No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should qualify all of this by saying I'm a big JV fan .. just want to see him dunk the damn ball everyonce in a while like he used to. Its like he can barely get off the ground these days.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      I disagree on that. He used to be skinny quick. Now he's just huge, and is not fat.

And trust me, gaining muscle/fat is not that simple
      And I know I'm over simplifying it a bit, but when all you have to do is work out and practice for your job that pays millions, and you're surrounded by Trainers and Chefs etc. there's really no reason for a guy not to be in absolute optimal shape. I'm not sure we can say that about JV.

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

Joey wrote: View Post
        And I know I'm over simplifying it a bit, but when all you have to do is work out and practice for your job, and you're surrounded by Trainers and Chefs etc. there's really no reason for a guy not to be in absolute optimal shape. I'm not sure you can say that about JV.
        That's like saying since all you do is play basketball, why isn't everyone a deadeye three point shooter. Or why can't everyone hit freethrows at a 90% clip. Or why can't everyone just learn to guard their position. Like their always surrounded by coaches and trainers etc.

It's oversimplifying everything, and even though it seems so easy, in reality, it isnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          I should qualify all of this by saying I'm a big JV fan .. just want to see him dunk the damn ball everyonce in a while like he used to. Its like he can barely get off the ground these days.
          Or its as simple as he never gets opportunities to dunk. He gets points by getting the ball in the post, I rarely see any of the guards find/get JV open in the paint or off pick & rolls.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            That's like saying since all you do is play basketball, why isn't everyone a deadeye three point shooter. Or why can't everyone hit freethrows at a 90% clip. Or why can't everyone just learn to guard their position.

It's oversimplifying everything, and even though it seems so easy, in reality, it isnt
            I disagree completely actually.
            Your body is one of the only things you have FULL control over. There is no technique or skill required to be in shape.

If JV were always thick cut, like Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph or Cousins, then I would agree with you, that he is just predisposed to having a bulky frame, but he's not. We know that. He probably had 5% body fat when we drafted him. Lol

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Or its as simple as he never gets opportunities to dunk. He gets points by getting the ball in the post, I rarely see any of the guards find/get JV open in the paint or off pick & rolls.
              He gets enough opportunities for his chip shots and running hooks and stuff to see that he doesn't dunk them where he used to.

Comment

I disagree completely actually.
                Your body is one of the only things you have FULL control over. There is no technique or skill required to be in shape.

If JV were always thick cut, like Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph or Cousins, then I would agree with you, that he is just predisposed to having a bulky frame, but he's not. We know that.
                Idk man. Imo, jv isn't fat lol

He's still pretty cut, he's not like Eddie curry where he's lumbering around everywhere he goes. Agree to disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I should qualify all of this by saying I'm a big JV fan .. just want to see him dunk the damn ball everyonce in a while like he used to. Its like he can barely get off the ground these days.
                  His 42 dunks in 1262 minutes this season does not compare unfavourably to Biyombo's 70 dunks in 1600 minutes (55 per 1262 minutes) considering all Biyombo does is dunk it.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It's about a lot more than just dunking the basketball.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      His 42 dunks in 1262 minutes this season does not compare unfavourably to Biyombo's 70 dunks in 1600 minutes (55 per 1262 minutes) considering all Biyombo does is dunk it.
                      Fair enough, but then you compare him to the rest of the league, and you see Steven Adams having doubled his dunk total on the season. Or Drummond and Whiteside having basically tripled it.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        It's about a lot more than just dunking the basketball.
                        Oh of course, that's just by-product I've noticed.

Comment

• I'm firmly in the camp that JV needs to loose a little weight so he can regain some quickness.

I think he's listed at 265lbs. How about he went down to 250lbs? He'd still have his strength but with a little more agility and quickness
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            I'm firmly in the camp that JV needs to loose a little weight so he can regain some quickness.

I think he's listed at 265lbs. How about he went down to 250lbs? He'd still have his strength but with a little more agility and quickness
                            Lowry should be his mentor for losing weight.

Comment

• The whole 'Jonas is going to put on a bunch of weight this summer' 'Jonas is too slow to defend in the modern NBA' sequence of events is the most inexplicable thing that's happened during Masai's tenure.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• 3 years ago.. "Jonas needs to bulk up FAST!", "Jonas is skinny as fuck!"

Comment

Working...
                                X