Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    anyone ever do it for a whole series?
    Not sure. Can only search by full playoff runs easily on bbref.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• High praise, and also a good sign of Pacers' frustration:

Paul George had pointed words for (presumably) his frontcourt, saying the following: “We’re treating this like it’s a regular-season game. We’re failing to be the physical team. There’s one guy who’s doing it and doing it at an amazing job, and that’s Valanciunas. We need to match his physicality, and we’re not doing that.”

Comment

• Including regular seasons since '74, no one has ever maintained >30% TRB for more than 25 minutes. JV's done it for 80 so far.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Including regular seasons since '74, no one has ever maintained >30% TRB for more than 25 minutes. JV's done it for 80 so far.
          that's some mistress shit right there. they have to ask his permission for shit and hope he says yes.

thanks for that.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Including regular seasons since '74, no one has ever maintained >30% TRB for more than 25 minutes. JV's done it for 80 so far.
            what the fuck

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              High praise, and also a good sign of Pacers' frustration:
              Yeah, definitely a sign of frustration considering they are being super physical with Jonas. It's just not paying off at all.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                It's fucking comical how dominant JV is physically against their bigs
                Even on defense, all he does is mosey along to the front of the rim, the ball clangs off the rim and into his hands like he's the only one out there.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  It's fucking comical how dominant JV is physically against their bigs
                  The thing about it that strikes me is that JV is so much stronger than these guys that he can push them around without bending down much.

Indiana's bigs aren't excessively short, but they don't have the strength.

Plays that stand out are his O-boards over Turner a couple times. he has no hope of pushing JV without getting waaaay low, and even then, he cant move him and JV just plucks the ball over the top. Not an over the back, just literally reaching higher.

Comment

• I don't know if we slowed our game down for the playoffs, or if it's the extra weight JV lost but he's looked great so far this series. Haven't seen him look winded at all. He's destroying the Pacers on both sides of the ball right now.

Not to get too far ahead but I wonder if we play at the same pace next round.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I don't know if we slowed our game down for the playoffs, or if it's the extra weight JV lost but he's looked great so far this series. Haven't seen him look winded at all. He's destroying the Pacers on both sides of the ball right now.

Not to get too far ahead but I wonder if we play at the same pace next round.
                      We've been a molasses slow team all year. It's our style. If we want to have success, we have to maintain as slow a pace as possible and make opponents play against our set defence.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Now he just needs to be able to post up deep and stay there without being pushed out. He tries to hold off the big with just his elbow/arm and it never works. He has to get his ass and shoulder into them...and then someone needs to give him a good pass.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                          Now he just needs to be able to post up deep and stay there without being pushed out. He tries to hold off the big with just his elbow/arm and it never works. He has to get his ass and shoulder into them...and then someone needs to give him a good pass.
                          He gets position, but so often he has to move to the passer to get the ball, so he loses ground. If his teammates would pass it the instant he posted, instead of hesitating for three seconds so his man can partially front him and force him to move out to receive a pass, it wouldn't be an issue.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            We've been a molasses slow team all year. It's our style. If we want to have success, we have to maintain as slow a pace as possible and make opponents play against our set defence.
                            I think that style lends itself well to this match up, and perhaps in the second round, but I'm not sure we won't need to pick up the pace if we get beyond the 2nd round.

JV's game is just killing it this round though. Couldn't have faced a better opponent.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              He gets position, but so often he has to move to the passer to get the ball, so he loses ground. If his teammates would pass it the instant he posted, instead of hesitating for three seconds so his man can partially front him and force him to move out to receive a pass, it wouldn't be an issue.
                              I think they hesitate because they've learned that if they don't, JV's defender will likely get around him and deflect the pass. He needs to hone his technique so there's more than a split second where the passing lane is open. But yeah, it's definitely on the passers too.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                I think they hesitate because they've learned that if they don't, JV's defender will likely get around him and deflect the pass. He needs to hone his technique so there's more than a split second where the passing lane is open. But yeah, it's definitely on the passers too.
                                I've never seen a Raptor feed JV on a post up immediately and have the ball knocked away. It's always after hesitation, allowing the defender to get better position to get in the passing lane.

It's not technique so much as when the Raptors are feeding the post, everything else stops. The defence knows exactly what the Raptors are trying to do. If you are running actions that JV's man has to have an eye on for help, he can actually post up.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X