Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    The Raptors right now are a better offensive team than a defensive one.

Idk how else to say this but we're sort of a "fake" good defensive team. Like our raw PPG allowed is near the lowest because we play at a snail's pace (27th in the NBA). But our actual dRTG (points allowed per 100 possessions) is average at 14th in the NBA.
    Interesting point.

But (not to be "au contraire) isn't the snail's pace thing the very idea? Cause we're still scoring enough at that pace to have a good differential (and, assumedly, not getting eaten alive in transition)?

Comment

• Please Casey don't make Valanciunas big again. He looks much better and quicker with all this burned fat.

Comment

• Modeliukas wrote: View Post
        Please Casey don't make Valanciunas big again. He looks much better and quicker with all this burned fat.
        Looks the same to me.

Comment

• Modeliukas wrote: View Post
          Please Casey don't make Valanciunas big again. He looks much better and quicker with all this burned fat.
          SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Looks the same to me.
          He's been listed at 255 this season and last. Year before that he was listed at 230. I wonder what his actual weight changes have been.

230, btw, is pretty damn light for a seven footer.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Since im on the phone check out this bbalbreakdown vid of why the post up will never die, and actually be more important with a 3pt shooting offense.

Ive been saying this for quite a while now and glad someone went through the numbers.

https://youtu.be/RZyS96tpaCA

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Since im on the phone check out this bbalbreakdown vid of why the post up will never die, and actually be more important with a 3pt shooting offense.

Ive been saying this for quite a while now and glad someone went through the numbers.

This came up before (and I want to say it was either written by Lowe or was on Grantland). The post up game does open up 3 point shooting.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Since im on the phone check out this bbalbreakdown vid of why the post up will never die, and actually be more important with a 3pt shooting offense.

Just Is wrote: View Post
                This came up before (and I want to say it was either written by Lowe or was on Grantland). The post up game does open up 3 point shooting.
                4 out offence with JV ala SVG is a successful scheme in the modern NBA.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Pretty sure I found it (haven't reread it to verify though). And I was right on both counts ... it was written by Lowe AND on Grantland.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    4 out offence with JV ala SVG is a successful scheme in the modern NBA.
                    It's funny cause we go the opposite way with Scola/Derozan/James Johnson in the starting lineup

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                      It's funny cause we go the opposite way with Scola/Derozan/James Johnson in the starting lineup
                      Dwane Casey loves to pack the paint... on D and on O.

It's a "5-in".

god damnit...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        Dwane Casey loves to pack the paint... on D and on O.

It's a "5-in".

god damnit...
                        4 in/1 out.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          He's been listed at 255 this season and last. Year before that he was listed at 230. I wonder what his actual weight changes have been.

On his first this season opening game he was bigger.. Now when the injury happened he was doing quite a lot of cardio, the change is obviously not that big but you can see it,For those who have good eyes

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I mean, he was a little chunkier for a spell, but he's been in the 250 range in every NBA season save his rookie year I'd say. He's a big-bodied strongman centre that is slowly but surely on his way to elite fitness for that body type, we can only hope.

This is his pretty much his playing weight, and has been for a while, the real question is what he becomes able to do with it - refined skills, quicker feet, all-round veteran prowess.

So happy he's back.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              Assuming JV can pass out of the post when the defense collapses. Which, and this is purely based on eye test, I dont think he has mastered just yet.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                                Assuming JV can pass out of the post when the defense collapses. Which, and this is purely based on eye test, I dont think he has mastered just yet.
                                Most of his minutes he plays without shooters on the floor though. Especially with Carroll out. The only shooter on the floor for the majority of his minutes is Lowry, and it's a lot easier to guard 1 shooter than 4.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X