Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Would be my guess, if we're going to play Ross/PPat/JV together, my preferred group would definitely be Lowry/Ross/Carroll/Pat/JV. I like Ross better at the 2 anyways, because he can be swapped onto the better guard to let Lowry save energy for offense.
    Are you seriously suggesting Ross should supplant DeMar on the starting unit. Aside from other factors, many of them, are we going to ignore the article posted in the DD thread about how DeMar creates as much space as just about any 3 pt shooter, because of his motion and fear that opponents have of his game in motion.

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
      Are you seriously suggesting Ross should supplant DeMar on the starting unit. Aside from other factors, many of them, are we going to ignore the article posted in the DD thread about how DeMar creates as much space as just about any 3 pt shooter, because of his motion and fear that opponents have of his game in motion.
      I wasn't suggesting Ross supplant DeMar in the starting lineup. Where did I say that? I said if you're going to play Ross, 2Pat and JV together, that's the best lineup in my opinion for that. That's all. And the idea of DeMar's motion I broke down in that thread and pointed out that it was based on a flawed stat.(not to mention that the example they used was a lineup without any 3 point shooters, so of course the Cavs were guarding DeMar at the 3point line in that situation)
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Would be my guess, if we're going to play Ross/PPat/JV together, my preferred group would definitely be Lowry/Ross/Carroll/Pat/JV. I like Ross better at the 2 anyways, because he can be swapped onto the better guard to let Lowry save energy for offense.
        That would be the best way to work around it.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

For someone who doesn't get a lot of touches JV had 6 turnovers vs the Wizards tonight.

He did have 3 assists and 4 blocks which is good.

Tough offensive game (7 pts) on 1/4 fg and tough rebounding game (3 rbs)

30 minutes played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by special1; Fri Jan 8, 2016, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            For someone who doesn't get a lot of touches JV had 6 turnovers vs the Wizards tonight.

30 minutes played

It's frustrating that he plays so many of his minutes without us having the shooters to spread the floor around him. So many of his touches end with the defense collapsing on him. His elbow game was on point tonight, 2 assists from there and made some solid plays.

Comment

30 minutes played

Serious question: did you watch the game? Do you know where those turnovers came from?
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Serious question: did you watch the game? Do you know where those turnovers came from?
                From all over (I know he stepped out of bounds at least once, offensive fouls, etc.)...

6 turnovers though... How?

So some turnovers don't count when it's JV.... Got it!

I apologize if this was a legitimate question.

Last edited by special1; Fri Jan 8, 2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

From all over (I know he stepped out of bounds at least once, offensive fouls, etc.)...

So some turnovers don't count when it's JV.... Got it!

I apologize if this was a legitimate question.

'For someone who doesn't get a lot of touches...' implies the turnovers came off of his touches. They did not.
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• 6 turnovers for JV tonight and 3 rebs is unacceptable. He even played 30min So I dont know whats up with him this game
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      'For someone who doesn't get a lot of touches...' implies the turnovers came off of his touches. They did not.
                      So he didn't get any turnovers from his touches? Is that what your saying?

Comment

So he didn't get any turnovers from his touches? Is that what your saying?

Not 6. Not even close.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Player tracking notes for tonight...

We went 10/24 on uncontested shots tonight, seems like we're missing a lot of these in a lot of games lately. Ross had 12 front court touches tonight. Val actually was at 40, third straight game over 40 frontcourt touches. Don't have data on how many of those were above the 3pt line, still feel like he gets too many out there.

Val also only had 7 rebounding chances tonight, he wasn't in position for many, by the looks of things.

DeMar had 66 touches tonight, only passed the ball on 25 of them. First time this season I've seen him below 50% of his touches being passes. He shot well enough tonight though, so he made the touches count anyways.

Comment

• One additional player tracking note, the Wizards only hit 17/45 uncontested shots tonight. Hard to say we defended them that well when over 60% of their FGA were uncontested.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Not 6. Not even close.
                              You watched the game. So how much?

Listen... 6 turnovers is unacceptable. Stop the excuses.

Comment

• I just put those last two posts in the wrong thread, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X