Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    He doesn't make decisions quick enough or see the floor well enough to be used the way either Pau or Scola are imo. In time I think he can, but he just seems too slow and not nearly "crafty" enough at this stage of his career.
    LJ2 we have been wanting JV to have a larger role in the offense for 2 years so that one day he can.

When the fuck will people stop with the "he's not ready yet" and realize he has been ready to be put in those situations for years and that we are fucking stupidly coached for not doing it.

The offense needs to be designed around JV for us to make the next step as an organization.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      LJ2 we have been wanting JV to have a larger role in the offense for 2 years so that one day he can.

When the fuck will people stop with the "he's not ready yet" and realize he has been ready to be put in those situations for years and that we are fucking stupidly coached for not doing it.

The offense needs to be designed around JV for us to make the next step as an organization.
      and furthermore, even if he's not totally ready to be great at this aspect yet, how the fuck do people expect him to get ready?

Comment

• I'm all for using JV more on offense, but the idea of using him like Pau or Griffin is a bit much.

His strengths are in the LOW post (as opposed to waiting for him to get pushed out and then passing to him) and scoring on a roll to the basket. I'd like to see him involved in those ways first before we see him in situations where he has to make the best decision from multiple options, like getting the ball at the elbow.

Also, please pass to him when he's open for a dump off beside the basket. It's frustrating when that doesn't happen.
        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
          I'm all for using JV more on offense, but the idea of using him like Pau or Griffin is a bit much.

His strengths are in the LOW post (as opposed to waiting for him to get pushed out and then passing to him) and scoring on a roll to the basket. I'd like to see him involved in those ways first before we see him in situations where he has to make the best decision from multiple options, like getting the ball at the elbow.

Also, please pass to him when he's open for a dump off beside the basket. It's frustrating when that doesn't happen.
          Second paragraph: I'm of the opinion that the only way this team as constructed competes is if he becomes a star. So i say give him the trial by fire, put him in situations. He's a good kid with tons of talent, he'll learn. And if you trade a few regular season wins for it that's more than fair IMO.

Bolded: This team in general has a problem with not turning down decent shots in favor of great ones. And it seems to only get magnified with JV.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            shot blocking is hugely overrated.
            True, it helps if the ball stays in bounds, it is basically useless if it the ball goes out of bounds, and the team scores after in bounding.

Comment

• Use him like Drummond, not Pau.

He isn't a good passer but he's a safe passer and that's probably the next best thing.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Use him like Drummond, not Pau.

He isn't a good passer but he's a safe passer and that's probably the next best thing.
                I think the most important point that most of us agree on is 'use him'. We just don't do that enough.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• The comps for his production to date is impressive. Give him greater opportunity and I'm confident he will produce at a very high level.

For anyone who is new or needed a refresh.
                  http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...295#post366295

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I completely understand the frustration that many here have and let me just say that if the offence was designed around JV, I think he would produce at a high level. Like 20 and 10 with high fg%. But I also think that style of offence is no longer a winning style in the NBA. At least not in the playoffs.I think you get run out of the gym with that style now.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I completely understand the frustration that many here have and let me just say that if the offence was designed around JV, I think he would produce at a high level. Like 20 and 10 with high fg%. But I also think that style of offence is no longer a winning style in the NBA. At least not in the playoffs.I think you get run out of the gym with that style now.
                      4 out offence would disagree. Lots of 3s, and shots at the rim. All depends on having cohesiveness with your players strengths and the system.

Comment

• JV allowed 122pts tonight. Trade this bum
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          JV allowed 122pts tonight. Trade this bum
                          And Probably for his own good. He will achieve nothing with the coach like Casey and this team cause he is not being effectively utilized. Although of course JV himself is not perfect defensively he always had problems, he will be overpaid and so overrated if he doesn't improve next season. Again as a starter he doesn't perform that much better than Biyombo.

Comment

• Modeliukas wrote: View Post
                            And Probably for his own good. He will achieve nothing with the coach like Casey and this team cause he is not being effectively utilized. Although of course JV himself is not perfect defensively he always had problems, he will be overpaid and so overrated if he doesn't improve next season. Again as a starter he doesn't perform that much better than Biyombo.
                            i suggest you go look at the "Biyombo Effect" thread before you spout off more of this bullshit.

Comment

• So what's JV rim protection is like? Opp. FG% at the rim?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                So what's JV rim protection is like? Opp. FG% at the rim?
                                Not great this year - he still contests a huge number of shots, so his points saved is still decent, but his opponent Fg% is sky high - probably a statistical blip that will go away due to the small sample so far, because last year in a much larger sample he held opponents below 50% (he's up closer to 60% this year).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X