Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    I caught him having a threeway with Alan Anderson and John Salmons.

Comment

got damn. thats the worst man. you should try to get with JV, just to piss him off.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I will never get this imagery out of my head.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just 5 FGA in the game and only 2 in the second half. That's unacceptable, yet not surprising AT ALL.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Just 5 FGA in the game and only 2 in the second half. That's unacceptable, yet not surprising AT ALL.
            He did have 3 blocks which was nice
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Just 5 FGA in the game and only 2 in the second half. That's unacceptable, yet not surprising AT ALL.
              He's treated like a kid playing basketball with adults. They give him the ball every now and then just because it's the nice thing to do but then ignore him the rest of the way
              OG is our king

Comment

If Casey's back next year, part of me hopes JV's traded. It's just too frustrating watching his talent be so disrespected. Watching the games was much more enjoyable for me when he was injured.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  If Casey's back next year, part of me hopes JV's traded. It's just too frustrating watching his talent be so disrespected. Watching the games was much more enjoyable for me when he was injured.
                  I understand, I just don't want the Raps to have to play against JV when he's in an offense where he's getting touches and playing engaged. He'd be a scary player in an offense that ran through him.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Interesting read on Jv and his progress defensively

Over time, Valanciunas has become more comfortable being the voice at the back of the defence. After committing to four more years of Valanciunas in the off-season, the Raptors badly need him to become a more capable defensive player; that was always the biggest question with the US$64-million extension he received. It is likely the biggest reason Valanciunas’s primary backup, Bismack Biyombo, has become so popular lately: He can do things that the starter cannot.
                    It is obvious that Biyombo has more natural defensive skills than Valanciunas. Biyombo is the quicker, more instinctual player, and he can use those attributes both in pick-and-roll schemes and at the rim, contesting shots. Over Valanciunas’s first three years, the Raptors became familiar enough with his limitations that they are asking him to do far less on defence this year. He hangs back in the paint whenever possible, instead of hedging hard and trapping the ball handler. For the most part, it is working: Going into Sunday’s 115-113 loss to the Chicago Bulls, the Raptors were actually slightly better defensively with Valanciunas on the floor than Biyombo, although the difference was negligible.
                    When Valanciunas looks bad on defence, though, he looks really bad. One of those instances came just after Christmas in Chicago. It was Valanciunas’s first game back after a long absence caused by a broken bone in his hand, and it went poorly. The Bulls repeatedly put Valanciunas in pick-and-roll coverage, using his conservative play against him. Pau Gasol launched uncontested jumpers at will because Valanciunas was so concerned about Aaron Brooks blowing right by him for a layup.
                    http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...defensive-game
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Interesting read on Jv and his progress defensively
                      The 2nd paragraph seems slightly disingenuous with the lines "Over Valanciunas’s first three years, the Raptors became familiar enough with his limitations that they are asking him to do far less on defence this year. He hangs back in the paint whenever possible, instead of hedging hard and trapping the ball handler."

They make it sound like it is an adaption because JV isn't good enough, but really it was a schematic change that was long over-due and follows suit with a lot of the NBA.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                        He's treated like a kid playing basketball with adults. They give him the ball every now and then just because it's the nice thing to do but then ignore him the rest of the way
                        This might be the most accurate analogy.

Scola has surpassed him in the pecking order it seems. And that's just sad.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          This might be the most accurate analogy.

Scola has surpassed him in the pecking order it seems. And that's just sad.
                          52% of Lowry's passes this season have gone to two players. Scola and DeMar.

51% of DeMar's passes this season have gone to two players. Scola and Lowry.

65% of Scola's passes this season have gone to two players. DeMar and Lowry.

We run a 3 man offense, unfortunately JV isn't one of those three players.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            The 2nd paragraph seems slightly disingenuous with the lines "Over Valanciunas’s first three years, the Raptors became familiar enough with his limitations that they are asking him to do far less on defence this year. He hangs back in the paint whenever possible, instead of hedging hard and trapping the ball handler."

They make it sound like it is an adaption because JV isn't good enough, but really it was a schematic change that was long over-due and follows suit with a lot of the NBA.
                            I love how the article just glosses over the fact that team defence is better with JV on the floor than it is with BB. Can't spend too much time on that tidbit, seeing as how it destroys the whole thesis and all.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              I love how the article just glosses over the fact that team defence is better with JV on the floor than it is with BB. Can't spend too much time on that tidbit, seeing as how it destroys the whole thesis and all.
                              Last line of the 2nd paragraph (of the quoted post) does say it, although it's negligible.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                52% of Lowry's passes this season have gone to two players. Scola and DeMar.

51% of DeMar's passes this season have gone to two players. Scola and Lowry.

65% of Scola's passes this season have gone to two players. DeMar and Lowry.

We run a 3 man offense, unfortunately JV isn't one of those three players.
                                Nice stat. Would the fact that he's missed half their games have something to do with this?

Comment

Working...
                                X