Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I'm not all that certain JV is going to get to play any more than he normally would, so that may limit his impact in the playoffs. Keep in mind it's not the Hibbert Pacers anymore. Pacers probably want to run.
    I dunno, they got him 16 shots in 17 minutes vs Philly. I think they want him firing on all cylinders. He's the perfect release valve if teams focus on Demar/Lowry and I really want to think that the team understands that going into the playoffs this time

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      I totally discount anything that happened against the Wiz cause that series was just a tire fire. JV played really well against Brooklyn, especially at home, including monstrous games 1 and 2. I expect him to be very good as teams pile up on the backcourt and he gets left free....
      But even against BKL, the whistle was a huge factor for him. He was the best big on the court in the series until the refs neutered him. There were some awful calls against him because....I don't know, he was making KG and co look bad?

Anyway we'll have to see what happens. If the whistle is relatively fair and our guys show up to play, I really have a hard time seeing this go past 5 games.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        But even against BKL, the whistle was a huge factor for him. He was the best big on the court in the series until the refs neutered him. There were some awful calls against him because....I don't know, he was making KG and co look bad?

Anyway we'll have to see what happens. If the whistle is relatively fair and our guys show up to play, I really have a hard time seeing this go past 5 games.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

http://gfycat.com/SomeBlissfulGeese

Pierce and KG can go fuck themselves

Comment

• This was mentioned earlier in the season, but with the year officially over now, I thought it would be good to mention that JV's WS/48 this season is the highest of any player in Raptor history.

His .211 technically ranks behind Mamadou N'Diaye's 5 game season in 2001-02 and Peja Stojakovic's 2 game season in 2010-11. But there is literally no other Raptor season better than his current one (in terms of WS/48).

Vince's best season was .208 in 2000-01. Bosh's best season was .200 in 2007-08. Calderon and Lowry have each hit .197 (2007-08 and 2013-14 respectively - Lowry also his .196 this year).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            This was mentioned earlier in the season, but with the year officially over now, I thought it would be good to mention that JV's WS/48 this season is the highest of any player in Raptor history.

His .211 technically ranks behind Mamadou N'Diaye's 5 game season in 2001-02 and Peja Stojakovic's 2 game season in 2010-11. But there is literally no other Raptor season better than his current one (in terms of WS/48).

Vince's best season was .208 in 2000-01. Bosh's best season was .200 in 2007-08. Calderon and Lowry have each hit .197 (2007-08 and 2013-14 respectively - Lowry also his .196 this year).
            So, based on this nonsense, can we now all agree that WS/48 is completely useless for evaluating a player or is it still just almost completely useless?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              So, based on this nonsense, can we now all agree that WS/48 is completely useless for evaluating a player or is it still just almost completely useless?
              WS loves rebounders, which is mostly why Biyombo is 4th in offensive Win Shares, and Scola has more WS/48 than both Patterson and Joseph.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Don't know if this got posted, but I love it -

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  WS loves rebounders, which is mostly why Biyombo is 4th in offensive Win Shares, and Scola has more WS/48 than both Patterson and Joseph.
                  But PER favors high usage players, and his PER is higher than Lowry or DeMar.

JV was just really, really good this year.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Don't know if this got posted, but I love it -
                    One of my favourite thing about this team - never leave your teammate on the ground.

Comment

• Raptors have three star-players folks.

Comment

• One day this guy might be...

Comment

• Our JV all grown up! Was this his first time being alone on a playoff post game podium?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Our JV all grown up! Was this his first time being alone on a playoff post game podium?
                            he looked more uncomfortable and nervous up there then at any point in the game. said all the right things. only thing that might of been a misstep was the "at least three more games", that probably should have been "still a lot of basketball left" etc. as far as shit our team says that could be used as fuel for the pacers

Comment

• These playoffs are JV's official coming out party to the rest of the NBA who maybe don't get to see the Raptors play. He's been I think the best player on either team so far. MU did not just good, but great signing him prior to these playoffs which would have for sure allowed him to demand that much more.

Comment

• this guy is making less than Tristan Thompson.

Comment

Working...
                                X