• axel wrote: View Post
    better by what metric?
    #respecttherecord
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      #respecttherecord
      We're 1-0 in games in which Bruno plays so far this season, obviously he should be starting. #RespecttheRecord
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Spurs are running a big front right now to counter small teams
        Pop, is so bad ass. He's playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Comment

• Everyone here should listen to this week episode of "The Association" at the 15 min mark they discuss the BB/JV scenario.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I have but, JV hasn't been better with the starters either this year. We were 8-6 before JV got hurt and playing the best basketball of his career. Raptors have tried but, if they really plan on going all in on the KL/DD tandem. JV just doesn't fit.
            He wouldn't fit anywhere successfully the way he's being used. He has all the skills to help this team win though if he was used differently.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Jonas actually compares pretty favorably to Aldridge as well. Jonas' shooting numbers so far this season are insane from midrange. 70% from 10-16 ft, 58% from 16-23ft.
              I wanna chalk that up to small sample size, since he rarely gets the ball. At the same time he needs it more.
              OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                I wanna chalk that up to small sample size, since he rarely gets the ball. At the same time he needs it more.
                You know, you can make the sample size argument for a lot of Jonas stats, but here's the question...

Where are the small sample size stats that make Jonas look bad?

Because almost all the ones I see are ridiculously good small sample size stats, and that just tells me he needs to do those things more.

Comment

Everyone here should listen to this week episode of "The Association" at the 15 min mark they discuss the BB/JV scenario.
                  What is that? Never heard of it.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    He wouldn't fit anywhere successfully the way he's being used. He has all the skills to help this team win though if he was used differently.
                    The thing is you cant give him that usage when his such a liability on D. People are going to say what about DD? JV being a liability on D is way more of a problem than DD. Like it or not C position is way more important on D than SG. His suppose to be the anchor of this defense but, players are shooting over 60% at rim when his defending. His basically giving back everything he just did on O.

You can say the exact opposite about BB but, BB's offense is getting better. While JV's D is getting worse.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      What is that? Never heard of it.
                      Its Podcast sponsored by Sportsnet. They talk raptors and NBA. More so Raptors stuff. Good listen. Can be found on iTunes
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The thing is you cant give him that usage when his such a liability on D. People are going to say what about DD? JV being a liability on D is way more of a problem than DD. Like it or not C position is way more important on D than SG. His suppose to be the anchor of this defense but, players are shooting over 60% at rim when his defending. His basically giving back everything he just did on O.

You can say the exact opposite about BB but, BB's offense is getting better. While JV's D is getting worse.
                        Clearly, DD's defense isn't an issue. He did such an excellent job defending JR Smith last night, I can't believe JV let them shoot 17/33 on three pointers.

What was your argument exactly?

Comment

You know, you can make the sample size argument for a lot of Jonas stats, but here's the question...

Where are the small sample size stats that make Jonas look bad?

Because almost all the ones I see are ridiculously good small sample size stats, and that just tells me he needs to do those things more.
                          no. it tells you that the limited sample size information is largely unreliable to predict any sort of trend or outcome.

tyler hansbrough currently shoots 100% from downtown this season. HE SHOULD SHOOT MORE!

Comment

Clearly, DD's defense isn't an issue. He did such an excellent job defending JR Smith last night, I can't believe JV let them shoot 17/33 on three pointers.

What was your argument exactly?
                            I'm not talking about last night's game. I'm talking about in general. it wasn't just 3s either. Cavs got what ever they wanted last night. When BB in the game at least you know no layups will be given but, same cant be said about JV.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm not talking about last night's game. I'm talking about in general. it wasn't just 3s either. Cavs got what ever they wanted last night. When BB in the game at least you know no layups will be given but, same cant be said about JV.
                              They only scored 40 points in the paint last night. For the firepower on Cleveland, holding them to 40 in the paint is perfectly reasonable.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                                , since he rarely gets the ball. At the same time he needs it more.
                                How many touches do you want him to get per game. I don't think Jonas is ready to take on this kind of leadership role.. Also would the game improve if we give him more attention cause at the end of the day he still struggles on Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X