No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okafor takes 25 possessions to get 26 points, is a -20, grabs 7 boards in 33 minutes, while JV puts up 11 and 12 on 8 possessions with a +20 in only 22 minutes... And JV got spanked by the rookie? Keep in mind, rookie that he is, JV was the only guy on our team that was matched up against an actual NBA player.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Okafor takes 25 possessions to get 26 points, is a -20, grabs 7 boards in 33 minutes, while JV puts up 11 and 12 on 8 possessions with a +20 in only 22 minutes... And JV got spanked by the rookie? Keep in mind, rookie that he is, JV was the only guy on our team that was matched up against an actual NBA player.
      Fair enough. But this does seem a weak use of a +/- stat. His being the only actual NBA player on the floor.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
        Fair enough. But this does seem a weak use of a +/- stat. His being the only actual NBA player on the floor.
        Biggest take-away is that it take 4 games for JV to get as many FGA as Okafor gets in 1

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Biggest take-away is that it take 4 games for JV to get as many FGA as Okafor gets in 1
          pound the rock

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
            He got spanked tonight by the Rookie ... Not good.
            Trolling ... Not good.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just saw that JV's usage this season is exactly the same as it was last year at 19.1 percent. So much for being utilized more...

Comment

• Vykis wrote: View Post
                Just saw that JV's usage this season is exactly the same as it was last year at 19.1 percent. So much for being utilized more...
                I posted this in another thread, but thought it may be best to place it here instead....

I dunno..... I was thinking about this.

Maybe JV just doesn't want the ball as much as we all think he does. Seriously, he just signed a huge contract. He's technically going to be the highest paid player on the team now.....for now. Why not show that it bothers you....I've seen plenty of C's like Shaq, DMC, the list goes on..... get upset and/or DEMAND the ball. Technically, he's the biggest guy on the team.

I just don't see that side from JV. Am I just missing these moments?

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                  I posted this in another thread, but thought it may be best to place it here instead....

Maybe JV just doesn't want the ball as much as we all think he does. Seriously, he just signed a huge contract. He's technically going to be the highest paid player on the team now.....for now. Why not show that it bothers you....I've seen plenty of C's like Shaq, DMC, the list goes on..... get upset and/or DEMAND the ball. Technically, he's the biggest guy on the team.

You want him to be more like DMC? I think Jonas is more of a silent type person rather than a drama queen. It's good for the team chemistry. Also, I think he plays it smart and patiently, you don't want to have a beef with your head coach who clearly makes some of his decisions from like/ dislike point of view. Casey has a lot of favoritism in himself and guys like Jonas and most importantly - JJ, are not in his favorites list. If it weren't for Ujiri, Jonas would still be running around the 3 pt line trying to hedge and would miss most of the 4th quarters.
                  MeDar ReDozan

Comment

I see it as less of he doesn't want the ball and more of he doesn't argue with Casey about wanting the ball more.

Comment

• Play JV with the second unit more. Nobody there seems to want the ball except CoJo and Bismack

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Play JV with the second unit more. Nobody there seems to want the ball except CoJo and Bismack
                        Agreed, if he gets all of Biyombo's touches, he would be averaging 20+.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                          You want him to be more like DMC? I think Jonas is more of a silent type person rather than a drama queen. It's good for the team chemistry. Also, I think he plays it smart and patiently, you don't want to have a beef with your head coach who clearly makes some of his decisions from like/ dislike point of view. Casey has a lot of favoritism in himself and guys like Jonas and most importantly - JJ, are not in his favorites list. If it weren't for Ujiri, Jonas would still be running around the 3 pt line trying to hedge and would miss most of the 4th quarters.
                          It's not about being a drama queen. It's about doing what's best for the team.

What's best for the team is that JV takes more shots...... at least that's what my common sense tells me. Why should he care what Casey thinks now? Do you honestly believe Casey can bench Jonas after Ujiri just gave him that contract?? I think that would be a very quick way for Casey to get fired......

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            I see it as less of he doesn't want the ball and more of he doesn't argue with Casey about wanting the ball more.
                            I dunno..... I know i'd be super pissed if I was him. Nobody likes losing, especially when Biz and other players are getting more touches than the soon to be highest paid player on the team. I don't see how anyone would even argue with him.....he's shooting like 62%!!

Comment

This can't be right. JV's always asking for the ball and when he gets the ball, he isn't looking to pass lol. He just isn't the type to shout, yell and demand the ball that way.

Comment

I dunno..... I know i'd be super pissed if I was him. Nobody likes losing, especially when Biz and other players are getting more touches than the soon to be highest paid player on the team. I don't see how anyone would even argue with him.....he's shooting like 62%!!
                                JV: Hey guys I think it is good idea to give me ball-

Casey: Shut up JV

JV:
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X