X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    As it stands right now though, I'd probably let him walk this off season
    Me too.

I'm just not sold that he can continue at this pace. My fear is that he reverts back to very good poster instead of the elite that we're currently getting.

You think he'll take 6th man money?

Gotta give the MAX to someone like Weltman instead (even though it's a pipe dream).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Also Casey hasn't once held DanH accountable no matter what he's posted.

#CantheCase
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• We did this bit already guys.

Still, colour me flattered.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          We did this bit already guys.

Still, colour me flattered.
          What bit? What do you think the likes are for? Internet points? They're your paycheques stupid.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            What bit? What do you think the likes are for? Internet points? They're your paycheques stupid.
            And here I am giving likes away to you guys like an idiot.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• On topic, loved JV's aggressive play tonight. He went at Jordan constantly, and effectively.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Does anyone know what's up with Lowry and Valanciunas? Why is our PG not feeding the center as he should? Moreover, why is KL much better at finding BB than JV? I don't have the stats but I would bet that, despite playing fewer minutes together, more of KL's assists go to BB than JV.

Comment

• Karys wrote: View Post
                  Does anyone know what's up with Lowry and Valanciunas? Why is our PG not feeding the center as he should? Moreover, why is KL much better at finding BB than JV?
                  Defenses ignore Bismack, simply put. It's easier to find a guy who's not being guarded.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    On topic, loved JV's aggressive play tonight. He went at Jordan constantly, and effectively.
                    One thing I noticed developmentally is JV is getting better at going up with the ball away from the defender, allowing him to get his shot off without being blocked.

Before he would go straight up

Since it is relatively new we could see some bumps in the road but it is a very good sign to see

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      One thing I noticed developmentally is JV is getting better at going up with the ball away from the defender, allowing him to get his shot off without being blocked.

Before he would go straight up

Since it is relatively new we could see some bumps in the road but it is a very good sign to see
                      His confidence since coming back from injury has been impressive to see. His passing has been great, he's had some really nice scoring games against other good centers.

Comment

Does anyone know what's up with Lowry and Valanciunas? Why is our PG not feeding the center as he should? Moreover, why is KL much better at finding BB than JV? I don't have the stats but I would bet that, despite playing fewer minutes together, more of KL's assists go to BB than JV.
                        Actually, I saw some nice attempts by Lowry to feed JV in the Clips game and rare kick-out to Lowry from JV, followed by an immediate re-feed to the post. Parker-Duncanesque post re-set. It was a small thing, but kind of like a sign of confidence from Lowry to JV to go get his. Plus, Lowry even shifting to the proper angle to receive the kick-out, was good. Baby steps.

Comment

Does anyone know what's up with Lowry and Valanciunas? Why is our PG not feeding the center as he should? Moreover, why is KL much better at finding BB than JV? I don't have the stats but I would bet that, despite playing fewer minutes together, more of KL's assists go to BB than JV.
                          golden wrote: View Post
                          Actually, I saw some nice attempts by Lowry to feed JV in the Clips game and rare kick-out to Lowry from JV, followed by an immediate re-feed to the post. Parker-Duncanesque post re-set. It was a small thing, but kind of like a sign of confidence from Lowry to JV to go get his. Plus, Lowry even shifting to the proper angle to receive the kick-out, was good. Baby steps.
                          It's hard to get JV the ball - they play him tight and on some post ups even show a double pretty early. BB's defender can leave him to help, which gets BB easy baskets when they find him with the pass. The positive with JV on the floor, even if he doesn't get the ball, is that if his man has to stick to him there's more space for the offense to operate in everywhere else on the floor.

The Clippers played JV tight and also were keyed in on DeMar - sticking to him and showing early doubles. Makes scoring tough for those guys, but it's no coincidence that a bunch of other Raptors got buckets last night. If the D takes away a primary option, everything is fine as long as your secondary option delivers.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Is there a better centre rotation in the league right now, than Jonas and Bismack?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Is there a better centre rotation in the league right now, than Jonas and Bismack?
                              I honestly don't think there is. You can argue that 36 minutes of Cousins and then 12 minutes of a homeless guy off the street is technically better, but in terms of tandems where one guy can step in for the other? Hard to find another team as well set up at C (especially when you consider that Nogueira is really, really good for a third stringer).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Is there a better centre rotation in the league right now, than Jonas and Bismack?
                                Dallas: Zaza, Javale, Salah Mejri

Comment

Working...
                                X