Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    The only way for raps to be successful is for them to be an elite defensive team. They just don't have the talent level to be that elite on offense.
    The Raptors right now are a better offensive team than a defensive one.

Idk how else to say this but we're sort of a "fake" good defensive team. Like our raw PPG allowed is near the lowest because we play at a snail's pace (27th in the NBA). But our actual dRTG (points allowed per 100 possessions) is average at 14th in the NBA.

Comment

The only way for raps to be successful is for them to be an elite defensive team. They just don't have the talent level to be that elite on offense.
      We don't have the talent to be elite on defense either.

We have the talent to be top 10 in both though.

So why not put someone to better use who already is out there for 25 minutes a game? If anything its going to give lowry and demar a break so that they have more energy on the defensive end.

If JV feels more involved he'll probably play harder on defense too.

Bam, improves offense and defense all in one little adjustment

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        The Raptors right now are a better offensive team than a defensive one.

Idk how else to say this but we're sort of a "fake" good defensive team.
        Like our raw PPG allowed is near the lowest because we play at a snail's pace (27th in the NBA). But our actual dRTG (points allowed per 100 possessions) is average at 14th in the NBA.
        You can tell by watching the games too. It just doesn't seem like they're cohesive at all on defense. A lot of mistakes, by many of the players.
        OG is our king

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
          We don't have the talent to be elite on defense either.

We have the talent to be top 10 in both though.

So why not put someone to better use who already is out there for 25 minutes a game? If anything its going to give lowry and demar a break so that they have more energy on the defensive end.

If JV feels more involved he'll probably play harder on defense too.

Bam, improves offense and defense all in one little adjustment
          He's a slow and heavy guy now. It sucks watching him have to run up and down the court and not really touch the ball, basically accepting that he's there to clean up Kyle and DeMar's misses. As someone mentioned above, he crashes the offensive glass, and since he can't change ends very quickly he often has to exert a lot of energy to catch up with his man back on defense.
          OG is our king

Comment

Well its not cause of JV who is allowing over 60% at the rim. It has a lot to do with BB seeing that his our best rim protector by far.
            Last season jv allowed 46% at the rim, and I think was top 10 in that category. Can't give him the benefit of doubt considering he's coming off an injury?
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Last season jv allowed 46% at the rim, and I think was top 10 in that category. Can't give him the benefit of doubt considering he's coming off an injury?
              A lot of the anti-JV crowd coincides with the pro-Casey/pro-DeMar crowd. So I'm sure a lot of them feel like if they admit JV isn't an awful defender, they'll be forced to confront the possibility that our starting backcourt isn't good defensively.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Was he doing a better job of it before the injury? If he was than I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  A lot of the anti-JV crowd coincides with the pro-Casey/pro-DeMar crowd. So I'm sure a lot of them feel like if they admit JV isn't an awful defender, they'll be forced to confront the possibility that our starting backcourt isn't good defensively.
                  What's with the constant desire to group posters?

What about the pro-Lowry crowd? Oh don't forget the pro-Ross crowd and its 3 members. We certainly know there is a pro-JV crowd.

Divide and conquer?

We're all Raptor fans. Just because someone has a liking for a player, doesn't automatically mean they don't like another player. Some of us like all the players on the team. Just some more than others.

Really wish you'd stop this us against them thing you have going on. We each have our own opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Except Lowry is good defensively. Very good in some areas, and overall very good for a PG, His big weakness is perimeter d.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Except Lowry is good defensively. Very good in some areas, and overall very good for a PG, His big weakness is perimeter d.
                      Lowry healthy and rested is a pretty solid defender. Unfortunately we haven't seen that Lowry in about a month.

Comment

Lowry healthy and rested is a pretty solid defender. Unfortunately we haven't seen that Lowry in about a month.
                        Disagree. Lowry does a lot of little things YOU don't see.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Disagree. Lowry does a lot of little things YOU don't see.
                          Uhh... thank you for telling me what I do and don't see? Lowry has lost a step in the last month, on both ends. You can see it in pretty much every statistical category and in watching game tapes.

Comment

Healthy Lowry is one of the best defensive PGs in the league.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Uhh... thank you for telling me what I do and don't see? Lowry has lost a step in the last month, on both ends. You can see it in pretty much every statistical category and in watching game tapes.
                              You were the one that said we haven't seen that. I have.

Comment

You were the one that said we haven't seen that. I have.
                                I was saying that from a statistical standpoint, in the last month, Lowry just hasn't been the same player offensively or defensively. And look at it, statistically, it's pretty indisputable.

Comment

Working...
                                X