No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many games was it before Casey decided he preferred to play BISMACK "CHARLOTTE COULDN'T BE BOTHERED" BIYOMBO for an entire half of basketball over JV?

Jonas has needed to grow by playing through 4th quarters and Jonas also needs to grow by going head to head with guys like Cousins. Quit sheltering the man.

Mind you putting Biyombo in the post makes it a lot easier for the guards to take all the shats. Mo' shats!!
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Casey instead tries to match the team by going small and gets destroyed.
      Did i miss something? Can a team beat GSW by just going big? lol

GSW is just a really good team and they force you to go small or get run out the gym......either way you most likely lose the game. However, never say never. We did beat the Bulls in 1995-96....and those Bulls went 72-10.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yup. If that happens again at GSW, I'm kind of hoping I can find a GSW feed for the game. The most entertaining part of our game against them last year was their announcers spending a good chunk of the broadcast mocking Casey and basically calling him an idiot because he tried to match up small (with Bogut out on top of it).
        I'm not usually one to root against my own team, but I'll find it pretty damn funny if Luke The Rookie Interim Walton manages to outcoach Dwane 49 Wins Casey.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          I'm not usually one to root against my own team, but I'll find it pretty damn funny if Luke The Rookie Interim Walton manages to outcoach Dwane 49 Wins Casey.
          LOL

I could coach the GSW to a victory. So could you. Those players know exactly what to do now...

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

GSW is just a really good team and they force you to go small or get run out the gym......either way you most likely lose the game. However, never say never. We did beat the Bulls in 1995-96....and those Bulls went 72-10.
            Well at the moment nobody is beating GS, regardless of how you play, so there's no evidence one way or the other, but Memphis was giving them a good series last year before injuries hit. You're best off sticking with your own strengths, imho. The Raptors won't beat them at their own game, that's for sure.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              special1 wrote: View Post
              LOL

I could coach the GSW to a victory. So could you. Those players know exactly what to do now...
              That's not what I'm talking about when I use the term "outcoach."

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

You have that kind of backwards though.

GSW tries to force you to go small because you cannot beat them going small. If you go small, they've basically already won. The biggest hole on their team is a lack of size/depth at the big spots.

You don't beat them "just by going big", but if you've chosen to not even really try, you're done. Beating them going small would be a fluke for pretty much any team. It would likely mean GSW loses the game, not the other team winning. Even elite teams are bound to put up a couple of stinkers in a season.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  You have that kind of backwards though.

GSW tries to force you to go small because you cannot beat them going small. If you go small, they've basically already won. The biggest hole on their team is a lack of size/depth at the big spots.

You don't beat them "just by going big", but if you've chosen to not even really try, you're done. Beating them going small would be a fluke for pretty much any team. It would likely mean GSW loses the game, not the other team winning. Even elite teams are bound to put up a couple of stinkers in a season.
                  Cavs used TT to kill them on boards. Stay big, contain Curry, play slow and use zone. Might not win but they wont score 130

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Cavs used TT to kill them on boards. Stay big, contain Curry, play slow and use zone. Might not win but they wont score 130
                    Mozgov also had huge games against them. The rest of the team was just too thin.

GS is very good, they also had the best health of any contender last year and basically the easiest road possible for a WC contender (using the term "easiest" within context). The Cavs only had half a team by the finals. That series would have been a lot tighter if the Cavs were as healthy, and I'd put money on the Cavs winning if you reversed the health situation of the two rosters.

All that's moot for the Raptors, who are at least two tiers below these teams.

Comment

• Watch Casey go small again with Biyombo and the Warriors will figure it a million times faster than the Kings that they don't have to defend him.

Comment

• Unfortunately, it seems that JV has no choice but to play well if he wants any playing time. I can't say the same for others on this team.
                        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                          Unfortunately, it seems that JV has no choice but to play well if he wants any playing time. I can't say the same for others on this team.
                          Whether he plays well or not Raptors need his rebounding, his rim protection and his ability to draw defenders and score. He may not be able to give you all 4 but there is no one else

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Whether he plays well or not Raptors need his rebounding, his rim protection and his ability to draw defenders and score. He may not be able to give you all 4 but there is no one else
                            Biyombo can, but obviously not long periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Biyombo can, but obviously not long periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Only 2 out of 4. Hes also more likely to foul and send guys to the line

Comment

• Also, Biyombo is more mobile and has better springs, but JV is a good post defender, has been a very solid presence in the key this season, and offers good FG% defence. This is not like picking between Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers. JV can play defence.

Comment

Working...
                                X