I'll take it over a random ISO that usually means a terrible long jumper (3pters fading left for the win!), which were the plays we were actually drawing up out of timeouts last year.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Nov 8, 2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yeah, it isn't a good look. I'm saying that it's pretty much the best you can hope for from JV on that side. *He was going to use his running hook, and he couldn't initiate it from where he caught the ball. The only way you usually get a better look from that side is if he's in a position to shoot off the catch. He still has really no post game from there, and hopefully this motivates him to make that his new priority. He's effective from the other side, and I think eventually his jumper will come around if he takes it more (so far he's looked a bit more comfortable taking it). It's not like they'd run plays to get him the ball there, but he still needs to be effective for random situations like what happened the other night.

For a broken play, this still could've ended up with a worse look. Honestly I'll take it over a random ISO that usually means a terrible long jumper (3pters fading left for the win!), which were the plays we were actually drawing up out of timeouts last year.
          If JV is used more often, he's hardly ever going to get a shot from the low block on the left side in the fourth quarter late. He needs to get used to it now. Teams don't even let Demar take the elbow shot and he sucks at those even if they are his favorite

Comment

If JV is used more often, he's hardly ever going to get a shot from the low block on the left side in the fourth quarter late. He needs to get used to it now. Teams don't even let Demar take the elbow shot and he sucks at those even if they are his favorite
            If teams start adjusting their D to make sure JV can't get it on his preferred side, it should open things up somewhere else on the floor. That's why you design plays with multiple options.

Comment

• One thing I'll say - to me, it seems like JV definitely thought he was passing out to Lowry on his first two dribbles. He wouldn't concede that ground if he thought he was posting up from the get go. That much time and on your weak side, why wouldn't you pass? It was weird Lowry told him to keep it, he's not very good/practiced from that side compared to the other.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                One thing I'll say - to me, it seems like JV definitely thought he was passing out to Lowry on his first two dribbles. He wouldn't concede that ground if he thought he was posting up from the get go. That much time and on your weak side, why wouldn't you pass? It was weird Lowry told him to keep it, he's not very good/practiced from that side compared to the other.
                I don't know. Looked to me like Lowry had already signaled him to keep it and like JV saw that. So I thought it was more to re-orient himself for a move.

There was lots that was weird on that play. DeMar passing up the layup. Lowry could've reset the play at the top when he got the ball back. They let JV take the shot but in one of the worst spots to go to him.

Still though, better look than a bunch of what we did last year late in games.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  What about DD ? He messed up and lost the ball !!! How is that related to JV ...

JV had about 10 second on the clock, against a weak defender, in a fairly good position, one-on-one and he managed to screw it up. He was given all the time and space in the world to make it happen.

Last year fans complained about him not getting the ball at the end of the game. Well, here was his chance ... He tried to get ride of it like a hot potato but was waved at , rightfully so, because of who was guarding him and his position, to make it happen and he failed.

That is the FACT around that last play.
                  Ok... Jeeez. Obviously you live in another universe, where 23 year old dudes, who have their first ever last shot opportunity in the NBA don't panic, don't fail and always end up scoring. I like the way you measure failure. Good for you.
                  And FYI no one ever complained about Jonas not getting the ball in the last 10 seconds of games last season. People complained that he didn't play in crunch time. Two different things.
                  MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

JV had about 10 second on the clock, against a weak defender, in a fairly good position, one-on-one and he managed to screw it up. He was given all the time and space in the world to make it happen.
                    Jason Smith is actually fairly solid on D in the post. Really it's the only skill he brings to the NBA.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The play was beautiful. 4 of the 5 guys on the court fucked up up.

First derozan had a free layup, then lowry had a nice looking three, then he missed a wide open Joseph, then Jv missed a last second hook shot on JASON SMITH.

That fuckup was a team effort. Very forgettable game and most lokelyw I'll never happen again. This game was an anomaly.
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        The play was beautiful. 4 of the 5 guys on the court fucked up up.

First derozan had a free layup, then lowry had a nice looking three, then he missed a wide open Joseph, then Jv missed a last second hook shot on JASON SMITH.
                        Where was the Lowry 3 opportunity? Unless he has a 0.1 second release, he's not getting a clean look versus Oladipo.

And technically, that's only 3 guys that fucked up.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Where was the Lowry 3 opportunity? Unless he has a 0.1 second release, he's not getting a clean look versus Oladipo.

And technically, that's only 3 guys that fucked up.
                          My bad, meant lowry layup. When he drove to the rim right before the pass to Jv. He had a pretty clean look at the basket.

And technically, why u nitpicking my rants bro

It's still a team fuckup regardless
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            And technically, why u nitpicking my rants bro

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Jason Smith is actually fairly solid on D in the post. Really it's the only skill he brings to the NBA.
                              He's avg to a bit below if he were better he would get minutes over Dedmon. Not Kanter bad but he shouldn't be bothering JV, 2Pats and Bennet but not JV

Comment

• He got spanked tonight by the Rookie ... Not good.

Comment

Working...
                                X