No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta think if JV can play, he'll play. There's no reason to play it safe in a game that's essentially going to decide the season for the Raptors.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
      You gotta think if JV can play, he'll play. There's no reason to play it safe in a game that's essentially going to decide the season for the Raptors.
      I don't 100% agree with that. If he can't run or get into a solid defensive position then the team could be playing 4 on 5 a lot. Cleveland also scores a lot of points in transition.

It would be different if he had an upper body injury. But a big guy needs his legs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I don't 100% agree with that. If he can't run or get into a solid defensive position then the team could be playing 4 on 5 a lot. Cleveland also scores a lot of points in transition.

It would be different if he had an upper body injury. But a big guy needs his legs.
        Yep. Need him to be able to impact the game, even if it's not to the level he was when he went down. If he's struggling, he could be hurting the team and risking his own health.

Even if he can somehow miraculously play tonight, not sure you can really count on anything from him yet because it really feels like he'd be rushing back and thus is probably nowhere close to 100%. Might just be best to sit him out tonight.

The best part of this tidbit is it could mean he's back for 5 or 6 if it goes that far. If we can pull this game out tonight basically, it means we could see JV back this series. And like I said in the gamethread, it could be a nice little twist to muck up Cleveland's gameplanning late in the series.

Comment

• There's two reasons not to play him:

1) Can't be effective enough to be useful.

2) Any risk to his long-term health.

Otherwise, would be obviously great to have him.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            There's two reasons not to play him:

1) Can't be effective enough to be useful.

2) Any risk to his long-term health.

Otherwise, would be obviously great to have him.
            No doubt he's going to be effective regardless. The only one who could even stop a jv at 60% on the glass would be Mongov. And Mosgov playing completely throws off clevlands game plan. So this is a plus

However, knowing JV, he just wants to play and help the team, and I think he would risk the long term health of tht ankle to play. And if that's the case, the medical staff CANNOT let him play, even if he says he's fine
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• It feels like forever since JV last played, and when he did he had a double double in the first half before getting injured. Would be a really great addition to have back.

Comment

• with anything close to healthy jv we have a shot at winning this series. Not a good one but a shot

Comment

• Even if JV can be restricted to 10 mins without farther injury, then he should play. If the Raptors lose this game, they might as well pack it in, cause you ain't winning 3 in a row (2 away games) against the Cavs.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Even if JV can be restricted to 10 mins without farther injury, then he should play. If the Raptors lose this game, they might as well pack it in, cause you ain't winning 3 in a row (2 away games) against the Cavs.
                    Yup. There's no way we'd win 3 in a row against the Cavs, but sports are fun man. I told everyone that Leicester was going to get relegated from the 15/16 Premier League and yeah.. Sports are fun. hashtag optimist

Comment

• Even if JV is at 50%, you play him. But you keep him on a short leash. He is taking Scolas minutes (hopefully) and he can't be any worse than him.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Yup. There's no way we'd win 3 in a row against the Cavs, but sports are fun man. I told everyone that Leicester was going to get relegated from the 15/16 Premier League and yeah.. Sports are fun. hashtag optimist
                        Your comparing apple and oranges. if the NBA had 1 game elimination tournament like FIBA does in the playoffs then anything is possible but at best of 7 series , there is very
                        little chance of you beating the odds ( unless the star player like Lebron gets injured and things then drastically change).

Comment

• https://twitter.com/craig_ripley/sta...98481320251393

I don't know who this guy is. Buttttttt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            https://twitter.com/craig_ripley/sta...98481320251393

I don't know who this guy is. Buttttttt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I don't know who is either, Ripley believe it or not lol

I await someone with more cred.

Comment

• Honestly, given how good his numbers are from midrange... I could see it.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Honestly, given how good his numbers are from midrange... I could see it.
                                Well if JV can start hitting threes....which I won't count on til I see it...you really could afford to pony up for Biyombo and play them together (obviously assuming you can find the cap space).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X